122 replies to this topic

Komba

Komba

Dir. of Football Operations

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,535 posts

Have you played in a 4-3-3 recently?

The outside backs are responsible for getting forward on offense. Defensively you give up the space on the outside and protect the middle of the park with your 3 center mids - your wingers (TH14 and LeToux) are suppose to track back and pressure any outside play.

In your lineup below, you can play it 2 ways, have Rafa as a holding DCM with Dax and Lindpere as the offensive mids to support the forwards, or have Dax and and Lindpere hold with Rafa as the CAM. You would never have Lindpere and Dax play as true wingers and have Rafa alone in the center.

Understood, and absolutely not saying they would play as true wingers, just think it exposes Marquez to more space which his mobility can't handle. Not a huge difference but definitely a difference compared to being in the middle. The problem with Marquez is that I think his best position is being handled extremely well by Dax. No reason to replace Dax so I think the only way to go about it would be to play Rafa further up as a CAM and see if he can handle it. He can distribute out of the back so maybe it's worth seeing if he could distribute further up.

No matter what, if everyone on this team actually does get healthy at one time, there's going to be a good player sitting on the bench. Whether it's Solli, Cooper, or Le Toux, I don't know.

CGF

CGF

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,521 posts
  • Supports:RBNY
Couple things...

Titi wouldn't want to play LW in a 4-3-3. 3 years ago he didn't play at Barca because he didn't have the mobility even at that age to play that position. Backe is not really a 4-3-3 guy from what we've seen. If he was, hed've tried it already with Richards at RW.

Le Toux, with his finishing ability it would be a crime to play him anywhere but striker. Cooper may be in a funk but 11 goals is no joke and Henry is Henry.

So where does that leave us? With one of them on the bench, likely Cooper, or with Thierry as a CAM, which would be a very offensive minded lineup. Of course Titi might inly play half the games anyway so its not going to be a common conundrum.
"Thank you, Jesus. (Martinez.)"- Jamison

iced1776

iced1776

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,342 posts
  • Supports:NY Red Bulls, FC Barcelona

Couple things...

Titi wouldn't want to play LW in a 4-3-3. 3 years ago he didn't play at Barca because he didn't have the mobility even at that age to play that position. Backe is not really a 4-3-3 guy from what we've seen. If he was, hed've tried it already with Richards at RW.

Le Toux, with his finishing ability it would be a crime to play him anywhere but striker. Cooper may be in a funk but 11 goals is no joke and Henry is Henry.

So where does that leave us? With one of them on the bench, likely Cooper, or with Thierry as a CAM, which would be a very offensive minded lineup. Of course Titi might inly play half the games anyway so its not going to be a common conundrum.

The tactics we currently use already suit Le Toux at right wing. Richards always played high up the field looking to make runs behind the defender, Le Toux can accomplish this while also providing a better touch in the open field. Le Toux's work rate is decent enough that he'll track back to help on defense as well.

CGF

CGF

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,521 posts
No Meara at training as of yet. Safe to say I think we'll have a new goalkeeper in tomorrow be it Vuolo or this new Puerto Rican guy.

Did I Do That?

Did I Do That?

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,747 posts
Henry also talked about how hot Red Bull Arena can get during the summer. Very little air flows through the soccer-specific stadium due to the structure of its roof, and that can make for sweltering conditions.

“With the heat, it’s crazy, especially in the stadium,” said Henry. “I don’t know if you felt it, it feels like someone does it on purpose or something. It’s kind of way hotter there. The stadium keeps the heat, I don’t know what it is but we’re going to have to see how it is.”

JayJeeMoNee

JayJeeMoNee

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,015 posts
  • Interests:Metro | USA | USMNT | Dortmund
  • Supports:MetroStars
http://www.mlssoccer...against-seattle

(Formerly JonnyG)

"In church, they say that suffering is good for the soul. I like to view my love for this team as being a spiritual exercise." - Steve B2

Elseth7

Elseth7

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,063 posts
  • Supports:Metro, USMNT
--------Henry-------LT-------
Lade--Dax----Lindpere--solli
Pearce--Hulk--Conde--Barklage

This is what I want to see. Cooper as 70 min sub for Henry who will be tired from the heat.
"I'm sure we won't hear much from [Philly] because of the quality of our fans, of how loud and how boisterous they are," Petke said. "They're probably going to drown them out. But I welcome it. I love it..."

CGF

CGF

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,521 posts
Solli is O-U-T out for this match. Not even questionable. Which makes me think he might not be in all this week.

We will see one of...

a 4-3-3

OR

Ballouchy on the right
McCarty on the right
Lade on the right

Komba

Komba

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,535 posts
Backe made it clear that he only wanted to play le toux up front so you have to figure that he starts for Kenny.

The question mark comes down to RM and I hope we go with lade or Lindpere depending on whoever is more comfortable on the right. Think most likely is ballouchy though.

Elseth7

Elseth7

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,063 posts
  • Supports:Metro, USMNT
------------------Cooper-----------
----------Henry--------------------
----------------------------LT------
----Lindpere--Rafa--Dax----------
Pearce---Conde--Hulk---Barklage

If Conde isn't good to go I'd move Pearce inside and put Lade a LB.
"I'm sure we won't hear much from [Philly] because of the quality of our fans, of how loud and how boisterous they are," Petke said. "They're probably going to drown them out. But I welcome it. I love it..."

jroke

jroke

Reserve Team

• PipPip
  • 349 posts
  • Supports:anyone BUT redbull
RB tied for third and ....
F

A

L

L

I

N

G.............

acesfull86

acesfull86

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,151 posts
  • Supports:NYRB, NYK, NYM, NYR, NYJ

RB tied for third and ....
F

A

L

L

I

N

G.............

One game losing streak. Team is clearly collapsing.

Brian.MLS

Brian.MLS

RIP MetroStars

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,478 posts
  • Supports:Metro/NYRBII
What I am thinking Hans will put out:

-------------Meara (or Gaudette)
Barklage-Conde-Rafa-Pearce
------------McCarty
Ballouchy-----------Lindpere
-------------Henry
Cooper--------------LeToux

Subs: Holgersson, Keel, Vuolo/Gaudette, Palsson, Arteaga, Miller, Lade, Borrajo/Maduro/Ruthven
2013, 2015 & 2018 Supporters Shield Winners

@CurseofCaricola

GM24

GM24

Reserve Team

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 177 posts
  • Supports:RBNY/USMNT
Isn't Pearce still hurt?

onionsack

onionsack

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,765 posts
  • Supports:New York Cosmos
One thing that should concern everyone is that we are playing Eddie Johnson, who has constantly smoked Metro over the years. I wouldn't be surprised to see him bag a goal or two.
RED BULL OUT!!! - True Soccer fans in NY since 2006

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users