• Please log in to reply
23 replies to this topic

blurroske

blurroske

New Signing

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts
When will the Cosmos return? It's obvious they will sometime, but when? I think the 20th team will be Orlando City SC, followed
by the Cosmos as soon as possible. But it might take years before their stadium will be ready. How many NYRB fans should leave
us for the Cosmos you think?

Eleazar

Eleazar

One who helps God

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,966 posts
  • Interests:Metro, the USMNT and Boston College Athletics
  • Supports:METRO
Don't care. Next.

1st!

RIP Guillermo Romulo, Alexander Francis Orig, Celenio Eleazar, and my Mom, Resurreccion Eleazar.

RIP Cesar Castello, Mike Vallo, Glenn Stampiglia, Bob Paquette, and Warren Lee

JayDelight729

JayDelight729

Dir. of Football Operations

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 17,017 posts
  • Supports:Metro
Posted Image

"Obviously, I want to make a living (in soccer), to say the least," he said. "There's so much you can accomplish in the soccer world, and right now I'm focused on having a good season with the Red Bulls. Ultimately, our goal is to win the MLS Cup, and I see no reason why we can't." - #4 Tyler Adams

GMoney

GMoney

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,118 posts
  • Supports:New York Red Bulls
I have it on good authority that they will be back for the next Paul Schoales testimonial! HA!!

The New York Red Bulls previously kicked around Major League Soccer as the MetroStars with limited success. But after transforming under a new banner in 2005, the Red Bulls have become a force to be reckoned with in the Eastern Conference. The club has made leaps of progress since its previous incarnation and now has its focus on bringing the league title to New York. Grab your New York Red Bulls soccer jersey and other gear here at MLSGear.com.

DHatch

DHatch

Site Moderator

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,283 posts
  • Supports:Mighty Metros

When will the Cosmos return? It's obvious they will sometime, but when? I think the 20th team will be Orlando City SC, followed
by the Cosmos as soon as possible. But it might take years before their stadium will be ready. How many NYRB fans should leave
us for the Cosmos you think?

I think we need need a new fantasy forum, where people can talk dungeons and dragons, cosmos, and famous carlisle fc players.

Eleazar

Eleazar

One who helps God

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,966 posts

famous carlisle fc players.

As if there's any other kind?!?!

Posted Image

RIP Guillermo Romulo, Alexander Francis Orig, Celenio Eleazar, and my Mom, Resurreccion Eleazar.

DHatch

DHatch

Site Moderator

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,283 posts
  • Supports:Mighty Metros

As if there's any other kind?!?!

Posted Image

:cheers:

Rooney22

Rooney22

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,999 posts
  • Supports:The Mighty Fucking Metro
There really should be a min of a 100 post requirement before starting a thread.

Rybka

Rybka

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,459 posts
  • Supports:Metro, River Styx, USA
Although this is a very annoying thread, it does raise a serious question. For if the Cosmos return, it would take a deep slice of fans from RB. Not hard core fans like myself and most others who post here, but among the borderline MLS fans who live in NYC and points east.

Fortunately for us, it is not going to happen soon because there is no enthusiasm for MLS soccer in NYC. The media does not talk about the Cosmos, or even the Red Bulls or MLS. MLS is a non starter in NYC. Nobody in the NYC media or NYC government gives 2 s---s about MLS. 99% of soccer fans in NYC only care about soccer in other countries and on TV. Without enthusiasm, there will not be a soccer stadium in NYC. It would be too much of an economic risk for investors.

And if 2 teams split the small pie, each will fail. Only Don Garber and the few Cosmos fans think it will work now. It won't work now. Maybe in the future when MLS is more established, but not now. Give #20 to a city that shows enthusiasm, like Orlando City.

JBigjake54

JBigjake54

Amicus Curiae

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 24,312 posts
  • Supports:MetroStars

there is no enthusiasm for MLS soccer in NYC. ... Only Don Garber and the few Cosmos fans think it will work

Are there any Cosmos fans left? :unsure:
There certainly should be enough soccer fans in the NY-NJ metropolitan area, to support another team. But in reality, there are not. Most support teams in other countries, usually their homeland, but sometimes with little or no direct connection. Northern NJ alone has more than 6 million people, which would make it the 5th largest metropolitan area in the USA. Only the rest of NYC, LA, Chicago & now Dallas, have more people.
RB believes it is an NYC team. To rephrase your comment, there is no enthusiasm for NJ by RB. It prefers to market to NY, if at all, IMO. Does RB market at all in Newark? Harrison? Kearny? Not just billboards, but outreach? Ticket reps?
LA has not shown that it can support 2 teams. Why push for a second in NY, when there are other markets that could be tried first?

We are good enough to beat the best teams, and bad enough to lose to the worst teams. 

Charlestown Chiefs

Charlestown Chiefs

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,244 posts
  • Interests:In no particular order Hockey,Beer,Metro,Women
  • Supports:Metro/RB USMNT NY RANGERS BAYERN
last i heard, they had a ship sailing under the cosmos name. pepe pinton went down wit the ship, so he is still down with it

hackmeister

hackmeister

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,326 posts
  • Interests:Futbol, linux, hunting, drinking beer
  • Supports:NY Red Bulls
I was a huge Cosmos fan back in the day but
Posted Image

JBigjake54

JBigjake54

Amicus Curiae

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 24,312 posts
  • Supports:MetroStars

If "that ship has sailed", shouldn't it be headed away, with sails unfurled? :unsure:

We are good enough to beat the best teams, and bad enough to lose to the worst teams. 

Eleazar

Eleazar

One who helps God

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,966 posts
Could mean "Dead in the water"

C.O.Jones

C.O.Jones

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,028 posts
  • Supports:CF Cadiz

Posted Image

Me too, but then again, I still believed in the Easter Bunny and thought the Fonz was cool. I had nightmares of Russia landing on the beaches of the Jersey Shore and nuking all of us.
I wasted countless hours debating wheter Baretta could kick Starsky and Hutch's asses in--but it would be a heck of a fight between Juan Epstein and Dano (from Hawaii Five-O) !

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users