213 replies to this topic

hoofit

hoofit

Reserve Team

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 276 posts
  • Supports:NYRB

"Welcome to nazi-free red bull arena!!"   would pay to hear that...

Aww man... poor MCL fans forced to fend away the fourth reich and root for a team made solely of MLS-stature players.  

Oh, for the salad days of nazi salutes in left field and endless daydreams of chummy vineyard tours with Pirlo, date night/hot tub sex with Lampard, and David Villa just plain "getting them."

And still no concrete (pun intended) update on The House that Ned Grabavoy Built (or may someday build.)

Tough times indeed.

Those facts noted, their record is better than ours and fuck knows we could win this 4-0 or lose by the same score.  

I will go with a nice, yet considerate, 3-1 with BWP scoring on the smurfs as usual.

Cheers!

(ps.  Never forget https://www.youtube....h?v=yvQk1hjwx58)

Excellence Not Expectations

Sasa Curcic's Watch

Sasa Curcic's Watch

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,688 posts
  • Supports:Metro

What will it take to get Casseres regular minutes? He deserves it. 

Metrohoboken

Metrohoboken

Dir. of Football Operations

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,517 posts

What will it take to get Casseres regular minutes? He deserves it. 

Armas appreciating that CCJ is better than RZA at DM or duel 8 with Davis.  RZA a good player is also inconsistent and only puts up a good match every 3 or so games and is a good 8/10 hybrid rather than a 6.  This is the more important choice than RW.  RW seems to be Myuls to lose especially after last week  - although remember Omir started CCL over Myul who didn't even make the trip.  

Bradley Wright-Phillips "I prefer it at Red Bull Arena, but it was OK. I could imagine it being good for a baseball crowd.

General Robles

General Robles

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,259 posts
  • Supports:Metro & Newcastle

Armas appreciating that CCJ is better than RZA at DM or duel 8 with Davis.  RZA a good player is also inconsistent and only puts up a good match every 3 or so games and is a good 8/10 hybrid rather than a 6.  This is the more important choice than RW.  RW seems to be Myuls to lose especially after last week  - although remember Omir started CCL over Myul who didn't even make the trip.  

I think RZA can be just as effective as a 6 (see Atlanta game at RBA in September last year) as he can as an 8 or 10. I just think he suffers a bit with consistency, as you said, regardless of where he is on the pitch. Solid player, but an obvious step down from an Adams or a Kaku (when hes on his game). Im firmly in the camp that believes CCJ should be seeing the bulk of those minutes. RZA is an excellent depth option with great versatility.

regulator

regulator

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,437 posts
  • Supports:Metrostars, USMNT, Ecuador
They need rotation at those 2 CM spots. Davis in particular has looked Bradley-esque at times in 2nd halves of games. Maybe giving him a week off would go a long way

Eleazar

Eleazar

One who helps God

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,960 posts
  • Interests:Metro, the USMNT and Boston College Athletics
  • Supports:METRO

So if Kaku is unavailable/not starting and then the CM trio is Rza Casseres and Davis, who's the next CM up? Beze? 

RIP Guillermo Romulo, Alexander Francis Orig, Celenio Eleazar, and my Mom, Resurreccion Eleazar.

RIP Cesar Castello, Mike Vallo, Glenn Stampiglia, Bob Paquette, and Warren Lee

1TeamInNY

1TeamInNY

New Signing

• Members
  • Pip
  • 34 posts
  • Supports:RBNY, USMNT, USWNT

Is this supposed to be a red out at RBA?

guanaco20

guanaco20

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,447 posts
  • Supports:NY RedBulls

Is this supposed to be a red out at RBA?

Good thing for those tarps!!!

RedBullScouse

RedBullScouse

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 19,781 posts
  • Supports:Irresistable Mermaids/Liverpool/RU

So if Kaku is unavailable/not starting and then the CM trio is Rza Casseres and Davis, who's the next CM up? Beze? 

Beze has been having a good season for Woly.  Piling up the assists.   And we can't be terribly shocked if Armas tries Lade in that weird advanced central sweeper role again.

"Everybody has a plan until they get punched in the mouth." - Iron Mike

Bitch covered my plaid?
The sorrow inside me grows.
I need my plaid pitch.

"It goes without saying that when things don't go your way they just don't go your way. " - JCO

"He can't kick with his left foot, he can't tackle, he can't head the ball and he doesn't score many goals. Apart from that, he's all right.”
George Best, on David Beckham

Komba

Komba

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,517 posts

I do agree about that with Rza being inconsistent.  There are games where he's one of the best players on the field and there are other games where he's in the bottom 5.

I do think some of his best performances come when he's in one of those offensive mid positions though.  He just makes things so hard on the opposing team defensively because he's amazing at sniffing out plays.  Presses extremely well because he has good athleticism.

RedBullScouse

RedBullScouse

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 19,781 posts
  • Supports:Irresistable Mermaids/Liverpool/RU

I do agree about that with Rza being inconsistent.  There are games where he's one of the best players on the field and there are other games where he's in the bottom 5.

I do think some of his best performances come when he's in one of those offensive mid positions though.  He just makes things so hard on the opposing team defensively because he's amazing at sniffing out plays.  Presses extremely well because he has good athleticism.

He is less effective when teams key on him physically - he gets muscled off the ball pretty easily.   He also makes a ton of errant passes, but maybe because he's deliberately trying some low percentage stuff.   

"Everybody has a plan until they get punched in the mouth." - Iron Mike

Bitch covered my plaid?
The sorrow inside me grows.
I need my plaid pitch.

"It goes without saying that when things don't go your way they just don't go your way. " - JCO

"He can't kick with his left foot, he can't tackle, he can't head the ball and he doesn't score many goals. Apart from that, he's all right.”
George Best, on David Beckham

Metrohoboken

Metrohoboken

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,517 posts

rotation is key as we have 5 games coming up in 20 days.

Sun NYC / Wed Toronto Away / Sun Orlando Away / Wed C Bus Home / Sat Toronto Home

Thankfully we have Gold Cuppers back and lots of wingers and some back up striker named Bradley....

I would like to see Omir, Ivan and DE7 get good minutes and I think BEZ gets some as well (although not a huge fan).  Buckmaster appearance? Anyone else we could see loaned up from RB2 as a big reward - Stroud?

Bradley Wright-Phillips "I prefer it at Red Bull Arena, but it was OK. I could imagine it being good for a baseball crowd.

Brian.MLS

Brian.MLS

RIP MetroStars

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,450 posts
  • Supports:Metro/NYRBII

Beze has been having a good season for Woly.  Piling up the assists.

He has one assist this year. To be fair, only 400 minutes played and Jorgensen and Elney cant finish.
2013, 2015 & 2018 Supporters Shield Winners

@CurseofCaricola

ivo

ivo

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,363 posts
  • Supports:NYRB, Real Madrid

rotation is key as we have 5 games coming up in 20 days.

Sun NYC / Wed Toronto Away / Sun Orlando Away / Wed C Bus Home / Sat Toronto Home

Worry about rotation in the next 4 games. NYC should be 100% strength. They are ahead of us in the standings and have 2 games in hand, so we really need to beat them. They are on a short rest as they will be playing tomorrow.

Antonius Block

Antonius Block

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,967 posts
  • Supports:RBNY, Sligo Rovers

Anyone know the time table on Parker?

"To believe is to suffer. It is like loving someone in the dark who never answers." - Antonius Block on Metro fandom

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users