213 replies to this topic

rhactl7

rhactl7

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,066 posts
  • Supports:Red Bull Out

So if Kaku is unavailable/not starting and then the CM trio is Rza Casseres and Davis, who's the next CM up? Beze? 

Why is Kaku unavailable? 

General Robles

General Robles

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,259 posts
  • Supports:Metro & Newcastle

Why is Kaku unavailable? 

I think he was speaking more in a hypothetical sense. Kaku is available. 

rhactl7

rhactl7

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,066 posts
  • Supports:Red Bull Out

- Have to think BWP will get the start right? I know we are being cautious with him but its been 3 games to ease in now.

- Parker returning would be nice, but Tarek can hold his own at CB if necessary.

- As long our backline has Taxi, Long, and nobody named Connor, I am confident going into this match.

I would go...

----------------BWP

--------Muyl - Kaku - Royer

------------Davis - CCJ

Taxi - Tarek/Parker - Long - Murrilo

---------------Robles

Eleazar

Eleazar

One who helps God

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,960 posts
  • Interests:Metro, the USMNT and Boston College Athletics
  • Supports:METRO

i think Armas benches Kaku for an add'l game for what transpired in HOU. 

RIP Guillermo Romulo, Alexander Francis Orig, Celenio Eleazar, and my Mom, Resurreccion Eleazar.

RIP Cesar Castello, Mike Vallo, Glenn Stampiglia, Bob Paquette, and Warren Lee

JBigjake54

JBigjake54

Amicus Curiae

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 24,302 posts
  • Supports:MetroStars

Why is Kaku unavailable? 

Psychological DL.

We are good enough to beat the best teams, and bad enough to lose to the worst teams. 

SatansHockey

SatansHockey

Dir. of Football Operations

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,266 posts
  • Supports:New York Red Bulls

i think Armas benches Kaku for an add'l game for what transpired in HOU. 

Did any video ever come out capturing what happened? I find it very hard to believe in this day and age that nobody caught it.

Metrohoboken

Metrohoboken

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,517 posts

nah Kaku plays.

BWP I think Yes for full game. 

Interesting point by Bobby Warshaw in letting White get 60 every game and then let BWP come on against tired D.  

Whites been getting it done and lets BWP slowly ramp back up.  

BWP loves playing NYC though. 

Bradley Wright-Phillips "I prefer it at Red Bull Arena, but it was OK. I could imagine it being good for a baseball crowd.

Eleazar

Eleazar

One who helps God

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,960 posts

nah Kaku plays.

BWP I think Yes for full game. 

Interesting point by Bobby Warshaw in letting White get 60 every game and then let BWP come on against tired D.  

Whites been getting it done and lets BWP slowly ramp back up.  

BWP loves playing NYC though. 

maybe.

but yeah, heard the Warshaw thing where BWP becomes Mariano Rivera and closes games out with a brace and shushing the opponents. that'd be nice. but BWP'd have to say yes to it. i do like Brian White's game, it's not perfect, but can score with either foot, brave with the headers (that SKC goal), and just gets it done, not bad for a non-HG that came up through the U23 squad. 

RIP Guillermo Romulo, Alexander Francis Orig, Celenio Eleazar, and my Mom, Resurreccion Eleazar.

Metrohoboken

Metrohoboken

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,517 posts

maybe.

but yeah, heard the Warshaw thing where BWP becomes Mariano Rivera and closes games out with a brace and shushing the opponents. that'd be nice. but BWP'd have to say yes to it. i do like Brian White's game, it's not perfect, but can score with either foot, brave with the headers (that SKC goal), and just gets it done, not bad for a non-HG that came up through the U23 squad. 

I don't think the BWP thing should be permanent (unless it works really well) but could be over the summer or at least July with the heavy schedule.  

Bradley Wright-Phillips "I prefer it at Red Bull Arena, but it was OK. I could imagine it being good for a baseball crowd.

Eleazar

Eleazar

One who helps God

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,960 posts

I don't think the BWP thing should be permanent (unless it works really well) but could be over the summer or at least July with the heavy schedule.  

ideally, this would've been solved had Abang's career not take a sharp downturn. 

Brian.MLS

Brian.MLS

RIP MetroStars

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,450 posts
  • Supports:Metro/NYRBII
REF: Alan Kelly
AR1: Corey Rockwell
AR2: Matthew Nelson
4TH: Jon Freemon
VAR: Drew Fischer
AVAR: Thomas Supple
2013, 2015 & 2018 Supporters Shield Winners

@CurseofCaricola

JBigjake54

JBigjake54

Amicus Curiae

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 24,302 posts
  • Supports:MetroStars

ideally, this would've been solved had Abang's career not take a sharp downturn. 

He is not killing it in China?

We are good enough to beat the best teams, and bad enough to lose to the worst teams. 

Indyanapolis

Indyanapolis

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,109 posts
  • Supports:Metro

He is not killing it in China?

Downturn is probably more of a description for his off the field antics. He seems to be doing really well in the Chinese second division whatever people want to make of that.

If you scan YouTube looking for Bradley Wright-Phillips, youll find numerous goal compilations, a few interviews and, eventually, an excerpt from the grime mixtape series Lord of the Mics.

999duo

999duo

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,132 posts
  • Supports:Metro, Bolton, Swansea

The positive of the situation is for basically the last 4 seasons, ever since Henry left, weve had one striker and zero reliable backupsAbang included (4g in 25 league games). We were extremely lucky BWP stayed healthy. At least the one season he got injured weve had a reliable backup in White and a young player who has demonstrated an ability to contribute productively in Barlow. Were three deep at striker right now which is two more than anytime in the recent past. Ideally BWP wouldve been healthy all season, but it could have been worst.

Eleazar

Eleazar

One who helps God

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,960 posts

well, they're in ORL for tmw's USOC game. do they field as best a first XI as possible, or do they save some guys for the game against us?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users