71 replies to this topic

Harraby Lad

Harraby Lad

Dir. of Football Operations

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,606 posts
  • Supports:several real football clubs

As a part of the team's marketing campaign for the its home opener, a video was projected onto buildings throughout New York City to generate awareness and interest in the team.

Wow !! this is great, now everybody - QUICK ! run to the fridge in your local bodega.
Master of Karate and Friendship for everyone.

theredmenace

theredmenace

2009 DOTY

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,991 posts
  • Supports:Metro, Thoughtcrime United

As a part of the team's marketing campaign for the its home opener, a video was projected onto buildings throughout New York City to generate awareness and interest in the team.

Wow !! this is great, now everybody - QUICK ! run to the fridge in your local bodega.

I don't really have any bodegas near me, so I feel running to the nearest one would take quite a bit of time, or even be hazardous to my health because I am not an avid runner and therefore may be susceptible to injury. I'd appreciate it if you could give me some other advice. Thanks.
Upsetting Shorts: Funny, so you don't have to. SEASON 2 BEGINS! NEW EPISODE JULY 2nd!!!

Eleazar: "Tim = wise man"

Harraby Lad

Harraby Lad

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,606 posts
  • Supports:several real football clubs

I'd appreciate it if you could give me some other advice. Thanks.

Drink more beer.
Master of Karate and Friendship for everyone.

MasterShake

MasterShake

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,465 posts
  • Supports:NY Red Bulls

Drink more beer.

but its not made by Red Bull :(
He's not a soft or hot drink
Whoever don't like it could suck his straw, it's hot pink
On some junk like Gucci on a classy hoe
Might splash you in the face with nuclear pistachio
Make a fast break, or that'll be the last mistake
that ass'll make is what you get for messing with ..........

theredmenace

theredmenace

2009 DOTY

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,991 posts
  • Supports:Metro, Thoughtcrime United

but its not made by Red Bull :(

Yeah, how am I supposed to show my support for my corporate deities here?
Upsetting Shorts: Funny, so you don't have to. SEASON 2 BEGINS! NEW EPISODE JULY 2nd!!!

Eleazar: "Tim = wise man"

JayDelight729

JayDelight729

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 17,017 posts
  • Supports:Metro
Why is this a horrible marketing scheme?

It shows the team in action, in high profile areas.

Don't get the complaining here. This is teetering on dead horse.

"Obviously, I want to make a living (in soccer), to say the least," he said. "There's so much you can accomplish in the soccer world, and right now I'm focused on having a good season with the Red Bulls. Ultimately, our goal is to win the MLS Cup, and I see no reason why we can't." - #4 Tyler Adams

gprime85

gprime85

The Hooligan Reverend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,561 posts
  • Interests:beer.
  • Supports:RBNY CELTIC USA West Ham

i think the johnny toro stunt was lame but i actually like this...provided it was in a high traffic area close to time square (now jen knows what that light that was shining through her window was), and not like somewhere in hell's kitchen or some shit...
{GSS}
"So wait, a brace is when someone scores 2 goals." "Yep." "...and a hat trick is 3 goals." "Right." "So than what's 5 goals? Is there a name for that?" "A Mathis."
In Soler/Backe We Trust.

onionsack

onionsack

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,765 posts
  • Supports:New York Cosmos

Why is this a horrible marketing scheme?

It shows the team in action, in high profile areas.

Don't get the complaining here. This is teetering on dead horse.

Its dumb because its a poor marketing intitive for a soccer team. Guys, broad "exposure" marketing has never worked for MLS in any market. That is the real dead horse.

They need targeted and focused marketing plans that go after soccer fans and people and places where that can happen. This is another poor stunt that is targeted at no one in particular. Just another Manhattan project designed to expose the "brand name" to as many people as possible.

I agree with Iain in that regard, that RB as a marketer has the drink and logo in mind in everything. Why else would they do this? Dumb.
RED BULL OUT!!! - True Soccer fans in NY since 2006

Metro4LIFE

Metro4LIFE

Electron Poster

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,421 posts
  • Interests:Metro, Graffiti, Art, Hookers
Awesome! And how many people showed up to stadium because of this? Right... back to the drawing board boys...

Get your head out your marketing books and step into the REAL world.

Soy Del Metrooooo, Del Metro soy yoooooooo!

FootballClubMaps.com :: High Quality Football Posters from around the globe. Get yours today!

LOCO4REAL

LOCO4REAL

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,392 posts
  • Supports:River plate RBNY/METROSTARS

Awesome! And how many people showed up to stadium because of this? Right... back to the drawing board boys...

Get your head out your marketing books and step into the REAL world.

:cool: welcome to red bull world
LOS VILLEROS ,Los Borrachos Del Tablon

JayDelight729

JayDelight729

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 17,017 posts
I think you need a combination of focused and broad marketing efforts.

Sure, you may not create diehard fans by having a large viewing on a building, but it's not a terrible idea.

But when you have targeted efforts complimented by broad efforts, you have diehards talking about the team to non-diehards which creates broad awareness. Then the non-diehards see broad efforts which helps mainstream something out of the niche.

No major company does just targeted marketing efforts.

You need a combination of multiple things.

Whether you want to believe it or not, every "soccer" fan doesn't hang out at Nevada Smiths, The Metropolitan Oval, and Corona Park.

"Obviously, I want to make a living (in soccer), to say the least," he said. "There's so much you can accomplish in the soccer world, and right now I'm focused on having a good season with the Red Bulls. Ultimately, our goal is to win the MLS Cup, and I see no reason why we can't." - #4 Tyler Adams

LOCO4REAL

LOCO4REAL

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,392 posts
  • Supports:River plate RBNY/METROSTARS

Sure, you may not create diehard fans by having a large viewing on a building, but it's not a terrible idea.

Whether you want to believe it or not, every "soccer" fan doesn't hang out at Nevada Smiths, The Metropolitan Oval, and Corona Park.

some soccer fans even hang out at strip clubs! :blink: :pint:
LOS VILLEROS ,Los Borrachos Del Tablon

Belshina

Belshina

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,988 posts
  • Supports:MetroStars, Juventus, Real Madrid
why dont we put this 2-3 guys on the team they have better ball control/skill then all our midfielders put together. Let likes of Sinisa and etc. do the street marketing :)

viper

viper

TU PAPA

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 914 posts
  • Interests:Soccer, Soccer, & Soccer
  • Supports:Red Bull New York & Arsenal

Its dumb because its a poor marketing intitive for a soccer team. Guys, broad "exposure" marketing has never worked for MLS in any market. That is the real dead horse.

Go up to Seattle and you'll see and example of broad exposure marketing that has worked. I was up there a couple of weeks ago. Billboards, posters, cards, pocket schedules, even the Sounders flag on top of the Space Needle (and it was lit up in Sounders colors). If that's not an example of broad exposure marketing that's worked, I don't know what is. But please, do go on with your broad statements.

They need targeted and focused marketing plans that go after soccer fans and people and places where that can happen. This is another poor stunt that is targeted at no one in particular. Just another Manhattan project designed to expose the "brand name" to as many people as possible.

Yes, the old dead horse argument that Red Bull just wants to sell drinks and couldn't care less about how many people come to the games. Also, they couldn't care less about how many people are going to fill that new $200+ million stadium that's going to open next year. Yeah, I'm starting to believe it myself. :)+

I agree with Iain in that regard, that RB as a marketer has the drink and logo in mind in everything. Why else would they do this? Dumb.

Because the of Metro ownership/management weren't ever as dumb. Right. :)+ If you say no, then I gott a dose of MPF I can give you. Raise your hands if you want the viper back here full time people. ;)

onionsack

onionsack

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,765 posts
  • Supports:New York Cosmos

But when you have targeted efforts complimented by broad efforts, you have diehards talking about the team to non-diehards which creates broad awareness. Then the non-diehards see broad efforts which helps mainstream something out of the niche.

Obviously Jason, but after 14 years of research in this area you'd think the club would have a strong idea of what areas and communitites are more apt to be supporters of the game than others. The hundreds of rec leageus and adult leagues, soccer suppliers, pubs that show soccer, etc.

Why waste all this time and energy doing "stunts" that don't convey any real information. Would anyone here think me shining a projection on a wall in the village of ESC be an effect use of our recruitment time and funds? They need face to face grassroots marketing and they need to chennel their budget towards meaningful and targeted efforts designed to convince the massive soccer loving population to get on board.

Use the $$ on adverts in print and TV not on a building.
RED BULL OUT!!! - True Soccer fans in NY since 2006

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users