• Please log in to reply
84 replies to this topic

Komba

Komba

Dir. of Football Operations

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,535 posts
I'm interested in seeing all of the facts come out. It's really strange to be honest. I'm curious if there was any relationship with the killer before the murder and what the motive was. Although motives can be absolutely dumb, they usually exist in some fashion or another. Just hoping this kid wasn't involved with some bad things which could have contributed to it all.

If he was just in the wrong place at the wrong time then it's absolutely devastating.

I wouldn't go throwing every bit of support behind anyone before some more facts coming out.

Antonius Block

Antonius Block

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,976 posts
  • Supports:RBNY, Sligo Rovers

I wouldn't go throwing every bit of support behind anyone before some more facts coming out.

I guarantee you he did not do anything for which he deserved to be murdered. So yes, I think we should through all our support behind him.

"To believe is to suffer. It is like loving someone in the dark who never answers." - Antonius Block on Metro fandom

Metro4LIFE

Metro4LIFE

Electron Poster

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,421 posts
  • Interests:Metro, Graffiti, Art, Hookers
  • Supports:Metro

Looks like Danny Trejo

Looks more like a long haired pony tailed Rafa Marquez.

Soy Del Metrooooo, Del Metro soy yoooooooo!

FootballClubMaps.com :: High Quality Football Posters from around the globe. Get yours today!

alberchico

alberchico

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 589 posts
  • Interests:soccer, aviation
  • Supports:NY Red Bulls, Real Madrid
http://www.nydailyne...ticle-1.1178314

might be possible that the killer confused him with someone else....

Komba

Komba

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,535 posts

I guarantee you he did not do anything for which he deserved to be murdered. So yes, I think we should through all our support behind him.

Absolutely true. But I don't want to see people jump and make TIFOs for a guy who may turn out to be a meth head who owed someone money.

People very often jump to conclusions so it's best to just wait for more info to come out. If it's something as simple as mistaken identity then it really is tragic.

Antonius Block

Antonius Block

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,976 posts
  • Supports:RBNY, Sligo Rovers
No matter what he may or may not have done, you can still make a public statement of support for the family and friends of a young man was murdered. There is nothing he could have conceivably done that would make a statement of support inappropriate. It can never be wrong to condemn murder.

"To believe is to suffer. It is like loving someone in the dark who never answers." - Antonius Block on Metro fandom

betoAYAK

betoAYAK

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,385 posts
  • Supports:Metro, Colombia & Millonarios
hooray for alcohol

(NittanyMetros @ Mar 17 2011, 01:38 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

It seems Philly fans have signed up on metrofanatic to vote for themselves (in 'What team do you hate more?') . No real fan of this team would vote anything other than DC.

JBigjake54

JBigjake54

Amicus Curiae

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 24,313 posts
  • Supports:MetroStars

I don't want to see people jump and make TIFOs for a guy who may turn out to be a meth head who owed someone money.

What? If my dealer kills me, I hope there's at least one "So long, Jake!" banner!

We are good enough to beat the best teams, and bad enough to lose to the worst teams. 

Metro4LIFE

Metro4LIFE

Electron Poster

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,421 posts
  • Interests:Metro, Graffiti, Art, Hookers
  • Supports:Metro

No matter what he may or may not have done, you can still make a public statement of support for the family and friends of a young man was murdered. There is nothing he could have conceivably done that would make a statement of support inappropriate. It can never be wrong to condemn murder.

Really? nothing? What if the guy raped one of the killer's kids while he was at soccer camp? Not possible you say? well Sandusky was a great guy before everyone found out what he was doing. Heck and if it was my kid I might go all Charles Bronson on him too. What if the guy was doing some shady drug deals that went south and he was mutilated in order to teach other people not to screw the killer over?

We'd all like to think that the guy was just walking around all innocently and out of nowhere this maniac comes and takes his life. But the reality is there might be more to this. Just be patient and let the dust settle before you go singing praises to people you dont even know. Had this guy not have a slight affiliation with the team no one on here would give 2 shits.

Soy Del Metrooooo, Del Metro soy yoooooooo!

FootballClubMaps.com :: High Quality Football Posters from around the globe. Get yours today!

Big Daddy

Big Daddy

Reserve Team

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 430 posts
  • Interests:Your Mom
  • Supports:USA, NYRB, Millonarios, Celtic, LFC

Had this guy not have a slight affiliation with the team no one on here would give 2 shits.

Last time I checked this was "the oldest and largest fan and media site for the MetroStars/ Red Bull New York of Major League Soccer." So it is a moot point... no?

jevanvoo

jevanvoo

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,235 posts
  • Supports:RBNY USMNT USWNT

NY1 reported it first thing this morning. How many local news broadcasts have you watched today?

I saw the story and the video on both ABC and NBC Monday morning

"Onionsack- the soccer equivalent of a Jehovah's Witness" 

-Thoward18

Now it's the RedBulls fans. they may be even louder than the DC guys who, for reasons beyond imagining, had 50 seats saved for them up front.

Philadelphia: I love you guys, really, but you're getting schooled.

The noise in here is deafening.
-Bill Archer 1.14.10

Rybka

Rybka

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,459 posts
  • Supports:Metro, River Styx, USA
I am confused about "West Harrison". At first I thought it was next to Harrison, NJ, but now I believe it is next to Harrison NY. Maybe there are two "West Harrisons"?

Paul Nasta

Paul Nasta

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,069 posts
  • Supports:Old Boys, SBU, RBNY, USMNT

I am confused about "West Harrison". At first I thought it was next to Harrison, NJ, but now I believe it is next to Harrison NY. Maybe there are two "West Harrisons"?

It's Westchester County.

JayJeeMoNee

JayJeeMoNee

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,015 posts
  • Interests:Metro | USA | USMNT | Dortmund
  • Supports:MetroStars

Absolutely true. But I don't want to see people jump and make TIFOs for a guy who may turn out to be a meth head who owed someone money.

I'd make tifo for this guy any day..

Posted Image

(Formerly JonnyG)

"In church, they say that suffering is good for the soul. I like to view my love for this team as being a spiritual exercise." - Steve B2

boburuncle

boburuncle

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 663 posts
  • Supports:NYRB, USMNT, USWNT, Bayern Munchen
And it gets worse

@GrantWahl

AP reports suspect in stabbing death of NYC soccer coach fled to Mexico City http://www.nytimes.c...9...tml?hp&_r=0 … (via @nytjim)
Retweeted by Big Apple Soccer

The fucker has fled.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users