84 replies to this topic

67% Class

67% Class

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,748 posts
  • Supports:Metro

When does camp start? first game is end of February.... I'd think we'd start hearing some more action soon, right?

Efried

Efried

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,001 posts

When does camp start? first game is end of February.... I'd think we'd start hearing some more action soon, right?

probably around the 19th usually a week after the draft

Arsenal14

Arsenal14

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,794 posts
  • Supports:RBNY, USA, Arsenal

MLS sent out an email with a letter from Don Garber the other day that mentioned Jan. 16 as the first day of preseason.

67% Class

67% Class

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,748 posts

probably around the 19th usually a week after the draft

MLS sent out an email with a letter from Don Garber the other day that mentioned Jan. 16 as the first day of preseason.

This is earlier than I thought..... get it moving Thelwell! 

RedBullScouse

RedBullScouse

Dir. of Football Operations

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 19,798 posts
  • Supports:Irresistable Mermaids/Liverpool/RU

Well before we have any new players from outside MLS on board.

"Everybody has a plan until they get punched in the mouth." - Iron Mike

Bitch covered my plaid?
The sorrow inside me grows.
I need my plaid pitch.

"It goes without saying that when things don't go your way they just don't go your way. " - JCO

"He can't kick with his left foot, he can't tackle, he can't head the ball and he doesn't score many goals. Apart from that, he's all right.”
George Best, on David Beckham

Antonius Block

Antonius Block

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,976 posts
  • Supports:RBNY, Sligo Rovers

Well before we have any new players from outside MLS on board.

It is by design.  This way management can always use the excuse "If only they had a full pre-season together.." every year.

"To believe is to suffer. It is like loving someone in the dark who never answers." - Antonius Block on Metro fandom

TK_RBNY

TK_RBNY

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,100 posts
  • Supports:Red Bulls, Fulham

It is by design.  This way management can always use the excuse "If only they had a full pre-season together.." every year.

The biggest apologists will eat it up too. For some there is nothing RBNY can do that would be deserving of criticism.

Luckily for the team there arent even enough people to make a big enough stink about their business or lack thereof, and the apologists cancel out the few that do.

thoward18

thoward18

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,490 posts

The biggest apologists will eat it up too. For some there is nothing RBNY can do that would be deserving of criticism.

Luckily for the team there arent even enough people to make a big enough stink about their business or lack thereof, and the apologists cancel out the few that do.

The European transfer window has been open 6 days. What other teams are out there making mass imports right now? We all know the front office annoyingly never leaks anything and we have no local reporters to dig around.

RedBullScouse

RedBullScouse

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 19,798 posts

The European transfer window has been open 6 days. What other teams are out there making mass imports right now? We all know the front office annoyingly never leaks anything and we have no local reporters to dig around.

The deals should be well in the works before the window opens, so its just a matter of signature when it does.

What other teams are doing is almost irrelevant.  Other teams aren't in the deep hole we've dug for ourselves.    

Add up the minutes played by Edwards, Gutman, Davis, Duncan and Fabio.    How many teams need to replace that many minutes AND massively upgrade their offense?

Bitch covered my plaid?
I need my plaid pitch.

"It goes without saying that when things don't go your way they just don't go your way. " - JCO

"He can't kick with his left foot, he can't tackle, he can't head the ball and he doesn't score many goals. Apart from that, he's all right.”

TK_RBNY

TK_RBNY

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,100 posts
  • Supports:Red Bulls, Fulham

Id say normally I wouldnt care because they have until the end of February until the season starts, but thats not true Id care either way.

Anyway the way I see it, and what makes this team different is they make a big deal about players getting in and having a full preseason, its been directly referenced by our current HC and Kevin Thelwell.

Being Red Bull fit, building chemistry all very important, and theyve probably known even months before the season ended where they needed improvement and what players wouldnt be returning, Sean Davis and Kyle Duncan might be the exceptions here.

Its about carrying out their job to an acceptable level.

67% Class

67% Class

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,748 posts

I'm sure that there are players incoming - and at least 1 DP type game changer. I just would like to see them on the roster now. I have faith in Thelwell, but in the next week, there really should be additions, or I will start to seriously question him. 

thoward18

thoward18

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,490 posts

The deals should be well in the works before the window opens, so its just a matter of signature when it does.

What other teams are doing is almost irrelevant.  Other teams aren't in the deep hole we've dug for ourselves.    

Add up the minutes played by Edwards, Gutman, Davis, Duncan and Fabio.    How many teams need to replace that many minutes AND massively upgrade their offense?

It's not as easy as that. Everything is an interconnected web. Belgian Side A will sell their LB but only if they can snag the signature for this player they're looking at in Portugal. The Poruguese side is still deciding what they want to do, etc. 

Consider we finished above something like 66% of the league, I'd say 66% of the league has to add at least as many players as we do. 

Suppose Thelwell submitted an offer to a club for a player tonight that will be accepted. When do you suppose we'd actually hear about it? History indicates it would be a week at minimum. We have no idea what's happening right now or even what's happened in the last 2 weeks. It's extremely frustrating but it is what it is. I'd love nothing more than for us to have an actual media presence that knows wtf is going on. 

ivo

ivo

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,369 posts
  • Supports:NYRB, Real Madrid

I'm sure that there are players incoming - and at least 1 DP type game changer.  

I wish I had your DP optimism

RedBullScouse

RedBullScouse

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 19,798 posts

I'm sure that there are players incoming - and at least 1 DP type game changer. I just would like to see them on the roster now. I have faith in Thelwell, but in the next week, there really should be additions, or I will start to seriously question him. 

I remember feeling 100% confident like that when Henry left. Of course they would replace him with someone big, right? I was wrong.

Bitch covered my plaid?
I need my plaid pitch.

The Falcon

The Falcon

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 530 posts
  • Supports:New York Red Bulls

Preseason schedule out yet? Are we playing Desert Diamond Cup or other preseason tournament or are they off due Covid? Imagine we'll be at our training ground in Bradenton?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users