worm feces.

irishstevenj

irishstevenj

Reserve Team

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 457 posts
  • Supports:Metro

Philly's recent form is WLDLD. Nothing to write home about. Us at home, should be taken care of. 

Of course, technically, shouldn't the CCL thread also be pinned since that's next up? 

maxmini

maxmini

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,345 posts
  • Supports:RBNY, Corinthians

Need to put in players that will shoot from length.....  Philly always parks the bus against us.

McSoccer

McSoccer

Dir. of Football Operations

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,053 posts
  • Supports:New York Red Bulls, Arsenal

Need to put in players that will shoot from length.....  Philly always parks the bus against us.

Definitely, but there aren't a lot openings to get a shot through when they pack the box. We also need to put guys in that are good 1v1.

maxmini

maxmini

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,345 posts
  • Supports:RBNY, Corinthians

Definitely, but there aren't a lot openings to get a shot through when they pack the box. We also need to put guys in that are good 1v1.

A goal on a rebound  or a tipped shot counts the same.  We've tried to walk the ball in against parked busses all year.  It doesn't work.

irishapple21

irishapple21

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,911 posts
Just remember: "Red Bull gives us wins. A Bimbo gives you STDs."

McSoccer

McSoccer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,053 posts

A goal on a rebound  or a tipped shot counts the same.  We've tried to walk the ball in against parked busses all year.  It doesn't work.

We've tried to pass the in.  Maybe Grella tried to take guys on 1v1, but he seems to be especially ineffective against teams that park (see playoffs 2015).  Definitely shoot from distance, but I wouldn't mind seeing Veron and Royer out there trying to break some ankles.  IIRC when Veron was finally brought into the last Philly game he did actually manage to beat a few guys to get into the box.

ElMetrofan

ElMetrofan

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,043 posts
  • Interests:Metro. That's it.
  • Supports:USA, Colombia, Metro

We've tried to pass the in.  Maybe Grella tried to take guys on 1v1, but he seems to be especially ineffective against teams that park (see playoffs 2015).  Definitely shoot from distance, but I wouldn't mind seeing Veron and Royer out there trying to break some ankles.  IIRC when Veron was finally brought into the last Philly game he did actually manage to beat a few guys to get into the box.

Yep. Definitely shooting from distance works, last goal vs Montreal happened after a deflection that fell perfectly for a cross and the goal.

Komba

Komba

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,517 posts

Jeez... Can't wait to see Philly park the bus and time waste.

Just keep putting the ball in the box and eventually a bounce has to go our way.

rhactl7

rhactl7

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,066 posts
  • Supports:Red Bull Out

BWP

Royer-Sacha-Muyl

Felipe-Dax

Lawrence-DP-Collin-Duvall

Robles

Same as last game

Koko

Koko

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,418 posts

BWP

Royer-Sacha-Muyl

Felipe-Dax

Lawrence-DP-Collin-Duvall

Robles

Same as last game

Unless he's trying to rest players and/or add a tactical wrinkle this is our first choice lineup isn't it?

McSoccer

McSoccer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,053 posts

add a tactical wrinkle

ha ha ha

Koko

Koko

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,418 posts

ha ha ha

Royer Grella and Muyl each cause different problems. They're all worth starting but you can only play 2.

CGF

CGF

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,521 posts
  • Supports:RBNY

I think Grella could play withdrawn forward in a 4-4-2 but its not really worth shifting the lineup around for. 

He reminds me of Lindpere in that respect 

"Thank you, Jesus. (Martinez.)"- Jamison

McSoccer

McSoccer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,053 posts

Royer Grella and Muyl each cause different problems. They're all worth starting but you can only play 2.

I would add Veron to your list, but otherwise I agree with the statement.  I'm just not sure Marsch does...  My point further up was that Marsch really doesn't add tactical wrinkles.  We have a 2 goal lead at the 70'?  Same high press, push the play forward style - make sure to hold possession and try to kill the clock.  Opponent is bunkering and/or just clearing the ball so they don't make mistakes that our press can exploit?  Play the guys that will track back and have high workmates - don't play players that can beat guys 1v1 and don't force players to shoot from range.

If Marsch added tactical wrinkles, he would start Muyl against City (Harrison) and Montreal (Patti) and then maybe start Veron against Philly where we'll need creativity to get around their bus.

Columbus sucks this year and over the course of a season I'd much rather have Jesse than Bierhalter for a coach.  But for one game or series?  Uhhhhh, I don't know.  In Playoffs 2015 Bierhalter, knew that the way CBus had played for TWO WHOLE FUCKING SEASONS wouldn't work against us, so he <gasp> changed everything they did and won.  Bier halter added way more than a wrinkle.

The only thing I'd like to see Marsch do is play a more offensive player.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users