1063 replies to this topic

regulator

regulator

Dir. of Football Operations

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,440 posts
  • Supports:Metrostars, USMNT, Ecuador

My theory is that rbny doesn't have the fitness level they had in previous squads. I noticed that we look gassed by the 70th minute.

maybe he should rotate more instead of having basically the same starting 11 as your match 3 days prior

Grelladinho

Grelladinho

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,989 posts
  • Supports:Red Bulls
I guess the argument for not firing him would be that he took over the team halfway through last season, led them to the best regular season finish in league history and then got pretty close to MLS Cup.

His only sins have been the first leg of the Atlanta series and the slow start this year, but like I said in another thread, all it takes is 1-2 wins and they are right back in a playoff spot since the standings are so tight. There is plenty of time to still grab a seed.

I think Armas is gonna get to stay until the end of the summer at least. I'd rather see Hamlett fired and a competent team-builder brought in.

Koko

Koko

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,418 posts
  • Supports:Metro

all it takes is 1-2 wins and they are right back in a playoff spot since the standings are so tight.

Team looked like shit to start the season. Then he got those 1-2 wins (while looking like shit), and followed them up with a loss at home to a depleted shit team while looking like shit.

ivo

ivo

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,369 posts
  • Supports:NYRB, Real Madrid

I guess the argument for not firing him would be that he took over the team halfway through last season, led them to the best regular season finish in league history and then got pretty close to MLS Cup.

His only sins have been the first leg of the Atlanta series and the slow start this year, but like I said in another thread, all it takes is 1-2 wins and they are right back in a playoff spot since the standings are so tight. There is plenty of time to still grab a seed.

I think Armas is gonna get to stay until the end of the summer at least. I'd rather see Hamlett fired and a competent team-builder brought in.

You're probably right in that he'll get to stay for a while before being fired.

The problem is we've looked bad, and all over the pitch. Even when we had bad starts under Jesse, we were either bad in defense (fixable and fixed via trade) or finishing poorly (bad luck/low confidence), so you could identify and solve the issues or at least wait them out. If you are bad from no. 1 to no. 99 and there's no cohesion on offense or defense, you can't fix that by bringing 1 or 2 players or moving the chess pieces around.

Eleazar

Eleazar

One who helps God

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,967 posts
  • Interests:Metro, the USMNT and Boston College Athletics
  • Supports:METRO

Coach? 

The Players not executing?

Hamlett et al. not doing their part?

Hey, at least we had 8 wingers at the beginning of the season, with only 4 CBs. That irked me then, still does. 

RIP Guillermo Romulo, Alexander Francis Orig, Celenio Eleazar, and my Mom, Resurreccion Eleazar.

RIP Cesar Castello, Mike Vallo, Glenn Stampiglia, Bob Paquette, and Warren Lee

juberish

juberish

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,576 posts
  • Supports:RED BULLZ F.C.
Call yer reps, town hall time.

But in all seriousness, can it be town hall rime? Been a while?

Sasa Curcic's Watch

Sasa Curcic's Watch

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,688 posts

Call yer reps, town hall time.

But in all seriousness, can it be town hall rime? Been a while?

Our expectations have increased that much? 

Koko

Koko

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,418 posts

Our expectations have increased that much? 

My expectation is MLS cup. Thats completely unreasonable given the odds in a salary cap league, but not unreasonable when you look at the historical mismanagement of the team. Were overdue. All that needs to happen is an end to stupid decision making.

ig101

ig101

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,423 posts

Sounds like Osorio stint here back in 09.

elf

elf

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,324 posts
  • Supports:Metrostars

Sounds like Osorio stint here back in 09.

The difference is that we are still in the playoff conversation. We also won 2 of the last 3 games. In 09, we couldnt define a win.

ElTriMetro

ElTriMetro

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,887 posts
  • Supports:Metros, Club America.

How his seat isn't/won't be AT LEAST warm is fucking embarrassing for this club.

"Red Bull on the pitch - Metro in our hearts."

#RedBullOut

gas huffer

gas huffer

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,463 posts
  • Supports:metroboludos
next home game we need to have a Woly! Woly! chant

Metrohoboken

Metrohoboken

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,583 posts
Not today

Bradley Wright-Phillips "I prefer it at Red Bull Arena, but it was OK. I could imagine it being good for a baseball crowd.

Eleazar

Eleazar

One who helps God

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,967 posts
  • Interests:Metro, the USMNT and Boston College Athletics
  • Supports:METRO

What did Coach Armas say to the MLS Hot Seat? 

"Not [today]..." /arm waving 

RIP Guillermo Romulo, Alexander Francis Orig, Celenio Eleazar, and my Mom, Resurreccion Eleazar.

RIP Cesar Castello, Mike Vallo, Glenn Stampiglia, Bob Paquette, and Warren Lee

JBigjake54

JBigjake54

Amicus Curiae

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 24,313 posts
  • Supports:MetroStars

Etienne and casseres should start.

They both did. Etienne was ineffective and eventually subbed off.

Fernandez and muyl should be our first subs for our wingers

Both started. Muyl ineffective and subbed off.
Now what?

We are good enough to beat the best teams, and bad enough to lose to the worst teams. 

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users