Komba

Komba

Dir. of Football Operations

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,535 posts

So THIS or THIS?

Yep, that's the question.

I think your 4-2-2-2 formation is exactly how it would go. 

If we go with that 3-3-3-1 formation, could go a few different ways.  I'm not crazy about Rivas on the wing though.  I think he's a forward through and through.  

I'll go with this as far as the 3-3-3-1:

--------------BWP-------

-----Royer--Kaku--Adams

Taxi---------Felipe-------Murillo

-----Long---Collin---Redding

And if we venture back to the 4-2-3-1 then this:

------------BWP----------

Royer----Kaku----Adams

--------Felipe-Rapinoe

Taxi--Long--Collin--Murillo

RedBullScouse

RedBullScouse

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 19,799 posts
  • Supports:Irresistable Mermaids/Liverpool/RU

If we go with that 3-3-3-1 formation, could go a few different ways.  I'm not crazy about Rivas on the wing though.  I think he's a forward through and through.  

--------------BWP-------

-----Royer--Kaku--Adams

All indications are that Rivas is better central, and Kaku almost always has played out wide on the left, which is good, because I think ROyer is OK with that cut in from the right and shoot with his left move.

"Everybody has a plan until they get punched in the mouth." - Iron Mike

Bitch covered my plaid?
The sorrow inside me grows.
I need my plaid pitch.

"It goes without saying that when things don't go your way they just don't go your way. " - JCO

"He can't kick with his left foot, he can't tackle, he can't head the ball and he doesn't score many goals. Apart from that, he's all right.”
George Best, on David Beckham

Eleazar

Eleazar

One who helps God

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,967 posts
  • Interests:Metro, the USMNT and Boston College Athletics
  • Supports:METRO

Kaku BWP

Rza Royer

Felipe Adams

Taxi Long Collin Murillo

Robles

RIP Guillermo Romulo, Alexander Francis Orig, Celenio Eleazar, and my Mom, Resurreccion Eleazar.

RIP Cesar Castello, Mike Vallo, Glenn Stampiglia, Bob Paquette, and Warren Lee

defendyourself

defendyourself

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,143 posts
  • Supports:RBNY, USMNT, Arsenal

--------------BWP-------

-----Royer--Kaku--Adams

And if we venture back to the 4-2-3-1 then this:

------------BWP----------

Royer----Kaku----Adams

--------Felipe-Rapinoe

Taxi--Long--Collin--Murillo

personally i hate Tyler as an advanced winger.  I would rather have him in the middle as a 6,8,or 10, or put him in wingback ahead of winger.  The skillset of taking on a defender 1 v 1 versus carrying the boy past a center midfielder are two difference skills.  Tyler I think it a lot better at the latter.  

Some will argue Davis did that to some success last year, but whole point of signing guys like Kaku is so we can add that new element into our attack.  If we were playing a slower possession system like last year then Tyler can play winger all he wants.

Komba

Komba

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,535 posts

Disagree given our system. The front 4 has to cover a lot of ground and press like crazy. That's why I like Tyler farther up.  Don't mind him in that wingback position either because it requires a lot of running, but farther up is a good thing with him.  They did it for a bit last year and he looked good.   

He's our best player. I want him in positions where he can affect the game the most. He's good at everything. I hope people weren't influenced too much by the USMNT game because they had trash around him and it's a completely different system.  Doesn't apply at all. 

sec201

sec201

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,438 posts
  • Supports:Red Bull, USMNT
Having not watched Rapinoe or Kaku, I cant really guess what sort of lineup well have. But, it looks like there will be a lot of competition for spots, which is great for the team.

McSoccer

McSoccer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,057 posts
  • Supports:New York Red Bulls, Arsenal

Disagree given our system. The front 4 has to cover a lot of ground and press like crazy. That's why I like Tyler farther up.  Don't mind him in that wingback position either because it requires a lot of running, but farther up is a good thing with him.  They did it for a bit last year and he looked good.   

He's our best player. I want him in positions where he can affect the game the most. He's good at everything. I hope people weren't influenced too much by the USMNT game because they had trash around him and it's a completely different system.  Doesn't apply at all. 

Keita is probably the best player Leipzig and he plays as one of the deeper mids. You play Tyler in an advanced role as of necessity, I dont think that exists now with these two new signings, specifically Kaku.

defendyourself

defendyourself

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,143 posts
  • Supports:RBNY, USMNT, Arsenal

Tyler is a beast yes, but from my understanding of counterpressing in a 4-2-2-2 the box-to-box guy in the middle is as important if not more important than the wingers for a couple reasons.

1) against 3 man midfields, those guys in the middle have to be mobile enough to not get run off the park and have additional responsibility to win the 50/50 ball that comes from the misplaced pass the pressed defender plays

2) when press is broken the CM that joins the initial swarm (which is the box--to-box/Tyler) has to recover quickly so the team can get into shape and minimize how long back four is exposed and outnumbered

3) when winning the ball deep in your half that player is responsible for either playing long range pass to front 4 to start attack or penetrate initial line of defense to start a counter

Tyler is better at these three things than he is at dribbling and more importantly we don't have many guys that can do this job as well as Tyler.

cBr

cBr

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,902 posts
5 man midfield with Felipe sitting super deep central partnered up with Adams in the box to box role centrally.

The rest of the line up will work itself out

Are we done with the splashes doe?

5 year plan

Voice of Reason II

Voice of Reason II

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,065 posts

Having not watched Rapinoe or Kaku, I cant really guess what sort of lineup well have. But, it looks like there will be a lot of competition for spots, which is great for the team.

Who is Rapinoe, did I miss that splash?

Komba

Komba

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,535 posts

Yes, should have been more clear.  I'm fine with Tyler playing back as one of the 6's in the 4-2-2-2.  Me putting Adams higher up was in the 4-2-3-1 and mainly the 3-3-3-1.  

Personally excited.  Kaku is probably in the air now coming here and that Rzatkowksi is better than I think a lot of people are expecting.  He's got skill.  I think we're going to create goals, especially because we can run more now, bigger question will be defensively.  

I haven't liked that 4-2-2-2 every time I've seen it form us, but curious what it looks like with our new, much younger group.

uptownbull

uptownbull

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,775 posts
  • Supports:METRO! Barca, PR libre

Depth charts are fun... roughly:

FWD: BWP, Rivas, Keita, Etienne, Moreno, Bonomo, Muyl

AM: Royer, Kaku, Rza, Keita, Adams, Davis, Etienne, Mines, Muyl, Bez, Valot

CM: Felipe, Adams, Rza, Davis, Casseres

FB / WB: Taxi, Murillo, Lade, Muyl

CB: Long, Collin, Esco, Redding, Murillo, Lade, Ndam, Politz

GK: Robles, Meara, Louro

For comparison, this was the Metro team when i started getting into futsoc. Slight improvement. 

RED. BULL. OUT. 

#SaveTheMetro

MetroFanatic

MetroFanatic

Choose Metro.

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 20,262 posts
  • Supports:Metro

Who is Rapinoe, did I miss that splash?

Rzatkowski

ec40ac24bac9d958da747964e6b32e56--womens

Rapinoe

Marc+Rzatkowski+Gy6QGX3OPjmm.jpg

MetroFanatic.com. Metro Forever.

Komba

Komba

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,535 posts

Already feeling kind of bad for Muyl and Etienne.  Those dudes are going to have a hell of a time getting any minutes.  They aren't even backups.  They are like 3rd options at this point. 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users