#16 9ronaldo9

9ronaldo9

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,656 posts
  • Supports:Garaxy

Posted 17 November 2007 - 04:44 PM

I spoke with the Sounders head of tickets/sales yesterday. They are taking deposits for 09. $50 saves your seat. midfield seats are going for $450 for the season. They are really selling some tickets.
I wish my grass was emo...then it would cut itself.

#17 El_Dude

El_Dude

Steve Sampson Groupie

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,089 posts
  • Interests:Pizza and Boyzzzz! And Galaxy! And BEER!
  • Supports:no one...they support me!

Posted 18 November 2007 - 02:41 AM

3000 season tickets or something like it have alread been sold for '09
STEVE SAMPSON; STILL THE GREATEST COACH OF THE LA GALAXY. EVER. PERIOD. EXCLAMATION POINT. NUF SAID. JAJAJA!

#18 El_Dude

El_Dude

Steve Sampson Groupie

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,089 posts

Posted 20 November 2007 - 03:49 AM

Some more on KC Wizards going small town...

god now if i could only find my John Cougar albums!!!

ooh and FUCK YOU WALLBANGERS!!!!

i'm getting a FATHEAD!!!
STEVE SAMPSON; STILL THE GREATEST COACH OF THE LA GALAXY. EVER. PERIOD. EXCLAMATION POINT. NUF SAID. JAJAJA!

#19 ucsdguy

ucsdguy

Dir. of Football Operations

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,773 posts
  • Supports:Galaxy, Tottenham hotspur

Posted 20 November 2007 - 11:08 AM

a team in vegas + LARS Booze Weekend I = someone from the riot squad is going to die

#20 nemocystem

nemocystem

Reserve Team

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 476 posts
  • Supports:Galaxy, Arsenal, LAKERS, 'Skins

Posted 20 November 2007 - 01:12 PM

was gonna open a new topic but i figured it would suffice to go here.

looks like the MLS is putting their money on 2008 to be the year Beckham takes the Galaxy to the MLS Cup

i know i'll be there with or without the Galaxy's participation, but oh my!!! wouldn't it be nice.

#21 uclacarlos

uclacarlos

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,545 posts

Posted 22 November 2007 - 01:36 AM

was gonna open a new topic but i figured it would suffice to go here.

There's already a thread about it... right here in Victoria Street Talk

#22 socluis90

socluis90

Reserve Team

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 276 posts
  • Supports:Galaxy, USA, Guatemala

Posted 22 November 2007 - 03:12 AM

almost 8k season seat deposits in seattle.

#23 El_Dude

El_Dude

Steve Sampson Groupie

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,089 posts

Posted 28 November 2007 - 10:33 PM

GI Joe shipping off to germany...I wonder if he's being stationed where twigg was????

#24 The Sign Guy

The Sign Guy

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,458 posts
  • Supports:Galaxy Arsenal

Posted 29 November 2007 - 02:28 AM

AH HELL YEAH!!!!
Aachen is my favorite team in Da Rheinland. I was disheartened when they were relegated and I blame Jan Schlaudroff for all the drama that he caused that led to their relegation and downfall from 9th place. I fucken love that team. I'll dig up a pic of me with the scarf sometime. The Tivoli is one of the hardest places to play at; ask Bayern Munich as they always lose to Aachen in the DFB cup. Tivoli seats only 20k but they are closer to the pitch than the coaches. It's hell in there and someone told me on big soccer once that you can go to the games for less than 10 euros.
Ole Alemannia Ole!

#25 LFC1892

LFC1892

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,346 posts
  • Supports:G's, 'Pool, Hoops, Bayern, Fleet

Posted 29 November 2007 - 07:21 AM

This Hobbit eater likes Aachen as well:

Posted Image

#26 El_Dude

El_Dude

Steve Sampson Groupie

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,089 posts

Posted 29 November 2007 - 11:36 PM

I guess this is why RedBull wanted AEG out of THEIR house...

The New York Red Bulls redesigned their stadium to cut the number of luxury suites by almost half, remove a concert stage and make sure every seat is covered by a roof, giving it a look similar to major European soccer venues.

#27 Gen'Buck'Turgidson

Gen'Buck'Turgidson

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,116 posts
  • Interests:THE 5 STAGES OF LARS MEMBERSHIP
    1) LARS Worship
    2) Hyper-Enthusiasm
    3) Delusional Misbelief
    4) Cognizant Sarcasm
    5) Ambivalent Apathy
    ::: Greenwood FC :::
    --------------------
  • Supports:Pints of Jamesons

Posted 30 November 2007 - 01:54 AM

I guess this is why RedBull wanted AEG out of THEIR house...

Interesting...Seems like Red Bull thinks they can make money on the MetroStars without tapping Christina Aguilera's ass every once in a while.

If they are right, and I don't think they are yet, it signals a real shift in the long term profitability planning for MLS clubs.

Hmmm...it'd be nice if they are right!

PS I think I will refer to the team in New York from this point on as "The New York Football Red Bulls".
Nobody ever went broke underestimating the intelligence of the American public.
-H. L. Mencken
----------------------
The Dunning–Kruger effect is a cognitive bias in which "unskilled people reach erroneous conclusions and make unfortunate choices but their incompetence robs them of the metacognitive ability to realize it." The unskilled therefore suffer from illusory superiority, rating their own ability as above average.

#28 El_Dude

El_Dude

Steve Sampson Groupie

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,089 posts

Posted 01 December 2007 - 05:26 PM

Labor relations breaking down????

If MLS clubs can't keep what little real talent they have, how can sports fans take MLS seriously as a league? More importantly, if these clubs continue to pay players like they're cheap hired hands, how likely is a players strike after 2009, when the current collective bargaining agreement ends?

Major League Soccer is setting itself up for a massive labor dispute -- one in which its players might decide to head for Europe en masse, without the approval of their bosses, much like locked out NHL players did in 2004. If that happens, it could force FIFA to get involved. Do these billionaire cheapskates really want let Sepp Blatter, already one of the least popular FIFA bosses in recent memory, to have a legal and binding impact on their fledgling business?

interesting take...

he does have some valid points about LIVING WAGES...

I'd think we would want to see how well the league does this next season. The American economy seems to be hitting the skids and we are heading for an election year. Next summer the politician will tear the country in two and people will be paying for $7/gallon gas--does MLS continue to pack em in? Only the soccer gods know.

If the league can, they had better shell out some cash!!!

**CAN OF WORMS ALERT***On the flip side, are Americans cheaper than Africans? At this point maybe, but most of the talent in Africa seems to be much more physically gifted--take Pompey for example--they have a lot of physically talented individuals, they just need to be whittled into football players.

#29 Gen'Buck'Turgidson

Gen'Buck'Turgidson

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,116 posts
  • Interests:THE 5 STAGES OF LARS MEMBERSHIP
    1) LARS Worship
    2) Hyper-Enthusiasm
    3) Delusional Misbelief
    4) Cognizant Sarcasm
    5) Ambivalent Apathy
    ::: Greenwood FC :::
    --------------------
  • Supports:Pints of Jamesons

Posted 01 December 2007 - 06:04 PM

Labor relations breaking down????
interesting take...

he does have some valid points about LIVING WAGES...

I'd think we would want to see how well the league does this next season. The American economy seems to be hitting the skids and we are heading for an election year. Next summer the politician will tear the country in two and people will be paying for $7/gallon gas--does MLS continue to pack em in? Only the soccer gods know.

If the league can, they had better shell out some cash!!!

**CAN OF WORMS ALERT***On the flip side, are Americans cheaper than Africans? At this point maybe, but most of the talent in Africa seems to be much more physically gifted--take Pompey for example--they have a lot of physically talented individuals, they just need to be whittled into football players.

Other points:
Strict EU requirements to get a visa to play football there will serve as an Immigration wall to most Americans and Africans.

Not so for AUSTRALIA and JAPAN though. They have the money and aren't afraid to make rules to allow the importation of QUALITY talent into their leagues.

I see players like Klein and Mathis being able to go to Aussie in the event of labor issues, and they'd do well. The money would be great for players like EJ and Donovan in Japan, though I doubt they'd want to play there. But they COULD go there.

Still the vast majority of players who don't get national team caps are basically stranded here.
Nobody ever went broke underestimating the intelligence of the American public.
-H. L. Mencken
----------------------
The Dunning–Kruger effect is a cognitive bias in which "unskilled people reach erroneous conclusions and make unfortunate choices but their incompetence robs them of the metacognitive ability to realize it." The unskilled therefore suffer from illusory superiority, rating their own ability as above average.

#30 RobertTheBruce

RobertTheBruce

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,432 posts
  • Supports:Galaxy dickheads! Arsenal

Posted 03 December 2007 - 03:26 PM

As much as I hate Chivas, this quote, if accurate, warms the heart a little:

By comparison, ownership groups like AEG, Chivas and Red Bull want to increase the cap to attract more talented players to MLS. They keep getting voted down.

Maybe KKH (Kraft, Kroenke, Hunts) are cheap bastards but at least it seems that someone realizes you have to spend (at least a little more) money to make money. Like most, I don't want to see this turn into another NASL supernova. But a modest cap rise could do wonders for the overall talent level.

Let's hope the newest additions like Mr Wolff in SJ and Roth in Seattle see the bigger picture and can swing the vote in favor of a more appropriate cap.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users