91 replies to this topic

ivo

ivo

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,363 posts
  • Supports:NYRB, Real Madrid

Thank you Grelladinho for shedding light on a phrase that the entire world has used for generations and has been undisputed until now. 

It was a fun back and forth, but the actual question is one of timing and finances, i.e. is BWP completely done at the MLS level right now, and what is the salary where both he and a team are happy to run it back?

I think if/when completely injury free and with better attacking support, he can still score 15+ in 2020, but also understand if other disagree on the evidence of 2019.

I'd be happy to have BWP back as at say 300k and would guess he'd overperform that contract, but maybe he isn't willing to play at that price point or the team didn't think he was worth anything at all (haven't seen any details about negotiations), or even that he'd be holding back White/Barlow from developing further.

thoward18

thoward18

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,490 posts
  • Supports:Metro

It was a fun back and forth, but the actual question is one of timing and finances, i.e. is BWP completely done at the MLS level right now, and what is the salary where both he and a team are happy to run it back?

I think if/when completely injury free and with better attacking support, he can still score 15+ in 2020, but also understand if other disagree on the evidence of 2019.

I'd be happy to have BWP back as at say 300k and would guess he'd overperform that contract, but maybe he isn't willing to play at that price point or the team didn't think he was worth anything at all (haven't seen any details about negotiations), or even that he'd be holding back White/Barlow from developing further.

Yeah, sure. If Grelladinho wants to make an argument that Father Time hasn't come for BWP YET then fair enough. That's not what he did. He tried to dispute the metaphor itself and attempted to do so by specifically explaining the entire premise of the metaphor.

But I digress. I imagine it's possible BWP still has something left in the tank. Something important to remember is that RB management see a lot of shit we don't. They've seen him in practice sessions. They have a fuckton of data about his running speed, endurance, etc. 

Sentimentality aside, there are probably a million different strikers in the 23-28 range available around the world who could come in and score a bunch of goals while also providing the pressing ability the team wants. If they fail to do so, then their fuckup was failing to do so. BWP is really besides the point here. 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users