226 replies to this topic

Indyanapolis

Indyanapolis

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,029 posts
  • Supports:Metro
Owen Goal coming back with a vengeance for the preseason goal title.
Frankly, since I am merely a fan and a not a fancy American soccer writer, I'm going to congratulate Wright-Phillips on a well hit goal. If I was an American soccer writer, I'd claim that the recently retired Henry was wearing an invisibility cloak and carried the ball into the net for the obviously unskilled Wright-Phillips.

If you scan YouTube looking for Bradley Wright-Phillips, youll find numerous goal compilations, a few interviews and, eventually, an excerpt from the grime mixtape series Lord of the Mics.

Indyanapolis

Indyanapolis

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,029 posts

Nice Olympico (maybe deflected?) by Kaku.

Definitely deflected off a defender and then obviously the GK. Could argue that it was on target all along which would make it his goal rather than an own goal.
Frankly, since I am merely a fan and a not a fancy American soccer writer, I'm going to congratulate Wright-Phillips on a well hit goal. If I was an American soccer writer, I'd claim that the recently retired Henry was wearing an invisibility cloak and carried the ball into the net for the obviously unskilled Wright-Phillips.

If you scan YouTube looking for Bradley Wright-Phillips, youll find numerous goal compilations, a few interviews and, eventually, an excerpt from the grime mixtape series Lord of the Mics.

Komba

Komba

Dir. of Football Operations

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,508 posts
Ok... Got to watch a good 10 mins but I'm still gonna go back and watch the entire first half.

We are playing a 4-2-2-2. Royer and Jorg up top which I like. What I've noticed is that the two advanced midfielders are playing much more wide initially and I don't feel like I remember it looking like this before. Kaku and Valot are those two guys in this game and they are definitely outside of Royer and Jorg at least defensively when we are prepping to press. The line of confrontation that we are using is basically the 30 yard line. Everyone hangs back until that point.

One thing I will say is that we look pretty good. And outside of maybe Jorg and definitely Sims, this is our starting lineup

magicmoron

magicmoron

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,681 posts
  • Supports:RBNY, US, Russia

Sims in for Kaku.

hoofit

hoofit

Reserve Team

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 276 posts
  • Supports:NYRB

Jorg w/ an impressive miss.  

Excellence Not Expectations

MetroFanatic

MetroFanatic

Choose Metro.

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,858 posts

I guess Seagrist is taking over our tradition of #7 left backs from one Roy Miller...

MetroFanatic.com. Metro Forever.

iced1776

iced1776

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,330 posts
  • Supports:NY Red Bulls, FC Barcelona

I guess Seagrist is taking over our tradition of #7 left backs from one Roy Miller...

He could do worse, Miller wasn't all that bad. Great passer, and had a real heart of gold. Who else would donate a game ball to the fans with his first ever free kick while a playoff game was on the line?

Mibabalou

Mibabalou

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,179 posts
  • Supports:USMNT, MUFC, NYRB, NYRB2
Matty ice good chance miss count - 3

defendyourself

defendyourself

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,167 posts
  • Supports:RBNY, USMNT, Arsenal

Matty ice good chance miss count - 3

he missed some sitters, but watching parts of the match his holdup play looks like it improved a lot during this offseason.  if he ever finds some composure he'll be a really player eventually.  Short-term you would think White has to start over him, but Armas may be playing the long game and want to give Jorgy as run of games.

GMoney

GMoney

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,118 posts
  • Supports:New York Red Bulls

He could do worse, Miller wasn't all that bad. Great passer, and had a real heart of gold. Who else would donate a game ball to the fans with his first ever free kick while a playoff game was on the line?

One of the best lines in MF history right there.

The New York Red Bulls previously kicked around Major League Soccer as the MetroStars with limited success. But after transforming under a new banner in 2005, the Red Bulls have become a force to be reckoned with in the Eastern Conference. The club has made leaps of progress since its previous incarnation and now has its focus on bringing the league title to New York. Grab your New York Red Bulls soccer jersey and other gear here at MLSGear.com.

Eleazar

Eleazar

One who helps God

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 20,910 posts
  • Interests:Metro, the USMNT and Boston College Athletics
  • Supports:METRO

Jorgen$en's prob is that he needs a shit ton of looks to get his goal(s). I like White better cuz he doesn't need as many SOG to score. But it looks like they're gonna give Jorg the starts.

RIP Guillermo Romulo, Alexander Francis Orig and Celenio Eleazar.

RIP Cesar Castello, Mike Vallo, Glenn Stampiglia, Bob Paquette, and Warren Lee

"Team That I Dream Of" and "Faithful To The Colors" 

Komba

Komba

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,508 posts
I really don't know how Jorg blew the one chance. Now getting these chances aren't easy. He has elite speed and makes good choices. Just doesn't seem to have the right mentality right now because he has to figure it out.

Seagrist was really good.

And overall I thought we looked really good.

Couldn't tell who gave up the goal, was it Davis? He basically took a really easy ball to handle and gave it right to the other team.

Metrohoboken

Metrohoboken

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,434 posts

Jorgen$en's prob is that he needs a shit ton of looks to get his goal(s). I like White better cuz he doesn't need as many SOG to score. But it looks like they're gonna give Jorg the starts.

can we transplant White brain into J$ ? 

maybe J$ is trying to hard. 

Bradley Wright-Phillips "I prefer it at Red Bull Arena, but it was OK. I could imagine it being good for a baseball crowd.

Eleazar

Eleazar

One who helps God

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 20,910 posts
  • Interests:Metro, the USMNT and Boston College Athletics
  • Supports:METRO

it was just odd how we'd see some decent passing, good runs, then the cross to MoneyMan...out for a goal kick. 

"ay...ay...it's gotta be bettuh"

-MP

RIP Guillermo Romulo, Alexander Francis Orig and Celenio Eleazar.

RIP Cesar Castello, Mike Vallo, Glenn Stampiglia, Bob Paquette, and Warren Lee

"Team That I Dream Of" and "Faithful To The Colors" 

robs0650

robs0650

Reserve Team

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 232 posts
  • Supports:Red Bulls, Red Bulls II, Manu

I really don't know how Jorg blew the one chance. Now getting these chances aren't easy. He has elite speed and makes good choices. Just doesn't seem to have the right mentality right now because he has to figure it out.

Seagrist was really good.

And overall I thought we looked really good.

Couldn't tell who gave up the goal, was it Davis? He basically took a really easy ball to handle and gave it right to the other team.

I read somewhere that it was Valot

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users