413 replies to this topic

Thomas A Fina

Thomas A Fina

Dir. of Football Operations

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,161 posts
  • Supports:USMNT, Metro, NotRedBull

Yes. He has 4 goals in the last 3 seasons.

A PERFECT FIT!!!!!

MiLo4891

MiLo4891

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,710 posts
  • Interests:Football.. Blah blah blah

Yes. He has 4 goals in the last 3 seasons.

that's more than most of the Metro roster lol
I just want Metro to win a title sometime in my lifetime.

MiLo4891

MiLo4891

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,710 posts
Lee Young-jun.. Kid is 6'3 and finishes better than anyone on the way Metro's roster..... https://youtu.be/OlydtM7db3Q check out this goal from yesterday's match, it's right at the beginning of the video.

I love watching under 20s World Cup... And honestly some players never continue to get better and plateu.. But I feel like you can find cheap talent that would be great to add to your roster by watching under 20s...

Efried

Efried

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,001 posts
  • Supports:Metro
Wonder if Juan Pablo kid would be an option for MLS

jjtbone

jjtbone

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 654 posts
  • Supports:RBNY Player Hatah!

Lee Young-jun.. Kid is 6'3 and finishes better than anyone on the way Metro's roster..... https://youtu.be/OlydtM7db3Q check out this goal from yesterday's match, it's right at the beginning of the video.

I love watching under 20s World Cup... And honestly some players never continue to get better and plateu.. But I feel like you can find cheap talent that would be great to add to your roster by watching under 20s...

All of the ROK goals were pretty nice.  The penalty looked a little weak and the last Ecuador goal was a real bad bounce.  

MiLo4891

MiLo4891

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,710 posts
Idk if it's Young-jun Lee or Lee Young-jun but the front office need to send someone straight to Argentina and sign this kid trade Barlow and Burke and cash for his contract!

bkizoulis

bkizoulis

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 932 posts

Arango returning to MLS with real salt lake. I wanted us to trade for him so bad over the offseason. Good age and great production in MLS.

Paul Nasta

Paul Nasta

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,069 posts
  • Supports:Old Boys, SBU, RBNY, USMNT

Mikhail Antonio.  He's still got a year left on  his contract at West Ham, but maybe they could be persuaded to release him without a fee. I don't watch much West Ham, but the last time I saw them he was not starting.  He's pretty old but works his *ss off and would be a productive player in MLS for another couple of years.    This is how we get him here.  He plays for Jamaica.  It's a pain to travel from England every time Jamaica plays in CONCACAF.  Playing in NJ makes playing internationally for Jamaica a lot easier.  I got the sense that he wasn't all in with Jamaica during qualifying for Qatar, but he could be fully committed to the Reggae Boyz if he was playing here.   And with the World Cup expanding to 48 teams, and with MEX, USA  and CAN getting in automatically, Jamaica's got a really good shot at qualifying.  It will be his one and only realistic shot at playing in the World Cup.  Give him a 3 1/2 year deal, through the '26 WC; at his age, no one else would give him a contract that long.   He could play as a wing, or a striker, or pretty much anywhere on the field.  He'd be a 10-15 goal scorer in MLS easily.

Roberto Firmino.  I only mention him because he would fill a need for either a goal scorer or a creator, and some guy on the radio this morning said he was heading either to Saudi Arabia or MLS.  Free transfer.  I haven't seen him play in a while, but his pedigree suggests that he would immediately become our best player.  He also seems like a good guy.

Roofles

Roofles

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 668 posts
  • Interests:belligerent love that Red Bulls fans threw his way, in that particularly entitled, disrespectful, yet somehow fiercely loyal manner New York sports fans specialize in.

Mikhail Antonio.  He's still got a year left on  his contract at West Ham, but maybe they could be persuaded to release him without a fee. I don't watch much West Ham, but the last time I saw them he was not starting.  He's pretty old but works his *ss off and would be a productive player in MLS for another couple of years.    This is how we get him here.  He plays for Jamaica.  It's a pain to travel from England every time Jamaica plays in CONCACAF.  Playing in NJ makes playing internationally for Jamaica a lot easier.  I got the sense that he wasn't all in with Jamaica during qualifying for Qatar, but he could be fully committed to the Reggae Boyz if he was playing here.   And with the World Cup expanding to 48 teams, and with MEX, USA  and CAN getting in automatically, Jamaica's got a really good shot at qualifying.  It will be his one and only realistic shot at playing in the World Cup.  Give him a 3 1/2 year deal, through the '26 WC; at his age, no one else would give him a contract that long.   He could play as a wing, or a striker, or pretty much anywhere on the field.  He'd be a 10-15 goal scorer in MLS easily.

Roberto Firmino.  I only mention him because he would fill a need for either a goal scorer or a creator, and some guy on the radio this morning said he was heading either to Saudi Arabia or MLS.  Free transfer.  I haven't seen him play in a while, but his pedigree suggests that he would immediately become our best player.  He also seems like a good guy.

Michail was so much fun to watch in 2012-13. Never understood why SWFC let him go.

Metrohoboken

Metrohoboken

Dir. of Football Operations

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,581 posts

They should bring him in and pander to the Brazilian/Portgugese crowd.

Bradley Wright-Phillips "I prefer it at Red Bull Arena, but it was OK. I could imagine it being good for a baseball crowd.

bkizoulis

bkizoulis

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 932 posts

They should bring him in and pander to the Brazilian/Portgugese crowd.

I would love to get firmino and Lucas moura then try to sell Vanzier to unload a DP spot. Both Brazilians would boost the attack plus would help bring people to the stadium. Dante Vanzeir not the type of striker that could play all alone up top. Firmino is obviously better in talent but would fit perfectly  in our system. Imagine an attack of Morgan-luqinhas-moura with firmino up top. BUTTTTT we know Austria won't support that dream when we have Barlow, burke, Manoel (3 stooges).

MiLo4891

MiLo4891

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,710 posts
Lucas Moura would be a great addition. He had a high defensive work rate. And with the ball very precise.. Has ability to make the final pass or score....

MiLo4891

MiLo4891

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,710 posts
I am Colombian so I'm going to say Falcao and James.... I have always rooted for them and hoped they succeeded wherever they went because for a while the National team went as they went.... So selfishly I would love that they play for the side I follow win or lose...

Falcao still can finish, he would be a good mentor if they acquire a stud from the U20 world cup and James is very creative with the ball at his feet... Something Metro lack

67% Class

67% Class

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,748 posts
  • Supports:Metro

Maybe its the USMNT altidore jersey i'm wearing today, but I'd go for this:

Revolution exercising buyout on veteran forward Jozy Altidore: Sources - The Athletic

Maybe not the pressing forward we need, but I like happy hollywood ending to players careers. 

jjtbone

jjtbone

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 654 posts
  • Supports:RBNY Player Hatah!

Maybe its the USMNT altidore jersey i'm wearing today, but I'd go for this:

Revolution exercising buyout on veteran forward Jozy Altidore: Sources - The Athletic

Maybe not the pressing forward we need, but I like happy hollywood ending to players careers. 

There is no happy ending for Jozy at RBNY (although maybe in Newark near the train station).  That guy sucks.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users