27 replies to this topic

hurricane1091

hurricane1091

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,670 posts
  • Supports:RBNY, USMNT

When people used to come to USA, they were grateful and honored to become American. Now they are just leaving their tire fire country and trying to mooch of the back of once a proud country. Not everyone is like that obviously, but there's been a shift in mentality for sure. Of course, how many of these people even came over the proper way? I love talking to those who come from abroad and just totally adapt to being American and are all about it, it's great. I do not expect people to abandon their national team, just have a love for both.

ivo

ivo

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,369 posts
  • Supports:NYRB, Real Madrid

When people used to come to USA, they were grateful and honored to become American. Now they are just leaving their tire fire country and trying to mooch of the back of once a proud country. Not everyone is like that obviously, but there's been a shift in mentality for sure. Of course, how many of these people even came over the proper way? I love talking to those who come from abroad and just totally adapt to being American and are all about it, it's great. I do not expect people to abandon their national team, just have a love for both.

Such BS generalisation

hurricane1091

hurricane1091

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,670 posts

Such BS generalisation

Your mileage may vary I guess.

Captain Koolaid

Captain Koolaid

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,517 posts
  • Supports:Metro, USMNT, Ecuador
Sigh. Some of you need to jerk off to gangs of New York and not worry about what team somebody supports. Because if I move to Mexico there is no way Im rooting for them. Whatever happened to Banter among rivals especially in our region? I read somewhere "well they can root for their own country just that I dont like them celebrating and cheering in front onf our faces. Also they showed us there middle finger." When did we get soft? Worry about who you support. Take the lost and move on.

LONG LIVE METRO

rhactl7

rhactl7

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,066 posts
  • Supports:Red Bull Out

Sigh. Some of you need to jerk off to gangs of New York and not worry about what team somebody supports. Because if I move to Mexico there is no way Im rooting for them. Whatever happened to Banter among rivals especially in our region? I read somewhere "well they can root for their own country just that I dont like them celebrating and cheering in front onf our faces. Also they showed us there middle finger." When did we get soft? Worry about who you support. Take the lost and move on.

I agree. I find no problem in trash talking, giving the finger, ect. Its soccer, its banter. But if you go to the game and say "fuck Costa Rica" or give the finger to Mexico fans, people will probably call you a racist / xenophobic. 

Captain Koolaid

Captain Koolaid

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,517 posts
  • Supports:Metro, USMNT, Ecuador

I agree. I find no problem in trash talking, giving the finger, ect. Its soccer, its banter. But if you go to the game and say "fuck Costa Rica" or give the finger to Mexico fans, people will probably call you a racist / xenophobic. 

I think we can both agree that if people call another person racist/ xenophobic for doing the exact same thing they do then thats just hypocracy. Lol why you worried about what others think? Youre gonna do it anyway? You know youre not that. Youre just returning that banter. Part of the game. Didnt hear shit from Mexican fans 4 years ago when they barely made it and now that we are in similar situation (not really because i can see us winning the remaining two games and Honduras losing the fianl two and easily getting in the WC) all I hear is it was the venues fault and people who live here should support usmnt over their native country or gtfo. Lol i seriosuly cant make this up smh.

LONG LIVE METRO

uptownbull

uptownbull

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,775 posts
  • Supports:METRO! Barca, PR libre

Now they are just leaving their tire fire country and trying to mooch of the back of once a proud country.

Vomit. Heard too much of this ignorant Yankee MAGA bro bullshit at, and after, the game. If that's the real USMNT fanbase they ain't my tribe.

Also, the USA dumped many tires and lit the fires (see: Harvest of Empire, Open veins of Latin America, the shock doctrine, confessions of an economic hitman, war is a racket). But fuck history and complexity, amirite?

RED. BULL. OUT. 

#SaveTheMetro

JBigjake54

JBigjake54

Amicus Curiae

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 24,313 posts
  • Supports:MetroStars

When people used to come to USA, they were grateful and honored to become American.

There are many reasons why people came, or wound up, here. Let's just say that you are overstating your position.

We are good enough to beat the best teams, and bad enough to lose to the worst teams. 

JBigjake54

JBigjake54

Amicus Curiae

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 24,313 posts

Vomit. Heard too much of this ignorant Yankee MAGA bro bullshit at, and after, the game. If that's the real USMNT fanbase they ain't my tribe.
Also, the USA dumped many tires and lit the fires (see: Harvest of Empire, Open veins of Latin America, the shock doctrine, confessions of an economic hitman, war is a racket). But fuck history and complexity, amirite?

Puerile response. As bad as the OP.

We are good enough to beat the best teams, and bad enough to lose to the worst teams. 

uptownbull

uptownbull

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,775 posts
  • Supports:METRO! Barca, PR libre
You're right. I'll put my 5 citations in APA format next time.

Nice false equivalence. The actual reality is that reactionary nativist racism is far worse than a vulgar internet clapback. Racists feelings don't need to be protected.

So police someone else's tone.

RED. BULL. OUT. 

#SaveTheMetro

hurricane1091

hurricane1091

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,670 posts

My post had nothing to do with why people left wherever they came from. I welcome everyone to the United States that wants to be American. Hell, there are plenty of people immigrating here daily that are more American than the ANTIFA misguided youth in this country, who think it is OK to disrespect our flags, history, and constitution. 

gravediGGer

gravediGGer

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,418 posts
  • Supports:METRO

America First.

America, fuck yeah! 

:ph34r:

Sometimes I think the entire Red Bull existence has been some 19 year old kids football manager save file he only plays when he comes home drunk. - 'Mibabalou'

#FUCKredbull

KDyer1012

KDyer1012

Well, he's no Michael Lewis...

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,971 posts
  • Supports:One of those bogus Euro or S.A. teams

Yes and no. Places like 'Little Italy' and 'Chinatown' sprung up from immigrant populations not only needing a connection to the homeland but as a pathway of assimilation to greater society and culture (whatever that meant then and means today). Many of those who came over were Italians living in America or Irish living in America. It took time for them to embrace the identity of being American.

That's what is going on here and now with the recent wave of immigration from Latin America and southeast Asia in the recent two decades. Culture and assimilation (for lack of a better term) remains stunted for the first, incoming generation. But second and third generation embrace things like language, culture and identity that is typically associated with America.

It has always been this way.

Keep in mind that in the 1930s, tens of thousands of Germans marched in pro-Nazi rallies or attended huge events like the one here in this area at MSG. Granted, Nazi atrocities might not have been as well known, pre-Nuremberg, but it still reeks of a connection far stronger than several thousand Ticos singing 'Ole' in the stadium of their adopted homeland.

So no, this isn't a new sensation, nor should it be.

If circumstances transferred us to Mexico or Costa Rica or Kazakhstan (nice!), I'm willing to bet that any of the born and bred Americans on this message board or anywhere would passionately cheer for the USMNT if they came to Azteca or Estadio Nacional de Costa Rica or Astana Arena.

What I don't like is jeering or booing during the national anthem, but that goes for any country in any circumstance. I also was surprised at the response of some Costa Rican fans when American supporters jeered players on their bench. I saw one fan flat out go running, tripping over seats to get in the face of that American fan.

Perhaps he failed to read this: https://ussoccerplay...f-saprissa.html

JBigjake54

JBigjake54

Amicus Curiae

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 24,313 posts

Nice false equivalence. The actual reality is that reactionary nativist racism is far worse than a vulgar internet clapback. Racists feelings don't need to be protected. So police someone else's tone.

No wonder this split wound up in the Pointless subforum.
More internet keyboard warrior bullshit. Grow up.

irishapple21

irishapple21

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,911 posts
It's probably because the USMNT stink for the most part. If the USMNT was better than Brazil, then little Brazilian kids would be wearing USA shirts, but that's not the case, so little American kids wear Brazil shirts. Everybody loves a winner.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users