• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,819 posts
  • Interests:My master's bidding
  • Supports:Sauron

http://www.mlsplayer...n - By Club.pdf

Sene 152,145.00 / 163,682.54

Perrinelle 100,008.00 / 100,008.00

Is there any in this rout with authority to treat with me? Or indeed with wit to understand me?

Komba

Komba

Dir. of Football Operations

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,517 posts

Seeing that list is just a reminder of how much dead weight we have.

Convey, Eckersley, Kimura(even though he's a good guy for locker room) Sene, Armando.  Not one of those guys are even in consideration to be starters on a decent team.  And the sad part is that nearly all of them were added in the last year.

Special thanks to Oyongo, Peguy, and Sam who I consider bargains. 

matador

matador

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,594 posts
  • Supports:metro, USMNT

Yeah, most contracts are actually decent besides the few pine-riders that really stick out.

Convey, Eckersley, Kimura, Sekegaya, arguably Armando and Perrinelle all getting overpaid.  

Convey Eck Kimura Sekegaya and one of Perrinelle/Armando should all go during the offseason.  Combine that with Henry leaving and there's a lot of room to work with/rope for the team to hang itself with.  Convey/Eck/Kimura/Armando are like free money since they never play but we have serious holes at CB, FWD and in the middle of the park.

Joe x Joe

Joe x Joe

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,130 posts
  • Supports:New York Red Bulls

It's annoying that Petke didn't want to keep Holgerrson around but waste over 200k on Perrinelle and Armando.

Mouth of Sauron

Mouth of Sauron

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,819 posts

Ignoring allocation considerations, half-season contracts, etc.

Convey: 137,500

Eckersley: 255,000

Kimura: 105,000 

Armando: 120,000

Perrinelle: 100,008

Sene: 152,145

Total waste: 869,653.

A quarter of our cap space is wasted on crap. Nose jobs and garbage.

- Sam remains the league's best bargain.

- Getting rid of Holgersson was a personal decision and I don't believe for a second it was based on salary. Petke thought he was weak.

- We are so, so lucky we have Oyongo.

Is there any in this rout with authority to treat with me? Or indeed with wit to understand me?

RedBullScouse

RedBullScouse

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 19,781 posts
  • Supports:Irresistable Mermaids/Liverpool/RU

It's annoying that Petke didn't want to keep Holgerrson around but waste over 200k on Perrinelle and Armando.

Holgersson wanted DP money (putting aside his personality conflict with Petke), and I am guessing Roxy didn't lead him to believe that Armando would be a waste.  Or Ecks.  Or Convey.    Petke doesn't do the scouting.

"Everybody has a plan until they get punched in the mouth." - Iron Mike

Bitch covered my plaid?
The sorrow inside me grows.
I need my plaid pitch.

"It goes without saying that when things don't go your way they just don't go your way. " - JCO

"He can't kick with his left foot, he can't tackle, he can't head the ball and he doesn't score many goals. Apart from that, he's all right.”
George Best, on David Beckham

soccerdad

soccerdad

Reserve Team

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 237 posts
  • Supports:metro

Seeing that list is just a reminder of how much dead weight we have.

Convey, Eckersley, Kimura(even though he's a good guy for locker room) Sene, Armando.  Not one of those guys are even in consideration to be starters on a decent team.  And the sad part is that nearly all of them were added in the last year.

Special thanks to Oyongo, Peguy, and Sam who I consider bargains. 

Robles a bargain too, maybe the biggest.  $100k/125k for possibly the team MVP.

Mouth of Sauron

Mouth of Sauron

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,819 posts

Holgersson wanted DP money

No he didn't. He wanted 220-250k.

onionsack

onionsack

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,765 posts
  • Supports:New York Cosmos

David Villa = $60,000.00

What?

RED BULL OUT!!! - True Soccer fans in NY since 2006

Mouth of Sauron

Mouth of Sauron

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,819 posts

Holgersson wanted DP money

As Roxburgh indicated, money was the central issue. Holgersson was set to make $250k in the final year of his guaranteed contract. That would put the Red Bulls in a tight spot at season’s end with three well-paid, starting caliber centerbacks on the team — including Ibrahim Sekagya, 33, who brings with him a championship pedigree and the veteran presence New York sought for most of the 2013 season.

http://www.empireofs...contract-22319/

Joe x Joe

Joe x Joe

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,130 posts
  • Supports:New York Red Bulls

Holgersson wanted DP money (putting aside his personality conflict with Petke), and I am guessing Roxy didn't lead him to believe that Armando would be a waste.  Or Ecks.  Or Convey.    Petke doesn't do the scouting.

Right. Had nothing to do with the multiple reports that Petke thought he was soft. He had 1 year left on his contract, he did not want DP money.

iced1776

iced1776

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,335 posts
  • Supports:NY Red Bulls, FC Barcelona

David Villa = $60,000.00

What?

I'm still waiting for somebody to confirm that this is a typo.  I know these MLSPU numbers are only a ballpark, but c'mon...

onionsack

onionsack

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,765 posts
  • Supports:New York Cosmos

Domminic Oduro = $250,000.00

Huh?

RED BULL OUT!!! - True Soccer fans in NY since 2006

Mouth of Sauron

Mouth of Sauron

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,819 posts

Right. Had nothing to do with the multiple reports that Petke thought he was soft. He had 1 year left on his contract, he did not want DP money.

Nevertheless, sources close to Holgersson say he was shocked the team would try to “force him out” of his guaranteed deal at seasons end. The Swedish defender wanted to finish out his time in New York — especially after overcoming so much adversity in the 2013 season to earn his keep. His self-described “finesse” style of play from the centerback position put him at odds with rookie coach Mike Petke who sought a more physical, intimidation-centric style from the heart of his defense. Holgersson adjusted and fought to earn his starting position back, eventually playing the perfect foil to the truck-like defending of Jamison Olave.

“That is the kind of player Markus is,” one sourse said. “Resilient. All class.”

He not only took hold of the starting spot, but managed to adjust his playing style to the liking of Petke in doing so. When called upon, Holgersson, 28, even reverted to his once-natural fullback position when wing-defense options ran thin.

His nimble play and team-first attitude earned him respect in the locker room.

“Even if he wasn’t American, we considered him to be part of our ‘American” core,” one former teammate said.

Petke didn't like Holgersson. Anything else is bad spin.

RedBullScouse

RedBullScouse

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 19,781 posts
  • Supports:Irresistable Mermaids/Liverpool/RU

He wanted DP money, but was willing to settle for $250.  :D  

"Everybody has a plan until they get punched in the mouth." - Iron Mike

Bitch covered my plaid?
The sorrow inside me grows.
I need my plaid pitch.

"It goes without saying that when things don't go your way they just don't go your way. " - JCO

"He can't kick with his left foot, he can't tackle, he can't head the ball and he doesn't score many goals. Apart from that, he's all right.”
George Best, on David Beckham

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users