Mouth of Sauron

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,819 posts
  • Interests:My master's bidding
  • Supports:Sauron

http://www.bigapples...rticle_id=38743

In January, this website first reported that Ibarra was linked to the Red Bulls as a possible trialist for training camp in Florida. But according to the source, the Red Bulls “were interested in bringing him in but Minnesota asked for an unreasonable transfer fee for a player of his experience.”

BigAppleSoccer.com has learned that the Red Bulls have a current discovery claim on Ibarra. This leaves the possibility open that Ibarra could be a member of the team moving forward to the 2015 Major League Soccer season.

Rumor that Orlando is very interested in him as well.

http://www.orlandose...barra-post.html

Orlando City has its sights set on Minnesota United midfielder Miguel Ibarra, the NASL star who is reportedly getting called up by U.S. men's national team coach Jurgen Klinsmann, according to a source with knowledge of the Lions' targets.

Orlando City holds the top spot in the USL PRO/NASL player priority ranking 

Of course, now we're wading in the MLS bullshit zone of mystery drafts, shady allocation orders, and discovery claims with an undetermined time-sensitivity.

Is there any in this rout with authority to treat with me? Or indeed with wit to understand me?

Komba

Komba

Dir. of Football Operations

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,517 posts

I have very little hope in getting any player who is wanted by another team.  Whether it be lack of aggression or whatever on our part.

iced1776

iced1776

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,335 posts
  • Supports:NY Red Bulls, FC Barcelona

I wonder if we'll actually get anything in exchange for the discovery claim this time.

Rooney22

Rooney22

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,999 posts
  • Supports:The Mighty Fucking Metro

How long does said discovery claim last? Is it just for the season or "forever"

hurricane1091

hurricane1091

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,670 posts
  • Supports:RBNY, USMNT

What is a discovery claim and how does it work? Been meaning to ask for the last two years. Sounds like we need this kid on our team. Know nothing about him but USMNT call up and a midfielder...?

Jeremy Thunder

Jeremy Thunder

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,217 posts
  • Supports:Metro

What is a discovery claim and how does it work? Been meaning to ask for the last two years. Sounds like we need this kid on our team. Know nothing about him but USMNT call up and a midfielder...?

1386520431933.jpg

__    __   ______Spirit_of_96 __ __     _____    
 /_/\  /\_\ /\_____\/\_______)\/_/\__/\  ) ___ (   
 ) ) \/ ( (( (_____/\(___  __\/) ) ) ) )/ /\_/\ \  
/_/ \  / \_\\ \__\    / / /   /_/ /_/_// /_/ (_\ \ 
\ \ \\// / // /__/_  ( ( (    \ \ \ \ \\ \ )_/ / / 
 )_) )( (_(( (_____\  \ \ \    )_) ) \ \\ \/_\/ /  
 \_\/  \/_/ \/_____/  /_/_/    \_\/ \_\/ )_____(   
                   Red Bull Out                                 

RandomHero

RandomHero

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,691 posts
  • Supports:RBNY, USMNT, Roma & ManU

It should be to Petke asked on seeing red if he is intrested in him.

Mouth of Sauron

Mouth of Sauron

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,819 posts
  • Interests:My master's bidding
  • Supports:Sauron

It should be to Petke asked on seeing red if he is intrested in him.

I don't think he can comment on stuff like that.

Is there any in this rout with authority to treat with me? Or indeed with wit to understand me?

Rooney22

Rooney22

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,999 posts
  • Supports:The Mighty Fucking Metro

I don't think he can comment on stuff like that.

True but Petke is good about commenting with out commenting. 

GMoney

GMoney

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,118 posts
  • Supports:New York Red Bulls

Let's see if he gets minutes with the Nats now that he's been called up.  And if so, his stock will go through the roof.

The New York Red Bulls previously kicked around Major League Soccer as the MetroStars with limited success. But after transforming under a new banner in 2005, the Red Bulls have become a force to be reckoned with in the Eastern Conference. The club has made leaps of progress since its previous incarnation and now has its focus on bringing the league title to New York. Grab your New York Red Bulls soccer jersey and other gear here at MLSGear.com.

MadisonMetro

MadisonMetro

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 526 posts

Let's see if he gets minutes with the Nats now that he's been called up.  And if so, his stock will go through the roof.

Even with just the callup, there's no way he plays in NASL next season.  Selling him would basically fund Minnesota for a full season.

If he does play, and MLS wants him, does he go through the national team player allocation?  I'm sure no one can actually answer that, but I'm curious.

elf

elf

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,308 posts
  • Supports:Metrostars

he would have to go through the nat team allocation process. the real question is who use their spot on him.

pooperscooper

pooperscooper

Reserve Team

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 249 posts
  • Supports:Metro, USA, Arsenal

has anybody watched him at all this year? is he more than hype?

11Redknapp15

11Redknapp15

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,717 posts
  • Supports:Metro Liverpool Lokomotiv Sounders

has anybody watched him at all this year? is he more than hype?

I'm a sucker for the NASL, the quality isn't as bad as it's been made out to be.

Ibarra is lucky to play on a very solid team that can pass well and utilize his speed. He has great pace, nice vision and isn't scared to have a go on net. In Metro terms, he seems like a less frustrating Dane Richards, both on the field and when out in the pub running game on your girlfriend(s).

Metrostars FC -- "The hardest FC in the world"
Метро Красное Общество Звезды

If only all footballers were like David Bentley

GMoney

GMoney

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,118 posts
  • Supports:New York Red Bulls

I'm a sucker for the NASL, the quality isn't as bad as it's been made out to be.

Ibarra is lucky to play on a very solid team that can pass well and utilize his speed. He has great pace, nice vision and isn't scared to have a go on net. In Metro terms, he seems like a less frustrating Dane Richards, both on the field and when out in the pub running game on your girlfriend(s).

Awesome post!

The New York Red Bulls previously kicked around Major League Soccer as the MetroStars with limited success. But after transforming under a new banner in 2005, the Red Bulls have become a force to be reckoned with in the Eastern Conference. The club has made leaps of progress since its previous incarnation and now has its focus on bringing the league title to New York. Grab your New York Red Bulls soccer jersey and other gear here at MLSGear.com.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users