2) Hyper-Enthusiasm
    3) Delusional Misbelief
    4) Cognizant Sarcasm
    5) Ambivalent Apathy
    ::: Greenwood FC :::
    --------------------
  • Supports:Pints of Jamesons

Posted 08 February 2010 - 02:07 PM

It doesn't seem like the FIRE SUNIL GULATI! campaign has gotten enough traction yet.
Nobody ever went broke underestimating the intelligence of the American public.
-H. L. Mencken
----------------------
The Dunning–Kruger effect is a cognitive bias in which "unskilled people reach erroneous conclusions and make unfortunate choices but their incompetence robs them of the metacognitive ability to realize it." The unskilled therefore suffer from illusory superiority, rating their own ability as above average.

#47 thesign777

thesign777

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,078 posts
  • Supports:Galaxy, Lakers, Angels, Ducks, Sol

Posted 08 February 2010 - 02:11 PM

It doesn't seem like the FIRE SUNIL GULATI! campaign has gotten enough traction yet.

Well, we've got 4 years to plan it out better.
Let's go Lakers! Let's go Angels! Let's go Ducks! Let's go Galaxy! Let's go Sol!

#48 galaxyfan03

galaxyfan03

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,005 posts
  • Interests:Soccer, NCAA football (GO, BLUE), Asian Culture. Korean dramas, movies, music, politics.
  • Supports:LA Galaxy, USA, Colombia

Posted 08 February 2010 - 09:51 PM

Wonderful...another four years of same ol' inconsistency, with brief episodes of greatness <_< :rolleyes:

L.A. Galaxy - 4-Time & Back-to-Back MLS Cup Champions!!

Brady Hoke - returning U-M to glory...Go, Blue!

USA Soccer - Don't Tread On Us!

Colombia - returning to the World Cup after 16-year hiatus!

#49 Eric B

Eric B

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,061 posts
  • Supports:Los Angeles Galaxy

Posted 09 February 2010 - 05:31 PM

I guess he hasn't pissed off the youth/ethnic axis enough to get anyone to run against him, which might be a knock on him actually. He did get the entire executive committee to vote for the D2 league this year despite half of them representing constituancies that would benefit from less pro soccer in this country, not more, so Sunil might have some sort of administrative mojo...

#50 ESCO

ESCO

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,064 posts
  • Supports:LAG | LFC

Posted 17 February 2010 - 02:27 PM

There goes our chance

Guus Hiddink has turned down the chance to return to club management and has agreed a two-year deal to become the new coach of Turkey when his current deal with Russia expires this summer.

Link

#51 galaxyfan03

galaxyfan03

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,005 posts
  • Interests:Soccer, NCAA football (GO, BLUE), Asian Culture. Korean dramas, movies, music, politics.

Posted 17 February 2010 - 03:42 PM

There goes our chance

Link

Wonderful :rolleyes:

I'll be cheering my USMNT on at South Africa 110% but, even if Bozo Bradley & Goofy Gulati had EVERYBODY healthy & 100% in-form, I'd still be very cautious about our chances <_<

We're going to need Landon & Timmy to "stand on their head" IMO ...that's how much belief I have in Bozo's strategy & managerial skills.

And now, the one coach...except for Mourhino, maybe...in the world, who could overhaul our soccer program in the right direction, is gone to Turkey :(

#52 RobertTheBruce

RobertTheBruce

Dir. of Football Operations

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,432 posts
  • Supports:Galaxy dickheads! Arsenal

Posted 17 February 2010 - 04:59 PM

There goes our chance

Link

Didn't want him, anyway.

Like Obi Wan, Bora is our only hope.

#53 Caasi Gohd

Caasi Gohd

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,780 posts
  • Supports:Galaxy, Pachuca

Posted 21 February 2010 - 01:03 AM

Omar off roster vs. El Salvador

Somebody get me Aguirre's number ASAP. It's bad enough that you're squandering Torres, I don't want to see Omar be overlooked by Bob "I love my son" Bradley, too.

#54 josh24601

josh24601

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,330 posts
  • Supports:Galaxy, US, Greece

Posted 21 February 2010 - 01:12 AM

Omar off roster vs. El Salvador

Somebody get me Aguirre's number ASAP. It's bad enough that you're squandering Torres, I don't want to see Omar be overlooked by Bob "I love my son" Bradley, too.

Overlooked for what? The World Cup?

I'm no Bradley fan but I think you're just trolling.

#55 Caasi Gohd

Caasi Gohd

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,780 posts
  • Supports:Galaxy, Pachuca

Posted 21 February 2010 - 01:21 AM

Overlooked for what? The World Cup?

I'm no Bradley fan but I think you're just trolling.

Fucking Goodson is on the roster but not Omar. Fuck that Bob Bradley guy, dude. Seriously.

And I'm still fucking pissed that Bornstein and Sacha are on that roster.

And give me a couple of weeks when Charlie Davies reappears on the roster and I'm going to be pissed that upon recuperation he's not immediately issued a suspension from the USMNT for x amount of time for breaking team curfews.

#56 galaxyfan03

galaxyfan03

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,005 posts

Posted 21 February 2010 - 01:22 AM

Not to make waves but are Goodson & Marshall THAT much better than Omar & Orozco? Meanwhile, Bornstein & Kljestan are kept NO MATTER what :rolleyes: <_<

I know the selection is limited, because of the timing, & I'm not a BB fan but just saying, WTF??

#57 Lsanchez06

Lsanchez06

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,751 posts
  • Supports:USMNT, LA Galaxy, and Chelsea FC

Posted 21 February 2010 - 01:56 AM

Fucking Goodson is on the roster but not Omar. Fuck that Bob Bradley guy, dude. Seriously.

And I'm still fucking pissed that Bornstein and Sacha are on that roster.

And give me a couple of weeks when Charlie Davies reappears on the roster and I'm going to be pissed that upon recuperation he's not immediately issued a suspension from the USMNT for x amount of time for breaking team curfews.

as president of the "I hate Bob Bradley and i want to kick him in the balls" fan club, i approve of this message.

Honestly, Bob needs to stop picking favorites. I hate that motherfucker with a passion. Marshall is not good enough to make it to the world cup bench but something tells me we will see him there. Ugh, fuck that asshole.

And Jesse Marsch? REALLY!?!?!?! what the fuck has he ever coached? let alone give him the assistant job for the NATIONAL TEAM! geezus, i can't believe how this team is being ran, its a fucking joke compared to the rest of the world.

#58 josh24601

josh24601

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,330 posts
  • Supports:Galaxy, US, Greece

Posted 21 February 2010 - 02:01 AM

Meh, if anybody on that roster was going to spend a minute playing in the WC I would be more wound up, besides Bornstein/Ching etc. If Omar gets snubbed after this summer that's a different story.

I mean, so Goodsen plays in a friendly against El Salvador instead of Omar, who cares. It wouldn't even cap tie him anyways. Better to be training with LA getting ready for the season instead of spending the week with Jesse Marsch.

Big picture, it means about as much as Landon Donovan wearing a shirt that happens to have "Timber" on it.

When is opening day?

#59 Lsanchez06

Lsanchez06

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,751 posts
  • Supports:USMNT, LA Galaxy, and Chelsea FC

Posted 21 February 2010 - 02:09 AM

what concerns me is what other central defenders do we have to back up gooch, demerit and boca? this is what these friendlies are supposed to answer. Marshall and Goodson are not the two i want back there in case any of our central defenders go down. thats what the problem is, Bob can't find that. We had possibly one of the best backlines last season and bob refuses to acknowledge that. Marshall, what the fuck did he do last season to earn him defender of the year. if i remember correctly he missed a lot of the season out on injury. Omar stayed healthy and played consistent all season.

I know its a long shot to have Omar in the World Cup squad but Bob won't even give him a chance to play.

#60 ESCO

ESCO

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,064 posts
  • Supports:LAG | LFC

Posted 21 February 2010 - 04:04 AM

Fuck that Bob Bradley guy, dude. Seriously.

No mames guey!

For Omar and that word.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users