McSoccer

Dir. of Football Operations

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,057 posts
  • Supports:New York Red Bulls, Arsenal

https://twitter.com/...128111525859328

matt miazga to cincy?

MLS needs to eliminate allocation order for players like Miazga to allow RBNY first shot at signing him. Im not saying they would, but they couldnt even if they wanted to.

elf

elf

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,324 posts
  • Supports:Metrostars

https://twitter.com/...128111525859328

matt miazga to cincy?

smart move by him. he will need to be dominant on his return to have a look for the WC squad. however, it might be a little too late. 

Arsenal14

Arsenal14

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,794 posts
  • Supports:RBNY, USA, Arsenal

MLS needs to eliminate allocation order for players like Miazga to allow RBNY first shot at signing him. Im not saying they would, but they couldnt even if they wanted to.

We sold him, why should we get the first shot at re-signing him?

The allocation order should go because it's an outdated "competitive balance" concept, but not so teams can retain permanent right of first refusal on their former players.

McSoccer

McSoccer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,057 posts

We sold him, why should we get the first shot at re-signing him?

The allocation order should go because it's an outdated "competitive balance" concept, but not so teams can retain permanent right of first refusal on their former players.

Maybe just for homegrown players.  I agree the allocation order is outdated, as are a lot of MLS rules.  But not being able to bring back a homegrown player that left on good terms and we only sold because he wanted the move, for my money, just makes it seem even more outdates.

Brian.MLS

Brian.MLS

RIP MetroStars

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,478 posts
  • Supports:Metro/NYRBII
I'm just glad we traded away a whole bunch of money to get the top allocation spot to use on a guy on loan for half a year that has barely played and last played for us.
Yeah... the allocation order is a complete joke.
2013, 2015 & 2018 Supporters Shield Winners

@CurseofCaricola

MetroFanatic

MetroFanatic

Choose Metro.

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 20,262 posts
  • Supports:Metro

I'm just glad we traded away a whole bunch of money to get the top allocation spot to use on a guy on loan for half a year that has barely played and last played for us.
Yeah... the allocation order is a complete joke.

Don't worry, how else we would have spent that 675K? Together with the 200K we traded for Nocita? I mean, 875K is chump change in MLS!

MetroFanatic.com. Metro Forever.

The Falcon

The Falcon

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 530 posts
  • Supports:New York Red Bulls

I hope he considers coming back. I hate to say it but I didn't think he had much of a chance of making the Chelsea first team. And loan after loan to different league after different league won't help him in long run. He's still young. He can be just like Long and Zimmerman and be an MLS stalwart CB and def back in the national team mix.

elf

elf

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,324 posts

I hope he considers coming back. I hate to say it but I didn't think he had much of a chance of making the Chelsea first team. And loan after loan to different league after different league won't help him in long run. He's still young. He can be just like Long and Zimmerman and be an MLS stalwart CB and def back in the national team mix.

Ironically, his best chance of getting a look at chelsea is now. Arent they trying to reduce salary?

Eleazar

Eleazar

One who helps God

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,967 posts
  • Interests:Metro, the USMNT and Boston College Athletics
  • Supports:METRO

At least Vitesse won the Dutch Cup while he was there. Cincy will most likely pay him whatever he wants, while we and a few other teams wouldn't. 

RIP Guillermo Romulo, Alexander Francis Orig, Celenio Eleazar, and my Mom, Resurreccion Eleazar.

RIP Cesar Castello, Mike Vallo, Glenn Stampiglia, Bob Paquette, and Warren Lee

RedBullScouse

RedBullScouse

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 19,798 posts
  • Supports:Irresistable Mermaids/Liverpool/RU

Maybe just for homegrown players.  I agree the allocation order is outdated, as are a lot of MLS rules.  But not being able to bring back a homegrown player that left on good terms and we only sold because he wanted the move, for my money, just makes it seem even more outdates.

They should be free agents, and if they dont choose their academy club, that's on the club.

"Everybody has a plan until they get punched in the mouth." - Iron Mike

Bitch covered my plaid?
The sorrow inside me grows.
I need my plaid pitch.

"It goes without saying that when things don't go your way they just don't go your way. " - JCO

"He can't kick with his left foot, he can't tackle, he can't head the ball and he doesn't score many goals. Apart from that, he's all right.”
George Best, on David Beckham

ivo

ivo

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,369 posts
  • Supports:NYRB, Real Madrid

Ironically, his best chance of getting a look at chelsea is now. Arent they trying to reduce salary?

New owners just spent 4+ Bn on the team, I don't think they're worried about spending an extra couple of mil on salary

elf

elf

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,324 posts

New owners just spent 4+ Bn on the team, I don't think they're worried about spending an extra couple of mil on salary

Well, there actions say something else. They are losing a lot of big players.

McSoccer

McSoccer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,057 posts

Well, there actions say something else. They are losing a lot of big players.

Theyre trying to hire away Liverpools transfer guru and talking with Sterling. Lukakus move was performance based, not a money issue.

Arsenal14

Arsenal14

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,794 posts
  • Supports:RBNY, USA, Arsenal

Theyre trying to hire away Liverpools transfer guru and talking with Sterling. Lukakus move was performance based, not a money issue.

They're also out Rudiger and Christensen and likely to lose Jorginho and Azpilicueta. Plus Lukaku, that's like 4.5 starters.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users