242 replies to this topic

Arsenal14

Arsenal14

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,068 posts
  • Supports:RBNY, USA, Arsenal

Shaenon Williams is out there today on a free transfer.

Hes American, experienced and annoying to play against. I would definitely consider picking him up as a depth option at right back.

He'd end up starting 20 games, and I'd be absolutely fine with that.

Some questionable domestic violence issues out there though.

GMoney

GMoney

Dir. of Football Operations

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,390 posts
  • Supports:New York Red Bulls

He'd end up starting 20 games, and I'd be absolutely fine with that.

Some questionable domestic violence issues out there though.

I havent been around because I moved to the Philly area for work for about 5 years. I recently moved back. I was friends with a bunch of SOB guys who were really nice. The rumor.....and I say rumor.....amongst all of those supporters that they widely held true was......Jac Mac apparently nailed Williams wife. That led to big, big problems down there. At that time Mac was a much bigger prospect and they shipped Williams out of town by trading him in order to solve the problem.

Shades of a USNT problem.....

The New York Red Bulls previously kicked around Major League Soccer as the MetroStars with limited success. But after transforming under a new banner in 2005, the Red Bulls have become a force to be reckoned with in the Eastern Conference. The club has made leaps of progress since its previous incarnation and now has its focus on bringing the league title to New York. Grab your New York Red Bulls soccer jersey and other gear here at MLSGear.com.

iced1776

iced1776

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,168 posts
  • Supports:NY Red Bulls, FC Barcelona

The revenue of this franchise just isn't there. When the team can consistently get 20K for midweek games and sell out weekend games then my view will change. Until then, the strings are going to be tight with the rare exception of a Kaku or Henry.

Milo's cheat codes aside, you don't need to be selling out that many games to be a little more ambitious than the Red Bulls have the last few years. Teams like Toronto, Orlando, NYCFC, and Chicago aren't doing too noticeably better in attendance but are spending 2x-3x more on wages, with some transfer fees sprinkled in there as well.

Eleazar

Eleazar

One who helps God

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 18,309 posts
  • Interests:Metro, the USMNT and Boston College Athletics
  • Supports:METRO

Hamlett was willing to splash more $$$ for Pussetto plus more for another "splash" player.

RIP Guillermo Romulo, Alexander Francis Orig and Celenio Eleazar.

RIP Cesar Castello and Mike Vallo

"Metro..."

JayDelight729

JayDelight729

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 16,738 posts
  • Supports:Metro

Milo's cheat codes aside, you don't need to be selling out that many games to be a little more ambitious than the Red Bulls have the last few years. Teams like Toronto, Orlando, NYCFC, and Chicago aren't doing too noticeably better in attendance but are spending 2x-3x more on wages, with some transfer fees sprinkled in there as well.

Outside of Chicago (who isn't spending what you are suggesting), the other teams are clearly doing much better from a gate perspective. 

RBNY has spent money in the past (specifically first couple of years with the new stadium), but it has been more sporadic of late as they have definitely focused more on academy / youth. Nothing wrong with that.

"If they asked me to go back to the academy and coach the U-14s (I would have). I care about this club. It was never false, it always rings true.’" - Red Bull New York Head Coach Michael Petke

RedBullScouse

RedBullScouse

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,983 posts
  • Supports:Irresistable Mermaids/Liverpool/RU

Outside of Chicago (who isn't spending what you are suggesting), the other teams are clearly doing much better from a gate perspective. 

RBNY has spent money in the past (specifically first couple of years with the new stadium), but it has been more sporadic of late as they have definitely focused more on academy / youth. Nothing wrong with that.

yup.   

Toronto FC                       27,647
Orlando City SC                25,028
NYC FC                            22,643
New York Red Bulls          20,175
Chicago Fire                     17,383

Average through week 33 last year

"Everybody has a plan until they get punched in the mouth." - Iron Mike

Bitch covered my plaid?
The sorrow inside me grows.
I need my plaid pitch.

"It goes without saying that when things don't go your way they just don't go your way. " - JCO

"He can't kick with his left foot, he can't tackle, he can't head the ball and he doesn't score many goals. Apart from that, he's all right.”
George Best, on David Beckham

Arsenal14

Arsenal14

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,068 posts
  • Supports:RBNY, USA, Arsenal

I havent been around because I moved to the Philly area for work for about 5 years. I recently moved back. I was friends with a bunch of SOB guys who were really nice. The rumor.....and I say rumor.....amongst all of those supporters that they widely held true was......Jac Mac apparently nailed Williams wife. That led to big, big problems down there. At that time Mac was a much bigger prospect and they shipped Williams out of town by trading him in order to solve the problem.

Shades of a USNT problem.....

Fun anecdote, but his DV arrest came two years after he got traded, so they're probably unrelated.

GMoney

GMoney

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,390 posts
  • Supports:New York Red Bulls

Fun anecdote, but his DV arrest came two years after he got traded, so they're probably unrelated.

You are correct, when we was in Vancouver I believe. Seems like there was always a storm brewing in that relationship though. But who knows, I wasnt there. The charges were dropped I believe.

The New York Red Bulls previously kicked around Major League Soccer as the MetroStars with limited success. But after transforming under a new banner in 2005, the Red Bulls have become a force to be reckoned with in the Eastern Conference. The club has made leaps of progress since its previous incarnation and now has its focus on bringing the league title to New York. Grab your New York Red Bulls soccer jersey and other gear here at MLSGear.com.

MiLo4891

MiLo4891

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,329 posts
  • Interests:Football and Football, heading to the beach and the lake. Spending time with fam at parties and reading existentialism philosophy oh yeah cant forget anime. Oh yea and MiLo is pronounced Mee-Low, its short for Camilo.

If you were running this franchise, we'd have 22 international players and 5 Americans with a team salary of $45 million. The team still wouldn't win MLS Cup and they'd relocate next year as RB would pull out after a 30 million dollar loss. 

Nah I'd have majority academy players maybe 3 or 4 guys that have been solid in MLS and 6 foreign players that actually make an impact not Guldbransen and Baah

My team would look more like Atlanta United

It's all in jest and hopes.. I don't expect them to go out and sign Alan, or Vinicius Junior

But why does it always have to be other teams that get the Valeri, Lodiero and Pratti, and Giovinco and Barco... Why can't Metro do those things too
I just want Metro to win a title sometime in my lifetime.

DP3

DP3

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,353 posts
  • Supports:RBNY, USMNT, Fulham

But why does it always have to be other teams that get the Valeri, Lodiero and Pratti, and Giovinco and Barco... Why can't Metro do those things too

Since your posts are art my response is in poetry:

Note that of that list,
each star is on a different team.
Now the twist!
We'll soon have one too,
a South American,
named Kaku.

Voice of Reason II

Voice of Reason II

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,549 posts

Yeah, why can't we get a golden boot winner like BWP, or an assist leader like Klejstan or an International heavyweight like Henry...

JayDelight729

JayDelight729

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 16,738 posts

Nah I'd have majority academy players maybe 3 or 4 guys that have been solid in MLS and 6 foreign players that actually make an impact not Guldbransen and Baah

My team would look more like Atlanta United

It's all in jest and hopes.. I don't expect them to go out and sign Alan, or Vinicius Junior

Yet we have the guy who has scored nearly 100 goals in MLS.... 

"If they asked me to go back to the academy and coach the U-14s (I would have). I care about this club. It was never false, it always rings true.’" - Red Bull New York Head Coach Michael Petke

guanaco20

guanaco20

Reserve Team

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 447 posts
  • Supports:NY RedBulls
Arjen Robben is mulling a move to MLS. He could help solidify our attack on the wings even at his age.

ivo

ivo

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,247 posts
  • Supports:NYRB, Real Madrid

Arjen Robben is mulling a move to MLS. He could help solidify our attack on the wings even at his age.

Having Robben would be amazing, but it's unlikely RB go for him.

ig101

ig101

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,289 posts

We need a defender.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users