481 replies to this topic

JBigjake54

JBigjake54

Amicus Curiae

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,302 posts
  • Supports:MetroStars

Hans Backe ... not even coaching ... in the US Open Cup showed ... Euro snobbery

I did not agree with his decision not to accompany the team to Chicago, but his disdain for the USOC is matched by the majority of our fan base, then and now.
http://www.metrofana...ory.jsp?ID=5730

We are good enough to beat the best teams, and bad enough to lose to the worst teams. 

McSoccer

McSoccer

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,384 posts
  • Supports:New York Red Bulls, Arsenal

Is Kljestan inured?  He wasn't in the Orlando 18 today.

iced1776

iced1776

Dir. of Football Operations

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,403 posts
  • Supports:NY Red Bulls, FC Barcelona

Is Kljestan inured?  He wasn't in the Orlando 18 today.

Still suspended from the red card in the playoffs.

McSoccer

McSoccer

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,384 posts

Ha ha, forgot about that.

JBigjake54

JBigjake54

Amicus Curiae

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,302 posts

Is Kljestan inured?

Worse. Didnt you watch GoT?

We are good enough to beat the best teams, and bad enough to lose to the worst teams. 

regulator

regulator

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,407 posts
  • Supports:Metrostars, USMNT, Ecuador

Worse. Didnt you watch GoT?

MLS is a laddah

Indyanapolis

Indyanapolis

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,114 posts
  • Supports:Metro, Huracan more and more

Lol. Getting that red card was the most productive thing he did for us all game.
Frankly, since I am merely a fan and a not a fancy American soccer writer, I'm going to congratulate Wright-Phillips on a well hit goal. If I was an American soccer writer, I'd claim that the recently retired Henry was wearing an invisibility cloak and carried the ball into the net for the obviously unskilled Wright-Phillips.

If you scan YouTube looking for Bradley Wright-Phillips, youll find numerous goal compilations, a few interviews and, eventually, an excerpt from the grime mixtape series Lord of the Mics.

McSoccer

McSoccer

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,384 posts

https://www.mlssocce...s?autoplay=true

#4 in the video above is Sacha confrontation with Jozy in the 2017 playoffs.  I'm glad Red Bull moved on from Sacha, but he did show a lot of fight in that series, even if his play wasn't good enough.  Fuck Altidore for flopping like a wet noodle and fuck Bradley for sticking up for him.

Last night's USMNT friendly not being a World Cup prep match may have reminded me of their gutless performance in qualifying.  I hope those two never see the pitch wearing the Stars & Stripes again.

JBigjake54

JBigjake54

Amicus Curiae

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,302 posts

#4 in the video above is Sacha confrontation with Jozy in the 2017 playoffs.

#2 May be why Orlando wanted him.

McSoccer

McSoccer

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,384 posts

#2 May be why Orlando wanted him.

Unfortunately, we never saw enough of #5 or #2 while he was here.

Voice of Reason II

Voice of Reason II

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,734 posts

Sacha was really good for us. The reality is we needed to take a step in one direction while his body was taking a step in another direction.

Just because we  needed something else doesn't mean he was suddenly a bad player or that he didn't do anything while he was here. Moving Felipe wasn't about disliking Felipe, it was about a choice that had to be made to make the team better. The same with Sacha.

General Robles

General Robles

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 701 posts
  • Supports:New York, Newcastle, Palermo

Sacha was really good for us. The reality is we needed to take a step in one direction while his body was taking a step in another direction.

Just because we  needed something else doesn't mean he was suddenly a bad player or that he didn't do anything while he was here. Moving Felipe wasn't about disliking Felipe, it was about a choice that had to be made to make the team better. The same with Sacha.

Well said. Sacha was a really good player for us and I will always look back on him fondly.

McSoccer

McSoccer

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,384 posts

Was anyone saying Sacha wasnt good here?

Voice of Reason II

Voice of Reason II

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,734 posts

Was anyone saying Sacha wasnt good here?

You implied it with this quote:

"Unfortunately, we never saw enough of #5 or #2 while he was here." 

gears

gears

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,589 posts

I don't think we will have a player replicate Sacha's volume of assists or chances created anytime soon. 

I also feel much better about the team now that he has been replaced by committee.

That's just what it is to be in a salary cap league!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users