@CurseofCaricola

JBigjake54

JBigjake54

Amicus Curiae

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,295 posts
  • Supports:MetroStars

he never got a chance to show what he had. 

Whose fault was that?
Show it on the practice field. Step up in your limited opportunities. Force your way into the lineup.

We are good enough to beat the best teams, and bad enough to lose to the worst teams. 

Komba

Komba

Dir. of Football Operations

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,900 posts
He also said himself that he looked absolutely awful when he first showed up last season. Good from Hamlett and Marsch to move on fast. Sometimes Gms hold onto guys they signed for too long because they don't want to admit the mistake. Last summer window definitely didn't work out. Team missed on who they wanted and then their fallback didn't work out at all.

iced1776

iced1776

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,402 posts
  • Supports:NY Red Bulls, FC Barcelona

Whose fault was that?
Show it on the practice field. Step up in your limited opportunities. Force your way into the lineup.

His hamstring I think. Keita was never anywhere near 100% healthy last season, but showed enough skill to expect some decent things when he was up to speed.

RedBullScouse

RedBullScouse

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,239 posts
  • Supports:Irresistable Mermaids/Liverpool/RU
that one goal he combined on with Murillo is one of my favorite RB goals ever

"Everybody has a plan until they get punched in the mouth." - Iron Mike

Bitch covered my plaid?
The sorrow inside me grows.
I need my plaid pitch.

"It goes without saying that when things don't go your way they just don't go your way. " - JCO

"He can't kick with his left foot, he can't tackle, he can't head the ball and he doesn't score many goals. Apart from that, he's all right.”
George Best, on David Beckham

thoward18

thoward18

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,009 posts
  • Supports:Metro

I think it's clear they just didn't rate Keita. They protected Meara over him at the expansion draft, and while I like Ryan, he's a backup GK who ideally won't play a single league match for the next 3+ years. You're not exposing a field player at a position of weakness if you value him in any way. 

RandomHero

RandomHero

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,572 posts
  • Supports:RBNY, USMNT, Roma & ManU

Would have liked to see him stay with RBII at least. We have a ton of games again this year and rotation will be so crucial. And he looked really good in his last game when he was fully healthy. 

ivo

ivo

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,545 posts
  • Supports:NYRB, Real Madrid

I think it's clear they just didn't rate Keita. They protected Meara over him at the expansion draft, and while I like Ryan, he's a backup GK who ideally won't play a single league match for the next 3+ years. You're not exposing a field player at a position of weakness if you value him in any way. 

Protecting players during the expansion draft is not purely about rating players. Not protecting Keita was clearly a good decision as he wasn't taken.

You may well be right that they didn't rate him, but leaving him exposed in the draft is not necessarily proof of that.

uptownbull

uptownbull

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,462 posts
  • Supports:metro, barca, usa
Muyl and Etienne looking sharp might've also been a factor.

magicmoron

magicmoron

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,370 posts
  • Supports:RBNY, US, Russia
International slot

Indyanapolis

Indyanapolis

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,113 posts
  • Supports:Metro, Huracan more and more

International slot

Bingo. Hes probably a good enough player for the league, but not good enough for an international slot on this team. Kinda wish he kept a spot over Bezecourt or Valot, but oh well.
Frankly, since I am merely a fan and a not a fancy American soccer writer, I'm going to congratulate Wright-Phillips on a well hit goal. If I was an American soccer writer, I'd claim that the recently retired Henry was wearing an invisibility cloak and carried the ball into the net for the obviously unskilled Wright-Phillips.

If you scan YouTube looking for Bradley Wright-Phillips, youll find numerous goal compilations, a few interviews and, eventually, an excerpt from the grime mixtape series Lord of the Mics.

McSoccer

McSoccer

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,375 posts
  • Supports:New York Red Bulls, Arsenal

Bingo. Hes probably a good enough player for the league, but not good enough for an international slot on this team. Kinda wish he kept a spot over Bezecourt or Valot, but oh well.

Sure those two are making less than Keita.

Eleazar

Eleazar

One who helps God

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 18,960 posts
  • Interests:Metro, the USMNT and Boston College Athletics
  • Supports:METRO

Would've preferred dropping both Valot and Bezecourt and retaining Keita. 

RIP Guillermo Romulo, Alexander Francis Orig and Celenio Eleazar.

RIP Cesar Castello and Mike Vallo

"Metro..."

Slomojones

Slomojones

Reserve Team

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 260 posts
  • Supports:NYRB
Never like to watch a skilled player go BUT, we have a ton of midfielders (some much cheaper). We could use another keita level player at either fullback.
This post is dedicated to all the slow defenders of the world. Godspeed! my brothers

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users