#16 drgnsFIRE

drgnsFIRE

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 640 posts
  • Supports:Chicago Fire

Posted 17 September 2006 - 10:49 PM

Barring the injury bug hitting us, the Bears should at least make the playoffs this year, though i expect them to win the division and at least one playoff game. They have a good D, and I think that they will do better in pass coverage this year. The important thing is offense. This year we have a backup who can come in and carry a team if need be. I think Rex is proving that he's a legitimate starter, but I'll still hold off on praising him too much til a few more games into the season. Overall, I'm looking at a 12-4 or 13-3 season from them with their offense being improved, and the defense staying as good as they have been. They have tough games against the Giants, the Pats, and Seattle. There's always a chance they look past someone and get a loss too. Every other team they play though this year either is one dimensional (good passing, horrible rushing or vice versa), lacks enough playmakers, or simply doesn't have a good enough offense or defense.

#17 kebzach

kebzach

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,268 posts

Posted 17 September 2006 - 11:21 PM

Barring an injury outbreak, the Bears are my "lock of the week" for playoffville.

#18 WB05 Karl

WB05 Karl

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,540 posts
  • Interests:gonzo art criticism, boozes, chicago punk rock, throwing stuff of porches, ruining people's parties, stuff that's loud, Patrick Nagel
  • Supports:the goddamn chicago fire

Posted 19 September 2006 - 10:28 PM

http://www.deadspin....runk-201690.php

ps: THE MOTHERFUCKING BEARS!!!!!!!!!
:::democracy is not a happy idealistic society were everything is free hugs and freebasing coke in stairwells while police watch (that happens in frankfurt germany). it has it's ups and downs like everything. - WB05 Brandon:::

jawbreaker, constantly.

#19 WB05 Brandon

WB05 Brandon

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,753 posts
  • Supports:chicago fire

Posted 19 September 2006 - 11:31 PM

ND baby were ranked second this year

pattrick, this slipped through, #1 you do not go to Notre Dame you go to DePaul, #2 that didn't last long.

#20 Chow

Chow

Player/Manager

• S8 Admin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,034 posts
  • Supports:Huddalis Aviation, B&CA

Posted 27 September 2006 - 03:39 AM

SI's Peter King's rankings

http://sportsillustr...mqb.9.25/2.html

#21 StormSting

StormSting

Reserve Team

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 180 posts
  • Supports:Chicago Storm indoor soccer

Posted 27 September 2006 - 11:28 PM

Power rankings after 3 weeks are for losers. Colts were # 1 all year in most power polls last year and they choked away their first playoff game.

#22 Chow

Chow

Player/Manager

• S8 Admin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,034 posts

Posted 02 October 2006 - 04:27 AM

4 nil to the chicago! :cheers:

#23 Armani

Armani

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,590 posts
  • Interests:long walks on the beach and sitting under the stars o ya and chasing cbus fans out of parking lots.
  • Supports:Chicago fire

Posted 03 October 2006 - 02:44 AM

pattrick, this slipped through, #1 you do not go to Notre Dame you go to DePaul, #2 that didn't last long.

#3 i dont go to Depaul i go to North Park, its the lesser more crapy version of DePaul.

Ill make the bears my SHOEIN of the week

#24 Murtaugh

Murtaugh

Dir. of Football Operations

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,856 posts
  • Supports:Chicago

Posted 16 October 2006 - 11:28 PM

AH HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

nice to see that the bears waited till Studio 60 was over to start playing.

#25 Steve the Arsonist

Steve the Arsonist

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,635 posts
  • Supports:Fire, Shef. Utd., Hbrg City Islndrs

Posted 16 October 2006 - 11:50 PM

So there will be two weeks of fretting over Rex, not without reason. Still, if a team can win while playing that poorly then they have got be stoopidly dangerous.
For anyone familiar with history, the Cardinals were one of the original NFL teams and were a Chicago team until 1960. They have pretty much sucked 90% of thier history. Yet, even when the Halas Bears were ruling the NFL way back in the day, the Bears v. Cards games have always been tense. This is one that will go down as one of the wildest in history. :cheers:

#26 Chow

Chow

Player/Manager

• S8 Admin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,034 posts

Posted 17 October 2006 - 12:03 AM

I'm speechless bout this game :ph34r:

#27 kebzach

kebzach

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,268 posts

Posted 17 October 2006 - 12:24 AM

talk about a backdoor win.

#28 fireman451

fireman451

Reserve Team

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 438 posts
  • Supports:Chicago Fire Soccer Club ****

Posted 17 October 2006 - 12:32 AM

talk about a backdoor win.

As long as a game ends with, BEARS win, I'll take it. Ugliest, most exciting game I've seen in forever.

BEAR DOWN!!!!!

Thank goodness for the bye week . . .we need it.
Pro Deo, Pro Familia, Pro Patria

#29 SirWiggle

SirWiggle

Reserve Team

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 247 posts
  • Interests:Futbol, The Fire, beer, and the Fire
  • Supports:Chicago Fire

Posted 17 October 2006 - 12:39 AM

Un-fucking-real! The Bears had no business winning this game. I was at a Buffalo Wild Wings and the place was going bonkers. Won a replica Urlacher jersey at halftime and my girlfriend joked to me that that would turn the Bears luck around. I might have to wear this jersey under my Fire jersey during the playoffs.

Destiny = The Chicago Fire and the Bears 2006!
I AM A FAN OF THE CHICAGO FIRE. AS SUCH I BELIEVE YOUR TEAM IS INFERIOR TO OURS IN EVERY SINGLE WAY. IN FACT, I HEARD THAT YOUR TEAMS FANS COME FROM LOW-INCOME NEIGHBORHOODS AND HAVE HAD SEXUAL INTERCOURSE WITH FAMILY MEMBERS. IN CONTRAST AND IN SPITE OF ACTUAL EVIDENCE I BELIEVE THAT YOUR FANS HAVE BEEN INVOLVED IN A FAIR AMOUNT OF SEXUAL ACTIVITY INVOLVING LIVESTOCK. OUR SUPPORTERS GROUP'S POWER OF RHETORIC IS SO MUCH MORE POWERFUL THAN YOURS. IN FACT OUR FANS HAVE HAD A ROMANTIC INTERLUDE WITH YOUR GOALKEEPER'S WIFE IN WHICH FELLATIO WAS PERFORMED FORTHWITH OVER A PERIOD OF HOURS. WE THEN PAID HER FOR HER SERVICES. I WOULD ALSO LIKE TO INFORM FANS THAT OUR SUPPORTERS GROUP CONSUMES LARGE AMOUNTS OF ALCOHOL AND NARCOTICS IN AN EFFORT TO SHOW HOW POWERFUL AND FRIGHTENING WE CAN BE IN AN EFFORT TO INSTILL PSYCHOLOGICAL FEAR AMONG OPPOSING PLAYERS.

#30 Chow

Chow

Player/Manager

• S8 Admin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,034 posts

Posted 17 October 2006 - 12:45 AM

I was wearing my urlacher jesey that I dug up from last years playoff game for the 1st quarter and my roomate and I decided it had to go so its on the floor where it will stay for a while

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users