Eleazar

One who helps God

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,966 posts
  • Interests:Metro, the USMNT and Boston College Athletics
  • Supports:METRO

https://www.spreaker...ymedia/otc-ep-1

how far into the podcast is the Metro stuff? nvm, the impressions are pretty funny. 

RIP Guillermo Romulo, Alexander Francis Orig, Celenio Eleazar, and my Mom, Resurreccion Eleazar.

RIP Cesar Castello, Mike Vallo, Glenn Stampiglia, Bob Paquette, and Warren Lee

Olesh

Olesh

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 908 posts
  • Supports:Metrostars Black

He scatters Metro tidbits throughout the podcast. 

The few things that stood out to me:

-Was only paid $1500 and a free set of golf clubs for the entire season to wear the Breathe-Right strips.

-Would write out 3 goals before every match. When facing Mamadou Diallo, the goal he put down was 'Don't end his career'.

-Re-signed with Metro over signing in Germany because NY was home, and he didn't think he was good enough to get games in Germany. MLS wouldn't let him put a no-trade clause into his deal. Traded to DC season and a half later.

-Personally likes Nick S, and has no issues with him despite the fact many others do.

-Was thrilled to come back to RB later in career. Had relationship with JCO. Laughed when co-host (Dunseth) referred to him as the 'tinkerman'

Ali Curtis was mentioned in passing, which set him off, but he didn't want to get into it in this podcast. Vowed to get into it in a future episode.

Lots of fun nuggets in there for long-time MLS fans. Will definitely check out future episodes.

999duo

999duo

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,132 posts
  • Supports:Metro, Bolton, Swansea

-Was only paid $1500 and a free set of golf clubs for the entire season to wear the Breathe-Right strips.

-Would write out 3 goals before every match. When facing Mamadou Diallo, the goal he put down was 'Don't end his career'.

-Re-signed with Metro over signing in Germany because NY was home, and he didn't think he was good enough to get games in Germany. MLS wouldn't let him put a no-trade clause into his deal. Traded to DC season and a half later.

-Personally likes Nick S, and has no issues with him despite the fact many others do.

-Was thrilled to come back to RB later in career. Had relationship with JCO. Laughed when co-host (Dunseth) referred to him as the 'tinkerman'

Ali Curtis was mentioned in passing, which set him off, but he didn't want to get into it in this podcast. Vowed to get into it in a future episode.

Lots of fun nuggets in there for long-time MLS fans. Will definitely check out future episodes.

Thanks for the summary I was too lazy to write. His co-host is Brian Dunseth, it's nominally a RSL podcast but the focus (based on first episode) seems to be reflections on their playing, coaching, and (in Dunseth's case) broadcasting career. I'll definitely check out future episodes.

JBigjake54

JBigjake54

Amicus Curiae

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 24,312 posts
  • Supports:MetroStars
Nice logo. Great stuff.
Bob ... bit of a hiccup in New York ...
Cannot discuss Ali yet.
At one time or another, I hated 75% of my teammates.

We are good enough to beat the best teams, and bad enough to lose to the worst teams. 

magicmoron

magicmoron

Dir. of Football Operations

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,315 posts
  • Supports:RBNY/Metro, US Nats
I wonder if the young player he was talking about was Danilo Acosta.

999duo

999duo

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,132 posts
  • Supports:Metro, Bolton, Swansea

I wonder if the young player he was talking about was Danilo Acosta.

Yeah I was wondering who that was too. Only potential NY player I can think of is Oyongo.

Edit: and if I recall the drama regarding his trade to Montreal, it seems totally possible.

ESCfanatic279

ESCfanatic279

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 959 posts
  • Supports:METRO USMNT

According to Petke. Ali Curtis was a roommate of Mike Petke in Dallas. What the hell happened in Dallas? Did this effect the firing of Petke. I cant wait to listen to the next podcast.

magicmoron

magicmoron

Dir. of Football Operations

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,315 posts
  • Supports:RBNY/Metro, US Nats

According to Petke. Ali Curtis was a roommate of Mike Petke in Dallas. What the hell happened in Dallas? Did this effect the firing of Petke. I cant wait to listen to the next podcast.

No, it was Dunseth and Curtis who were roommates.

sec201

sec201

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,438 posts
  • Supports:Red Bull, USMNT

Nice to see that the strait-laced folks in Utah seem to love Petke.  

JBigjake54

JBigjake54

Amicus Curiae

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 24,312 posts
  • Supports:MetroStars

the strait-laced folks in Utah seem to love Petke.  

https://www.politico...-000705?slide=0

We are good enough to beat the best teams, and bad enough to lose to the worst teams. 

sec201

sec201

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,438 posts
  • Supports:Red Bull, USMNT

https://www.politico...-000705?slide=0

I know that SLC proper is pretty liberal, and that Rocky Anderson was mayor for many years.  But RSL play in Sandy, where the majority of the population is LDS, and I think a large part of their fan base is as well.  

gravediGGer

gravediGGer

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,418 posts

I know that SLC proper is pretty liberal, and that Rocky Anderson was mayor for many years.  But RSL play in Sandy, where the majority of the population is LDS, and I think a large part of their fan base is as well.  

I'd say so considering the looks we got in 08 to we only need one wife chants, good memories from that trip..

Sometimes I think the entire Red Bull existence has been some 19 year old kids football manager save file he only plays when he comes home drunk. - 'Mibabalou'

#FUCKredbull

Eleazar

Eleazar

One who helps God

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,966 posts

good times. 

RIP Guillermo Romulo, Alexander Francis Orig, Celenio Eleazar, and my Mom, Resurreccion Eleazar.

Eleazar

Eleazar

One who helps God

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,966 posts

ummm...

https://twitter.com/...003473233731584

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users