20 replies to this topic

RedBullScouse

RedBullScouse

Dir. of Football Operations

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 19,798 posts
  • Supports:Irresistable Mermaids/Liverpool/RU

I think you are right on both counts but it begs the question: If you don't trust management's competence in handling an expensive transfer why were they not fired the second that trust was lost?

It takes time to lose confidence in someone, and it takes time to see if they are redeemable, especially when they come with solid referrals.    Hamlett only was given two seasons (two halves and a whole).   

"Everybody has a plan until they get punched in the mouth." - Iron Mike

Bitch covered my plaid?
The sorrow inside me grows.
I need my plaid pitch.

"It goes without saying that when things don't go your way they just don't go your way. " - JCO

"He can't kick with his left foot, he can't tackle, he can't head the ball and he doesn't score many goals. Apart from that, he's all right.”
George Best, on David Beckham

TK_RBNY

TK_RBNY

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,100 posts
  • Supports:Red Bulls, Fulham
Back on topic, Fernandez was linked to MLS as far back as mid December. Said he wasnt playing in Argentina anymore after returning to Cruz Azul from loan at Boca.

http://www.moicelest...celta-y-se.html

RedBullScouse

RedBullScouse

Dir. of Football Operations

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 19,798 posts
  • Supports:Irresistable Mermaids/Liverpool/RU

More of a CM? If he gets stuck in, fine. He's a Cruz Azul player...maybe swap Kaku for Pol? Loan in each direction? Cruz Azul were rumored to be interested in Kaku at one point way before we got involved. 

Definitely a playmaker and not a goal scorer.  Even at 29, if healthy and we get 3 years out of him, hats as much as we could expect out of almost anyone outside of a Sean Davis type.

"Everybody has a plan until they get punched in the mouth." - Iron Mike

Bitch covered my plaid?
The sorrow inside me grows.
I need my plaid pitch.

"It goes without saying that when things don't go your way they just don't go your way. " - JCO

"He can't kick with his left foot, he can't tackle, he can't head the ball and he doesn't score many goals. Apart from that, he's all right.”
George Best, on David Beckham

67% Class

67% Class

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,748 posts
  • Supports:Metro

Definitely a playmaker and not a goal scorer.  Even at 29, if healthy and we get 3 years out of him, hats as much as we could expect out of almost anyone outside of a Sean Davis type.

If true (which seems like a big if), I would think a loan deal rather than purchase. 

Eleazar

Eleazar

One who helps God

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,966 posts
  • Interests:Metro, the USMNT and Boston College Athletics
  • Supports:METRO

If true (which seems like a big if), I would think a loan deal rather than purchase. 

Still sounds too old. Maybe they meant NYCFC. Didn't the same thing happen for Mitrita where they initially said RBNY, but it really was NYCFC all along? 

RIP Guillermo Romulo, Alexander Francis Orig, Celenio Eleazar, and my Mom, Resurreccion Eleazar.

RIP Cesar Castello, Mike Vallo, Glenn Stampiglia, Bob Paquette, and Warren Lee

Efried

Efried

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,001 posts
  • Supports:Metro
I think this is rbny being used for leverage elsewhere

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users