294 replies to this topic

Indyanapolis

Indyanapolis

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,854 posts
  • Supports:Metro

Ben Cork reports that Stoke wants RBNY to buy him permanently and to cover all of his wages. They either want him there so he can be of use to them, or off their books entirely,

Yes, that is how loans often work. Problem is, again, that requires spending real US dollars on the roster, which this roster is constructed to minimize.

If you scan YouTube looking for Bradley Wright-Phillips, youll find numerous goal compilations, a few interviews and, eventually, an excerpt from the grime mixtape series Lord of the Mics.

Borats

Borats

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,545 posts
  • Supports:NY/NJ Metrostars

Not sure if this even qualifies as an update, but on yesterday's broadcast Steve mentioned something to the regard that Red Bulls have not yet made an announcement that Edwards is back with Stoke, but he is not with the RB team just now. I guess we knew it, but based on this it sounded like some details need to be finalized before he is officially back with Stoke, not the other way around. Maybe I am reading this wrong though, but his statement didn't sound very promising about the prospects of Edwards return to RB.

Komba

Komba

Dir. of Football Operations

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,099 posts
With the loss of Edwards and gain of Duncan being close to a wash, this deadline was a total disaster considering the salary we got rid of and the fact that we made one addition which is a speculative signing to say the least.

Have to figure Struber understands now that there is no winning with this team.

Borats

Borats

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,545 posts

With the loss of Edwards...

I am still hoping somehow we can keep him. But there are a lot of indicators (including Struber mentioning Reyes will be a starter yesterday over D Nealis) otherwise...

elf

elf

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,538 posts
  • Supports:Metrostars

With the loss of Edwards and gain of Duncan being close to a wash, this deadline was a total disaster considering the salary we got rid of and the fact that we made one addition which is a speculative signing to say the least.

Have to figure Struber understands now that there is no winning with this team.

I wouldnt say it's a wash. Edward's is a huge loss.

richbatt

richbatt

New Signing

• Members
  • Pip
  • 38 posts
  • Supports:NYRB

Did anyone notice yesterday's status report originally did not have Edwards listed. Then after the match began he was listed as out for yellow card accumulation. Now today he isn't listed anymore. 

JBigjake54

JBigjake54

Amicus Curiae

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 22,891 posts
  • Supports:MetroStars

Now today he isn't listed anymore. 

Reminds me of a young Billy Crystal watching Shane with Billie Holiday. As Brandon deWilde calls Shane's name, Billie says, "He ain't never coming back."

We are good enough to beat the best teams, and bad enough to lose to the worst teams. 

Borats

Borats

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,545 posts

I wouldnt say it's a wash. Edward's is a huge loss.

I agree. It is taking Struber 3 games of absolute shit performances to figure out how to play without Edwards. And he hasn't figured it out yet. Edwards was absolutely critical thus far and was preferred by Struber to Duncan even last year. After that Edwards made himself even more invaluable for Struber while Duncan barely played. At best it is a small downgrade. At the time when we needed a sizable upgrade.

RedBullScouse

RedBullScouse

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 18,797 posts
  • Supports:Irresistable Mermaids/Liverpool/RU

I agree. It is taking Struber 3 games of absolute shit performances to figure out how to play without Edwards. And he hasn't figured it out yet. Edwards was absolutely critical thus far and was preferred by Struber to Duncan even last year. After that Edwards made himself even more invaluable for Struber while Duncan barely played. At best it is a small downgrade. At the time when we needed a sizable upgrade.

Edwards is a better than average FB/WB, and just an average CB.  His versatility on an under-rostered team is what gives him value.  I don't know if Struber uses the 5-back formation out of preference or necessity, because of the holes in the roster.   

Duncan can't play CB and is sketchy on the left, so its a big step down from that perspective.   In my mind he was a very inconsistent player, which is common with young talent.     He's 24 now and should be more reliable.

"Everybody has a plan until they get punched in the mouth." - Iron Mike

Bitch covered my plaid?
The sorrow inside me grows.
I need my plaid pitch.

"It goes without saying that when things don't go your way they just don't go your way. " - JCO

"He can't kick with his left foot, he can't tackle, he can't head the ball and he doesn't score many goals. Apart from that, he's all right.”
George Best, on David Beckham

bkizoulis

bkizoulis

Reserve Team

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 414 posts
Whats the latest on edwards? Hoping they make the move permanent.

Mynameisfutbol

Mynameisfutbol

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 936 posts
  • Supports:NY Red Bulls
From todays presser:

Coronel on Edwards' absence: "That's part of the game, that's part of soccer. This was the time for him to leave, but we do have Duncan back. Let's not forget that we have Andrés back as well."

njdevils3027

njdevils3027

Reserve Team

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 421 posts
  • Supports:Red Bulls

Lol what a joke of a window. So a wash at RB, another project attacker and a dude off waivers from bloody Houston.

Metrohoboken

Metrohoboken

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,713 posts
The window is a joke but I am happier with Reyes Duncan on the right than Edwards . Edwards was quality and had grit but they are better
No depth

Bradley Wright-Phillips "I prefer it at Red Bull Arena, but it was OK. I could imagine it being good for a baseball crowd.

Borats

Borats

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,545 posts

Did anyone ask Struber regarding this on today's presser? Maybe Coronel was talking about just this game?

iced1776

iced1776

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,336 posts
  • Supports:NY Red Bulls, FC Barcelona

Did anyone ask Struber regarding this on today's presser? Maybe Coronel was talking about just this game?

Mark Fishkin asked today, and also confirmed he was only one of two people to even join the presser

Struber says Edwards' absence "is a problem" but that the team has to respect his personal reasons for being away from the club.

We all knew Edward's top priority would be playing for Stoke if he thought it was a possibility, so this shouldn't come as a shock. I was just hoping they'd let him see out the entire season.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users