1482 replies to this topic

elf

elf

Dir. of Football Operations

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,463 posts
  • Supports:Metrostars
This team was built for the cup. The players did a great job. Struber did a great job.

This lost is not on the players or coaching staff. It was the front office who did not address the need to replace Fabio. It was the front office who did not replace Duncan. It was the front office who did not replace our dead weight when we needed players to give the starters a breather.

By the 2nd half, they guys had no legs. The Florida heat and humidity took them out. It was Orlando's 12th man

ivo

ivo

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,814 posts
  • Supports:NYRB, Real Madrid

By the 2nd half, they guys had no legs. The Florida heat and humidity took them out. It was Orlando's 12th man

Ah yes, the heat completely destroyed them between minute 46 and 49. Come on.

JBigjake54

JBigjake54

Amicus Curiae

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 22,767 posts
  • Supports:MetroStars

The Florida heat and humidity took them out.

Blame it on the rain.
https://m.youtube.co...h?v=WhttSApnZSQ

We are good enough to beat the best teams, and bad enough to lose to the worst teams. 

Eleazar

Eleazar

One who helps God

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,353 posts
  • Interests:Metro, the USMNT and Boston College Athletics
  • Supports:METRO

Nononono...

It's Struber's fault cuz he was given this roster and can't make miracles happen with it. #sarcasm 

RIP Guillermo Romulo, Alexander Francis Orig, Celenio Eleazar, and my Mom, Resurreccion Eleazar.

RIP Cesar Castello, Mike Vallo, Glenn Stampiglia, Bob Paquette, and Warren Lee

Metrohoboken

Metrohoboken

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,551 posts
Presser yesterday
struber I think stepped back from emotions and direct austrianess . Realized his game plan contributed as well

Struber: "I think always we have to be critical after a or win or a loss.. of course you have to realize and reflect yourself what you can make better. It's important we learn from this game... me and my coaching team... Thank you for so many supporters in Orlando.

Bradley Wright-Phillips "I prefer it at Red Bull Arena, but it was OK. I could imagine it being good for a baseball crowd.

MetroFanatic

MetroFanatic

Choose Metro.

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 17,758 posts
  • Supports:Metro

Presser yesterday
struber I think stepped back from emotions and direct austrianess . Realized his game plan contributed as well

Struber: "I think always we have to be critical after a or win or a loss.. of course you have to realize and reflect yourself what you can make better. It's important we learn from this game... me and my coaching team... Thank you for so many supporters in Orlando.

Struber is awesome. I imagine someone like Osorio would shift the blame on the players, and someone would Armas would count the missed chances and rue bad luck.

Hope he stays for a long time. He will not.

MetroFanatic.com. Metro Forever.

Eleazar

Eleazar

One who helps God

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,353 posts
  • Interests:Metro, the USMNT and Boston College Athletics
  • Supports:METRO

Struber is awesome. I imagine someone like Osorio would shift the blame on the players, and someone would Armas would count the missed chances and rue bad luck.

'YOU DON'T KNOW WHAT YOU'RE TALKING ABOUT!!!'

-RBNY Twitter

RIP Guillermo Romulo, Alexander Francis Orig, Celenio Eleazar, and my Mom, Resurreccion Eleazar.

RIP Cesar Castello, Mike Vallo, Glenn Stampiglia, Bob Paquette, and Warren Lee

Borats

Borats

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,502 posts
  • Supports:NY/NJ Metrostars

Armas would count the missed chances and rue bad luck.

They just made 4 more plays than we did.

JBigjake54

JBigjake54

Amicus Curiae

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 22,767 posts
Fortunately, there were no post-game problems.
I know a few went to local bars after the game.
Wednesday a lot quieter than Saturday:
https://www.clickorl...rge-police-say/

We are good enough to beat the best teams, and bad enough to lose to the worst teams. 

Borats

Borats

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,502 posts

It appears Orlando was no fluke. We just had nearly identical performance in the second half. Though we scored one on a pen, but this was at home again a worse team. Still, too similar. Common denominator? No Edwards and D Nealis as a CB.

Thomas A Fina

Thomas A Fina

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,020 posts
  • Supports:USMNT, Metro, NotRedBull
And Harper at RWB

Hes not ready yet either

But again, there should be one defender on the bench to sub in

Borats

Borats

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,502 posts

And Harper at RWB

Hes not ready yet either

But again, there should be one defender on the bench to sub in

Yeah. After the Orlando game, some of us were saying that we should have been up by two goals after first half, and the result would have been different. Well, today we WERE up by two goals, and the outcome was still a loss... There is a fundamental problem defensively without Edwards. It turns out the fact he got that stupid red was the reason for Orlando loss, more than anything else. It looks like Reyes instead of D Niealis was the best answer we had, but it took a couple of games to figure out. If Struber already figured it out. He can be very stubborn when it comes to his favorites.

JBigjake54

JBigjake54

Amicus Curiae

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 22,767 posts

After the Orlando game, some of us were saying that we should have been up by two goals after first half, and the result would have been different.

Some were saying 4-0. Still wouldnt have mattered.

today we WERE up by two goals, and still a loss.

The wheels are falling off in the second half.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users