Eleazar

One who helps God

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,332 posts
  • Interests:Metro, the USMNT and Boston College Athletics
  • Supports:METRO

Yes, the forwards better start scoring. 

RIP Guillermo Romulo, Alexander Francis Orig, Celenio Eleazar, and my Mom, Resurreccion Eleazar.

RIP Cesar Castello, Mike Vallo, Glenn Stampiglia, Bob Paquette, and Warren Lee

elf

elf

Dir. of Football Operations

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,452 posts
  • Supports:Metrostars

Maybe youve been watching too much Jozy, bc White does not belong in the Nats conversation.

Unlike you, I do watch them play. I dont like to be uninformed when I talk about someone.

As for white, when he was scoring goals many ppl in US soccer community including Ives, the folks from extra time and other journalist talked abt him as a possibility of getting called up by berhalter.

This team just needs a competent shooter who can redirect balls into the net. Our forwards get good service but cant convert

Plenty of forwards were traded in MLS for peanuts

McSoccer

McSoccer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,355 posts
  • Supports:New York Red Bulls, Arsenal

Unlike you, I do watch them play. I dont like to be uninformed when I talk about someone.

As for white, when he was scoring goals many ppl in US soccer community including Ives, the folks from extra time and other journalist talked abt him as a possibility of getting called up by berhalter.

This team just needs a competent shooter who can redirect balls into the net. Our forwards get good service but cant convert

Plenty of forwards were traded in MLS for peanuts

I watch a lot of MLS, I just watch without bias to former RBNY players or players that were once good. Brian & Jozy have not been good this year. Their stats ANd the eye test prove that. We have bad forwards already. I can watch Barlow or Klimala if I want to watch forwards that cant put the ball in the net.

Everyone you want to bring in (Mullins, Jozy, White) are either out of socccer, out of MLS, or out of form.

iced1776

iced1776

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,199 posts
  • Supports:NY Red Bulls, FC Barcelona

I'm still not seeing these tap-in chances that you are for White to feast on. We play very, very few balls anywhere near the 6 yard box. Most of Klimala's chances are from further out in the box and require way more than redirecting. I never saw that as part of White's game.

JBigjake54

JBigjake54

Amicus Curiae

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 22,727 posts
  • Supports:MetroStars

forwards are as incompetent as our front office.

Birds of a feather flock together.

We are good enough to beat the best teams, and bad enough to lose to the worst teams. 

elf

elf

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,452 posts
  • Supports:Metrostars

I watch a lot of MLS, I just watch without bias to former RBNY players or players that were once good. Brian & Jozy have not been good this year. Their stats ANd the eye test prove that. We have bad forwards already. I can watch Barlow or Klimala if I want to watch forwards that cant put the ball in the net.

Everyone you want to bring in (Mullins, Jozy, White) are either out of socccer, out of MLS, or out of form.

if you want to talk about stats, then read the post i made about jozy in the other forum. i already explained, using stats, why he is a way much better forward than barlow and klimala. And how he fits the press system. no bias. 

I and other posters have already highlighted to you that White is a competent striker in MLS and last year many people were advocating for him to be on the national team. factual events that can be googled. not bias opinion; just facts. would he be an upgrade over klimala and barlow? yes.

As for mullins and any other old aged forward i mentioned in the past, it was a low-risk high reward gamble. those guys have their injury issues but we also have a good coaching staff. We know the front office is cheap and taking a gamble on a guy that was good in the past until they figure things out was and still is worth the risk. Instead, the front office opted to do nothing. We wasted time on Fletcher who had no history of accomplishing anything and they didn't do a thing with the other roster spots.   i predicted that we were going to have this issue. having the presence of a vet could have been a band aid until the team found a long-term solution and helped klimala. due to the bad form of our forwards, any of the vets that i mentioned in the past could be a starter on this team. 

Metrohoboken

Metrohoboken

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,512 posts
Yearwood and Long up top

Bradley Wright-Phillips "I prefer it at Red Bull Arena, but it was OK. I could imagine it being good for a baseball crowd.

Eleazar

Eleazar

One who helps God

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,332 posts
  • Interests:Metro, the USMNT and Boston College Athletics
  • Supports:METRO

At least Barlow scored! 

RIP Guillermo Romulo, Alexander Francis Orig, Celenio Eleazar, and my Mom, Resurreccion Eleazar.

RIP Cesar Castello, Mike Vallo, Glenn Stampiglia, Bob Paquette, and Warren Lee

Antonius Block

Antonius Block

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,587 posts
  • Supports:RBNY, Sligo Rovers
Both Barlow and Long now tied with DP striker Klimala on 4 goals.

Long leading of you subtract PKs.

"To believe is to suffer. It is like loving someone in the dark who never answers." - Antonius Block on Metro fandom

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users