Borats

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,502 posts
  • Supports:NY/NJ Metrostars

huh?

for next year

Reyes we can and should count on Reyes and we will likely bring in another player to train up for that 3rd CB position- be that a NYRB2 guy or outside guy like Monzon. 

We can keep D Nealis as 4th CB option. 

What's not clear about the guys extensive injury history in both years here plus the year before in Miami? If we counted on him these years, and didn't luck out with Sean's emergence, we would have been screwed. He needs to stay on the field for a prolonged time for me to count on the guy. In the absence of that, we need two other big CBs who can start next year. I am hoping we can keep Long in addition to Sean Nealis.

uptownbull

uptownbull

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,581 posts
  • Supports:METRO! Barca, USA, PR libre
It would be nice if Nealis was actually the backup depth CB, but that's unrealistically aspirational with these penny pinchers.

RED. BULL. OUT. 

#SaveTheMetro

iced1776

iced1776

Dir. of Football Operations

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,224 posts
  • Supports:NY Red Bulls, FC Barcelona

You guys are missing the focal point of Reyes's skill set - raw entertainment value. The man exudes confidence, whether he's dribbling out of the back to make plays, getting on the end of a set piece, or flying in for a tackle with reckless abandon mere minutes after getting a yellow card.

JBigjake54

JBigjake54

Amicus Curiae

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 22,767 posts
  • Supports:MetroStars

raw entertainment value. flying in for a tackle with reckless abandon minutes after getting a yellow card.

Hope you are joking on this one.

We are good enough to beat the best teams, and bad enough to lose to the worst teams. 

iced1776

iced1776

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,224 posts

Hope you are joking on this one.

That last part yes but I do mean the rest of it

Borats

Borats

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,502 posts

Another game where he put in Dylan Nealis instead of "starter" Reyes when Long went out. I doubt he is saving Reyes for Orlando.

TK_RBNY

TK_RBNY

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,396 posts
  • Supports:Red Bulls, Fulham

Another game where he put in Dylan Nealis instead of "starter" Reyes when Long went out. I doubt he is saving Reyes for Orlando.

Im sorry if you think Nealis is better than Reyes find a different sport. No surprise that Austin almost pulled the comeback with both of the Neali on the field.

Edwards is out the next two matches and Reyes is coming back from injury. Have to save him.

Metrohoboken

Metrohoboken

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,551 posts

Thanks for the laugh

Bradley Wright-Phillips "I prefer it at Red Bull Arena, but it was OK. I could imagine it being good for a baseball crowd.

ivo

ivo

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,814 posts
  • Supports:NYRB, Real Madrid

both of the Neali

😂😂

iced1776

iced1776

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,224 posts

Andres Reyes at CB opens up the option of Aaron Long at striker

Someone pass my resume to Struber

Borats

Borats

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,502 posts

Im sorry if you think Nealis is better than Reyes find a different sport. No surprise that Austin almost pulled the comeback with both of the Neali on the field.

Edwards is out the next two matches and Reyes is coming back from injury. Have to save him.

What? It's Struber who did this, he should find a different sport? Now I have stated that Struber likes Dylan and Barlow too much, going back to the very first game of his coaching when he started Barlow over White, but you seem to be very full of yourself. And Neali were on the field starting all year with overall good results. To change that I think we will need a good RB transfer.

My point is that so far Struber does not view Reyes as a starter, but a sub. That's evidenced by two healthy scratches in a row, even after Long went out to rest before Orlando. Just because YOU think Reyes is starter doesn't mean Struber does. Everything I have seen so far indicates the opposite.

JBigjake54

JBigjake54

Amicus Curiae

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 22,767 posts

if you think Nealis is better than Reyes find a different sport.

No need for insults or snippy comments.

of the Neali

Second declension genitive?
https://www.christia...GsaAoUSEALw_wcB

We are good enough to beat the best teams, and bad enough to lose to the worst teams. 

JBigjake54

JBigjake54

Amicus Curiae

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 22,767 posts

you seem to be very full of yourself.

This is what it leads to.

elf

elf

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,463 posts
  • Supports:Metrostars

What? It's Struber who did this, he should find a different sport? Now I have stated that Struber likes Dylan and Barlow too much, going back to the very first game of his coaching when he started Barlow over White, but you seem to be very full of yourself. And Neali were on the field starting all year with overall good results. To change that I think we will need a good RB transfer.

My point is that so far Struber does not view Reyes as a starter, but a sub. That's evidenced by two healthy scratches in a row, even after Long went out to rest before Orlando. Just because YOU think Reyes is starter doesn't mean Struber does. Everything I have seen so far indicates the opposite.

Struber has said in the past that talent doesnt guarantee pt. You have to execute the game plan. The bar for reyes could be higher than nealis

Reyes has to get the tactics right.

Borats

Borats

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,502 posts

Reyes left and we conceded 4 goals in a few mins (luckily one was waived on a passive offsides call, which didn't impact the play at all). Including a game winner where Coronel saved initial shot, but D Nealis didn't bother to get back for a rebound. Today's game showed no more D Nealis at CB, Reyes is much better there.

Reyes does still make some dumb mistakes, but it's time to give Tolikn/Long/S Nealis/Reyes/Edwards a shot to start.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users