iced1776

iced1776

Dir. of Football Operations

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,199 posts
  • Supports:NY Red Bulls, FC Barcelona

Right! So, sell the team!
Actually, I think that RBG believes that its investment in new facilities will lead to eventual success in developing players.
Can there be any other explanation?

MLS franchise value is only going one direction, and that's going to be the case for a very long time.

Mynameisfutbol

Mynameisfutbol

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 924 posts
  • Supports:NY Red Bulls

MLS franchise value is only going one direction, and that's going to be the case for a very long time.

Right, i saw somewhere that this franchise is already north of 500M, so it makes sense to hold on to it for as long as you can

Thomas A Fina

Thomas A Fina

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,013 posts
  • Supports:USMNT, Metro, NotRedBull
And hold the fanbase hostage while they do it?

The couldnt start pulling back in 2025?

That seems sound

Someone needs to give them the Khartoum treatment

JBigjake54

JBigjake54

Amicus Curiae

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 22,727 posts
  • Supports:MetroStars

I suppose that a rising tide lifts all boats, but who would want to buy a mediocre team in an empty stadium?
If the Smurfs get their SSS, we are the poor cousin.

We are good enough to beat the best teams, and bad enough to lose to the worst teams. 

iced1776

iced1776

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,199 posts
  • Supports:NY Red Bulls, FC Barcelona

I suppose that a rising tide lifts all boats, but who would want to buy a mediocre team in an empty stadium?

Its a major league franchise in a major market that already built its major assets - stadium and training facility. My guess is you wouldn't need to sell at a discount to find some buyers.

uptownbull

uptownbull

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,572 posts
  • Supports:METRO! Barca, USA, PR libre

who would want to buy a mediocre team in an empty stadium?

Metro is a fixer upper for sure, but the bones are decent.

RED. BULL. OUT. 

#SaveTheMetro

MTF

MTF

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,066 posts

Right! So, sell the team!
Actually, I think that RBG believes that its investment in new facilities will lead to eventual success in developing players.
Can there be any other explanation?

I think this is just a very smart investment by RB Global. They spend the bare minimum and cant get relegated. They are just riding the growth of the league and the sport here and are sitting on an appreciating stake in MLS / rising franchise value. Why sell now when perhaps you can sell for a billion in another decade?

maxmini

maxmini

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,212 posts
  • Supports:RBNY, Corinthians
Wake up folks. Only massive non renewal of ST has any (and little) hope of moving management

McSoccer

McSoccer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,355 posts
  • Supports:New York Red Bulls, Arsenal

Wake up folks. Only massive non renewal of ST has any (and little) hope of moving management

I think this is the only way the league gets involved. Ive dropped tix twice, once when RB bought the team and again a year after Marsch left and the team wasnt built to win.

RedBullScouse

RedBullScouse

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 18,707 posts
  • Supports:Irresistable Mermaids/Liverpool/RU

That is exactly the type of team you do buy. Take a great asset that's underperformed and turn it around. That's how you create value.

"Everybody has a plan until they get punched in the mouth." - Iron Mike

Bitch covered my plaid?
The sorrow inside me grows.
I need my plaid pitch.

"It goes without saying that when things don't go your way they just don't go your way. " - JCO

"He can't kick with his left foot, he can't tackle, he can't head the ball and he doesn't score many goals. Apart from that, he's all right.”
George Best, on David Beckham

JBigjake54

JBigjake54

Amicus Curiae

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 22,727 posts
  • Supports:MetroStars

That is exactly the type of team you do buy. Take a great asset that's underperformed and turn it around. That's how you create value.

Based on other comments, it would seem that RBG overvalues this asset. With a mediocre squad and a moribund fan base, its curb appeal is limited.
I suppose that some might see it as having value, but would they pay more than salvage value? After all, the buyer would have to invest heavily in the squad to build a championship caliber team.

We are good enough to beat the best teams, and bad enough to lose to the worst teams. 

thoward18

thoward18

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,450 posts
  • Supports:Metro

By no means have we underperformed, come on. I have a lot of gripes but at least 75% of the league would have loved to had the decade we have. But I do think there is a lot of potential in terms of investment. You already have the stadium and academy built. A different ownership group could invest way more in the team and make a bigger effort to attract fans/media/etc

RedBullScouse

RedBullScouse

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 18,707 posts
  • Supports:Irresistable Mermaids/Liverpool/RU

By no means have we underperformed, come on. I have a lot of gripes but at least 75% of the league would have loved to had the decade we have. But I do think there is a lot of potential in terms of investment. You already have the stadium and academy built. A different ownership group could invest way more in the team and make a bigger effort to attract fans/media/etc

We have underperformed as a business, with an increasingly empty stadium.

"Everybody has a plan until they get punched in the mouth." - Iron Mike

Bitch covered my plaid?
The sorrow inside me grows.
I need my plaid pitch.

"It goes without saying that when things don't go your way they just don't go your way. " - JCO

"He can't kick with his left foot, he can't tackle, he can't head the ball and he doesn't score many goals. Apart from that, he's all right.”
George Best, on David Beckham

thoward18

thoward18

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,450 posts
  • Supports:Metro

We have underperformed as a business, with an increasingly empty stadium.

That I absolutely agree with.

maxmini

maxmini

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,212 posts
  • Supports:RBNY, Corinthians
August 15 is coming fast. Will be a big non renewal year this year.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users