75 replies to this topic

thoward18

thoward18

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,450 posts
  • Supports:Metro

He had a drastic drop off from top forward in the League scoring 22 goals in 25 games in 2020-21 to 9 goals in 31 games for Warsaw in 21-22. Now he is a year older at 33. For comparison Klimala, when he was 21, scored 7 goals in 17 games in the same League. It sounds to me like we are getting an older guy, on the way down, and last year performing on par or worse than than younger guy we already have.

Appears to be an absolutely pathetic move on paper. Haven't actually seen the guy play.

We know that Wawsaw were a shitshow last season. I'm not in love with this but I can see some upside. 

TK_RBNY

TK_RBNY

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,384 posts
  • Supports:Red Bulls, Fulham
Being that hes a free agent there isnt necessarily an urgency on his end to sign. Definitely an urgency on RBNYs end, so.

He turned down a 600k a year contract to play in Turkey, Fletcher was making over $1M. So that gives an idea of where RBNY needs to go to sign him.

Borats

Borats

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,487 posts
  • Supports:NY/NJ Metrostars

Being that hes a free agent there isnt necessarily an urgency on his end to sign. Definitely an urgency on RBNYs end, so.

He turned down a 600k a year contract to play in Turkey, Fletcher was making over $1M. So that gives an idea of where RBNY needs to go to sign him. ... We know that Wawsaw were a shitshow last season. I'm not in love with this but I can see some upside. 

A 33 year old, who is still a FA and had a drastic drop off a season ago to below what Klimala did in the same league as a 21 year old. I only see downside. There has to be a better way.

RedBullScouse

RedBullScouse

Dir. of Football Operations

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 18,707 posts
  • Supports:Irresistable Mermaids/Liverpool/RU

Hamlett in the locker room:   "Hey, anybody know someone looking for a team?"

Luqui: "I might...."

"Everybody has a plan until they get punched in the mouth." - Iron Mike

Bitch covered my plaid?
The sorrow inside me grows.
I need my plaid pitch.

"It goes without saying that when things don't go your way they just don't go your way. " - JCO

"He can't kick with his left foot, he can't tackle, he can't head the ball and he doesn't score many goals. Apart from that, he's all right.”
George Best, on David Beckham

maxmini

maxmini

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,212 posts
  • Supports:RBNY, Corinthians
Só they expect a 33 year old striker to run his ass off in the Red Bull system and score goals? Anyone else find this bizarre? Especially after so many others were passed over because they didnt fit the system.

TK_RBNY

TK_RBNY

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,384 posts
  • Supports:Red Bulls, Fulham

Só they expect a 33 year old striker to run his ass off in the Red Bull system and score goals? Anyone else find this bizarre? Especially after so many others were passed over because they didnt fit the system.

They are out of ideas.

Sasa Curcic's Watch

Sasa Curcic's Watch

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,646 posts
Luiquinhas also doubling as team scout? This guy has any connection to Celtic?

Metrohoboken

Metrohoboken

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,512 posts

Maybe this is Barlow replacement

Bradley Wright-Phillips "I prefer it at Red Bull Arena, but it was OK. I could imagine it being good for a baseball crowd.

Speedball

Speedball

Metro Masochist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,751 posts
  • Interests:Stuff and things.
  • Supports:Metros, NJ Ironmen, Fluminense

Being the eternal optimist, I will hold off on shitting on the guy before I can see whether or not he actually sucks.

"They better keep playing that RB Arena update because that unbuilt stadium is the only positive thing about this soft-drink-selling, coached-by-a-dumbass, trading-good-players-for-shit, hopeless, retarded, club." - MetroFanatic

"It was always six weeks away. Every month, [Nick Sakiewicz] would say, we're six weeks away from the stadium. It's been the longest six weeks of my life." - Mike Petke

"I think every country can learn everything about each other. If the whole world can be together, it can be good." - Mathias Jorgensen

"I want to give you lots of titles for your happiness. Lots of hugs.” - Fabio

maxmini

maxmini

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,212 posts
  • Supports:RBNY, Corinthians

Maybe this is Barlow replacement

Or a Pole exchange?

Speedball

Speedball

Metro Masochist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,751 posts
  • Interests:Stuff and things.
  • Supports:Metros, NJ Ironmen, Fluminense

Ooh, if Klimala ever sends an assist his way, can we say that Metro has now scored from Pole to Pole?

Duh, he isn't Polish. It was a stupid joke anyway ...

"They better keep playing that RB Arena update because that unbuilt stadium is the only positive thing about this soft-drink-selling, coached-by-a-dumbass, trading-good-players-for-shit, hopeless, retarded, club." - MetroFanatic

"It was always six weeks away. Every month, [Nick Sakiewicz] would say, we're six weeks away from the stadium. It's been the longest six weeks of my life." - Mike Petke

"I think every country can learn everything about each other. If the whole world can be together, it can be good." - Mathias Jorgensen

"I want to give you lots of titles for your happiness. Lots of hugs.” - Fabio

elf

elf

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,452 posts
  • Supports:Metrostars

He had a drastic drop off from top forward in the League scoring 22 goals in 25 games in 2020-21 to 9 goals in 31 games for Warsaw in 21-22. Now he is a year older at 33. For comparison Klimala, when he was 21, scored 7 goals in 17 games in the same League. It sounds to me like we are getting an older guy, on the way down, and last year performing on par or worse than than younger guy we already have.

Appears to be an absolutely pathetic move on paper. Haven't actually seen the guy play.

I wouldn't worry to much about age.doesnt look like a he relied on speed.

From what I dug up, he seems to be very very good in the air.

Indyanapolis

Indyanapolis

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,831 posts
Probably makes the team better, which is all we can hope for right now.

If you scan YouTube looking for Bradley Wright-Phillips, youll find numerous goal compilations, a few interviews and, eventually, an excerpt from the grime mixtape series Lord of the Mics.

jamison

jamison

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,468 posts
  • Supports:New York

Too late for me to say, "Dan'll go and Czech the database for us".

We're Hungary for goals at this point, this guy may Sweden our chances of winning a home playoff game, but there's Norway we're winning MLS cup with this level of roster additions that I can (Holy) See, and I doubt getting this guy is going to Greece the wheels of our offense. 

But, whatever. As long as I don't have to watch them start Barlow again, or play Omir as a 'forward winger' with no actual striker. Yeesh. 

Borats

Borats

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,487 posts
  • Supports:NY/NJ Metrostars

Probably makes the team better, which is all we can hope for right now.

I am not sure this is a true statement. The guy produced worse when Klimala did in the same League. But Klimala was 21 at the time, while he is 33, coming off major drop off. It would be expected to further drop off this year from the level already below Klimala. Not sure if this makes the team better. More like a visual that they tried.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users