guanaco20

guanaco20

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,458 posts
  • Supports:NY RedBulls

How will RU fund its athletic program if the $50M
from B10 football money does not arrive?

Alumni?

RedBullScouse

RedBullScouse

Dir. of Football Operations

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 19,800 posts
  • Supports:Irresistable Mermaids/Liverpool/RU

Alumni?

Thanks for the chuckle

"Everybody has a plan until they get punched in the mouth." - Iron Mike

Bitch covered my plaid?
The sorrow inside me grows.
I need my plaid pitch.

"It goes without saying that when things don't go your way they just don't go your way. " - JCO

"He can't kick with his left foot, he can't tackle, he can't head the ball and he doesn't score many goals. Apart from that, he's all right.”
George Best, on David Beckham

JBigjake54

JBigjake54

Amicus Curiae

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 24,313 posts
  • Supports:MetroStars

Alumni?

500,000 alums x $100 each would do it.
But many of the youngest are looking to have their student loans forgiven.
Enough that I paid for one of my kids to attend RU.
Now I am supposed to pay for someone else?

We are good enough to beat the best teams, and bad enough to lose to the worst teams. 

JBigjake54

JBigjake54

Amicus Curiae

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 24,313 posts
Baseball gets another postponement:
https://nypost.com/2...ts-coronavirus/

We are good enough to beat the best teams, and bad enough to lose to the worst teams. 

JBigjake54

JBigjake54

Amicus Curiae

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 24,313 posts
Is nothing sacred?
https://www.thestar....ealth-says.html
The article is short on specifics.
Bartender? Bouncer? Dancer? Lap dancer?
How does one explain this to wife or gf?

JBigjake54

JBigjake54

Amicus Curiae

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 24,313 posts
Can NYC recover from CV?
https://jamesaltuche...ever-heres-why/

Komba

Komba

Dir. of Football Operations

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,535 posts

Yeah, where I work, there has been discussion for the last couple months about how so many from NYC are grabbing homes and areas outside of the city, a lot in north Jersey.  Between Covid and the safety issues with violence, a lot of people are just not going to deal with the risk.  Now just about every white collar job has some way of working remotely, the need to be close to work is gone too.

Speedball

Speedball

Metro Masochist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,985 posts
  • Interests:Stuff and things.
  • Supports:Metros, NJ Ironmen, Fluminense

Yeah, where I work, there has been discussion for the last couple months about how so many from NYC are grabbing homes and areas outside of the city, a lot in north Jersey.  Between Covid and the safety issues with violence, a lot of people are just not going to deal with the risk.  Now just about every white collar job has some way of working remotely, the need to be close to work is gone too.

Exactly. I deal with engineering consultants and attorneys all day and the majority of them are working from home. I believe that a number of companies are going to continue to have employees work at least partially from home even after this is over and are already thinking of downsizing their corporate offices.

"They better keep playing that RB Arena update because that unbuilt stadium is the only positive thing about this soft-drink-selling, coached-by-a-dumbass, trading-good-players-for-shit, hopeless, retarded, club." - MetroFanatic

"It was always six weeks away. Every month, [Nick Sakiewicz] would say, we're six weeks away from the stadium. It's been the longest six weeks of my life." - Mike Petke

"I think every country can learn everything about each other. If the whole world can be together, it can be good." - Mathias Jorgensen

"I want to give you lots of titles for your happiness. Lots of hugs.” - Fabio

Borats

Borats

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,897 posts
  • Supports:NY/NJ Metrostars

Is nothing sacred?
https://www.thestar....ealth-says.html
The article is short on specifics.
Bartender? Bouncer? Dancer? Lap dancer?
How does one explain this to wife or gf?

The same way as always: working late. Just gotta a the bit about someone at work getting Covid.

JBigjake54

JBigjake54

Amicus Curiae

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 24,313 posts
Update: 16,000 dead, 200,000+, 3,400,000 tested.
https://www.nj.com/c...in-7-weeks.html

ESCfanatic279

ESCfanatic279

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 959 posts
  • Supports:METRO USMNT

500,000 alums x $100 each would do it.
But many of the youngest are looking to have their student loans forgiven.
Enough that I paid for one of my kids to attend RU.
Now I am supposed to pay for someone else?

I'm an RU alum and I aint giving them a cent. They have a 1 billion dollar endowment which they can use the interest to pay off shit.

guanaco20

guanaco20

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,458 posts
  • Supports:NY RedBulls
Probably not a good thing if MLS doesnt release eligible National Team players. Kaku might get into his dark mode and sulk the rest of this Year if that happens... https://www.espn.com...-cup-qualifiers

defendyourself

defendyourself

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,144 posts
  • Supports:RBNY, USMNT, Arsenal

you can't recruit international caliber players if they know you will block them from playing in qualifiers.  It sucks but is very short sighted by MLS. 

sabremike

sabremike

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,113 posts
  • Supports:Metros, Man Utd, Buffalo Sabres

you can't recruit international caliber players if they know you will block them from playing in qualifiers.  It sucks but is very short sighted by MLS. 

But isn't the issue that under normal circumstances there would be no issue but the mandatory quarantine (and I could go on a rant about how useless they are but that's beside the point) would force them to miss two more weeks?
Let's Go Buffalo!!!

Indyanapolis

Indyanapolis

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,113 posts
  • Supports:Metro

But isn't the issue that under normal circumstances there would be no issue but the mandatory quarantine (and I could go on a rant about how useless they are but that's beside the point) would force them to miss two more weeks?

Gonzalo Higuain was training with Miami like a week after he arrived in the US, so I don't know what their problem is with other teams ignoring it.

If you scan YouTube looking for Bradley Wright-Phillips, youll find numerous goal compilations, a few interviews and, eventually, an excerpt from the grime mixtape series Lord of the Mics.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users