Indyanapolis

Indyanapolis

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,334 posts
  • Supports:Metro
https://twitter.com/...4429236225?s=21

More Abang saga news. Sounds like the credit card stuff was maybe a setup to intimidate him into extending his loan with them?

Speaking of which, did we sign this guy to a 8 year contract or something?
Frankly, since I am merely a fan and a not a fancy American soccer writer, I'm going to congratulate Wright-Phillips on a well hit goal. If I was an American soccer writer, I'd claim that the recently retired Henry was wearing an invisibility cloak and carried the ball into the net for the obviously unskilled Wright-Phillips.

If you scan YouTube looking for Bradley Wright-Phillips, youll find numerous goal compilations, a few interviews and, eventually, an excerpt from the grime mixtape series Lord of the Mics.

Mibabalou

Mibabalou

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,615 posts
  • Supports:USMNT, MUFC, NYRB
I hope hes ok, hes not a great player but as a human I hope hes safe.

Eleazar

Eleazar

One who helps God

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 19,391 posts
  • Interests:Metro, the USMNT and Boston College Athletics
  • Supports:METRO

he was a tank. a raw tank. something this team hasn't had up top as a central striker in god knows how long. 

RIP Guillermo Romulo, Alexander Francis Orig and Celenio Eleazar.

RIP Cesar Castello, Mike Vallo, and Glenn Stampiglia

"Team That I Dream Of" and "Faithful To The Colors" 

sec201

sec201

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,229 posts
  • Supports:Red Bull, USMNT

I hope hes ok, hes not a great player but as a human I hope hes safe.

I actually think he has tremendous upside as a player. Not sure what happened with him. Hope hes not a lost cause. Met him once in the concourse of RBA and struck up a conversation with him in French. Seemed like a nice kid. Hoping that he sorts out whatever is going on in his life (and that the stories of him being a borderline sociopath are wrong).

SoapyDish

SoapyDish

New Signing

• Members
  • Pip
  • 81 posts
  • Supports:Metro, Arsenal

I love bizarre players who are still somehow under contract with RB. This era's Brian Nielsen.

Hope this situation he's in clears up , though.

elf

elf

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,423 posts
  • Supports:Metrostars

this is like a tv movie... wow... if someone made this up, you wouldnt believe the story. 

MetroFanatic

MetroFanatic

Choose Metro.

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,130 posts

There's clearly some fucked up stuff going on here, but:

1. We need a backup forward

2. His loan is over

3. He is on the payroll

MetroFanatic.com. Metro Forever.

Eleazar

Eleazar

One who helps God

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 19,391 posts

he's still on the payroll cuz if we want more west Africans from that pipeline, we kinda have to have him.

that's my take. 

Indyanapolis

Indyanapolis

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,334 posts

There's clearly some fucked up stuff going on here, but:

1. We need a backup forward
2. His loan is over
3. He is on the payroll

Was thinking the same thing earlier today. Everybody longs for the Alan Gordon sub, and a guy who (somewhat successfully) played that role for us in the past has been available the entire time.

I really hope that we eventually find out what was up with Abang. Clearly something given his loan carousel, but youd think if it was something really bad (i.e. Barco sleeping with a teammates wife) it would have leaked out.
Frankly, since I am merely a fan and a not a fancy American soccer writer, I'm going to congratulate Wright-Phillips on a well hit goal. If I was an American soccer writer, I'd claim that the recently retired Henry was wearing an invisibility cloak and carried the ball into the net for the obviously unskilled Wright-Phillips.

If you scan YouTube looking for Bradley Wright-Phillips, youll find numerous goal compilations, a few interviews and, eventually, an excerpt from the grime mixtape series Lord of the Mics.

iced1776

iced1776

Dir. of Football Operations

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,652 posts
  • Supports:NY Red Bulls, FC Barcelona

Was thinking the same thing earlier today. Everybody longs for the Alan Gordon sub, and a guy who (somewhat successfully) played that role for us in the past has been available the entire time.

I really hope that we eventually find out what was up with Abang. Clearly something given his loan carousel, but youd think if it was something really bad (i.e. Barco sleeping with a teammates wife) it would have leaked out.

Its odd cause we've heard so little about his loans other than the occasional weird headline. Only thing I can really remember is a few years ago where the other coach had some pretty harsh words about his work ethic.

Dude's built for the job, that's for sure.

robs0650

robs0650

New Signing

• Members
  • Pip
  • 63 posts
  • Supports:red bulls

you are right on White , signed to 1st team contract ,don't know about Moreno , missing last 2 games

Looking at MLS roster for Red Bulls , it shows Redding with Season-Ending Injury and Abang no longer on loan

Indyanapolis

Indyanapolis

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,334 posts
Abangs coming home!

Eleazar

Eleazar

One who helps God

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 19,391 posts

i'm under the impression that he won't, but if he actually does...let's hope he does what it takes to stay on the roster and not get unceremoniously loaned out again. 

JayDelight729

JayDelight729

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 16,953 posts

i'm under the impression that he won't, but if he actually does...let's hope he does what it takes to stay on the roster and not get unceremoniously loaned out again. 

IF Abang returns from loan, I'd be ok with not bringing in another forward. 

"Obviously, I want to make a living (in soccer), to say the least," he said. "There's so much you can accomplish in the soccer world, and right now I'm focused on having a good season with the Red Bulls. Ultimately, our goal is to win the MLS Cup, and I see no reason why we can't." - #4 Tyler Adams

iced1776

iced1776

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,652 posts
  • Supports:NY Red Bulls, FC Barcelona

The club has done its best to keep this guy as far away from NY for like 4 years now, I don't see him coming back in the fold.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users