65 replies to this topic

regulator

regulator

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,407 posts
  • Supports:Metrostars, USMNT, Ecuador

How do you propose to empty and refill the stadium in a matter of minutes? We know it won't be a double header.

how do we know it won't be a double header?

gravediGGer

gravediGGer

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,103 posts
  • Supports:METRO
Because we never had one at rba, because they can get a different crowd for both meaning more money, and these bs friendlies have not been double headers anywhere in mls in recent times and was a strategy of the early mls. What makes you think it would be a double header?

Sometimes I think the entire Red Bull existence has been some 19 year old kids football manager save file he only plays when he comes home drunk. - 'Mibabalou'

#FUCKredbull

defendyourself

defendyourself

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 814 posts
  • Supports:RBNY

Club just said that the Columbus match will not be moved on their website.  Double header confirmed. 

regulator

regulator

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,407 posts

with a 1pm kickoff for the benfica game, i doubt that it will be considered a doubleheader. you'll probably need to buy separate tickets to the benfica and RBNY games.  oh well, still holding out hope that STH get a freebie for this one.

SatansHockey

SatansHockey

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,970 posts
  • Supports:New York Red Bulls

with a 1pm kickoff for the benfica game, i doubt that it will be considered a doubleheader. you'll probably need to buy separate tickets to the benfica and RBNY games.  oh well, still holding out hope that STH get a freebie for this one.

0 chance we get free tickets to this, a presale code for full price tickets is all we are most likely getting.

I'm thrilled we got the night game though, let the snobs sit in that miserable heat to watch a pointless game.

JBigjake54

JBigjake54

Amicus Curiae

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,302 posts
  • Supports:MetroStars

hope that STH get a freebie for this one.

If FO have any brains, they will offer freebies to the MLS game, to anyone who goes to the ticket windows after the ICC match & registers for emails. They should also hand out small cards with this offer, as Benfica & Juve fans enter & leave RBA. To avoid scalping, perhaps vouchers should be issued in the names of the fans, to be presented at Will Call for the actual tickets after 6 PM. Walk for dinner & come back for the game.
Also, offer half-price upper level tickets for a future match.
Anything, to attract fans.
I suppose that coordinating with local restaurants would be too much.

We are good enough to beat the best teams, and bad enough to lose to the worst teams. 

sabremike

sabremike

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,165 posts
  • Supports:Metros, Man Utd, Buffalo Sabres

If FO have any brains, they will offer freebies to the MLS game, to anyone who goes to the ticket windows after the ICC match & registers for emails. They should also hand out small cards with this offer, as Benfica & Juve fans enter & leave RBA. To avoid scalping, perhaps vouchers should be issued in the names of the fans, to be presented at Will Call for the actual tickets after 6 PM. Walk for dinner & come back for the game.

That would totally be the smart thing to do but the people in charge here are either stupid or flat out don't care so it sadly has no chance of happening.
Let's Go Buffalo!!!

Captain Koolaid

Captain Koolaid

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 982 posts
  • Supports:Metro, USMNT, Ecuador

Only thing is if Johnny who only came to Juventus game is sitting in Jimmy's seat who has season tickets then there would be a problem but I guess they can go anywhere else since I doubt it will be a packed house ? Very interesting thought though but at this point I don't know how you get more people in stadium.

LONG LIVE METRO

maxmini

maxmini

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 815 posts
  • Supports:RBNY, Corinthians

One would think that they would keep the Pub open but knowing how that goes I imagine it will not be open for the Juve/Benfica game.

JBigjake54

JBigjake54

Amicus Curiae

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,302 posts
  • Supports:MetroStars

if Johnny who only came to Juventus game is sitting in Jimmy's seat who has season tickets then there would be a problem

The FO would only give away tickets for untaken seats.
I am probably kidding myself anyway, in thinking that anything would convince Benfica or Juve fans to attend a MLS match.
Here is the official schedule: http://www.internati...mail&r=16028408

We are good enough to beat the best teams, and bad enough to lose to the worst teams. 

pushthepace

pushthepace

Reserve Team

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 299 posts

It would be especially valuable to recruit the Benfica fans as there are many of them literally minutes away from RBA. 

rhactl7

rhactl7

Reserve Team

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 273 posts
  • Supports:Red Bulls

If FO have any brains,

I stopped reading after that

regulator

regulator

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,407 posts

The presale for this game opened this morning for Red members.  $38 for the cheapest ticket + $20 in fees = $58 per ticket. I think there's still a profit to be made so I bought a block...hopefully this offsets most of my season ticket cost. 

odsum25

odsum25

Reserve Team

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 411 posts

The presale for this game opened this morning for Red members.  $38 for the cheapest ticket + $20 in fees = $58 per ticket. I think there's still a profit to be made so I bought a block...hopefully this offsets most of my season ticket cost. 

I bought a pair downstairs. Thanks for the heads up. I missed the presale email in my inbox initially.

RedBullScouse

RedBullScouse

Dir. of Football Operations

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,241 posts
  • Supports:Irresistable Mermaids/Liverpool/RU

I didn't see anything on this (got tons of email from my Liverpool groups).  What's the link/code to use for Red Members?

"Everybody has a plan until they get punched in the mouth." - Iron Mike

Bitch covered my plaid?
The sorrow inside me grows.
I need my plaid pitch.

"It goes without saying that when things don't go your way they just don't go your way. " - JCO

"He can't kick with his left foot, he can't tackle, he can't head the ball and he doesn't score many goals. Apart from that, he's all right.”
George Best, on David Beckham

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users