• Please log in to reply
22 replies to this topic

Voice of Reason II

Voice of Reason II

Dir. of Football Operations

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,734 posts

The Rza hasnt really worked out. If Ivan replaces him on the roster at a lower number, thats a win, but weve got to do something about replacing Murillo when he goes, and god help us if we lose Adams.

We still need one more attacking player. Less of an issue if Royer gets hot, but still. Zero depth up top if BWP gets injured; I like Etienne but he isnt a finisher per se.

Roster is solid, but were starting to see some holes. Academy depth only goes so far. Glad we got this guy, but still kinda nervous.

RZA started fine, but the injury set him back. Too early to call it quits on him.

RedBullScouse

RedBullScouse

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,241 posts
  • Supports:Irresistable Mermaids/Liverpool/RU

RZA started fine, but the injury set him back. Too early to call it quits on him.

The problem with Rza is his position.  We already have Adams and Davis behind Kaku.   If he could slot in left or right of Kaku, it would be different, but he just hasn't shown interest or aptitude for doing that.    Is he the guy to replace Adams?  Maybe.    I think he's a little soft for that spot.

With Valot out, we need this guy, now,  fingers crossed he's an upgrade over Muyl and not depth behind him.

"Everybody has a plan until they get punched in the mouth." - Iron Mike

Bitch covered my plaid?
The sorrow inside me grows.
I need my plaid pitch.

"It goes without saying that when things don't go your way they just don't go your way. " - JCO

"He can't kick with his left foot, he can't tackle, he can't head the ball and he doesn't score many goals. Apart from that, he's all right.”
George Best, on David Beckham

Komba

Komba

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,908 posts

Just watching vids of this kid and it's tough to get an understanding of certain things without having a real idea of the guys around him or the teams he's playing with.  Seems quick but tough to tell with that.  Certainly OK with physicality.    One thing is for sure, his teammates love him.  They celebrate more with him even when he's getting the assist over the goal scorer.

This can be one signing for those two outside Mid Positions but we need one more. Considering Rivas is a goner, hopefully that money goes there.  I'm Ok with Etienne continuing as BWPs' backup.  He'll get his fair share of minutes there.

RedBullScouse

RedBullScouse

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,241 posts
  • Supports:Irresistable Mermaids/Liverpool/RU

Curious why you think rza hasn't worked out ? He's shown well in most games he's played in. Solid motor and good eye in central mid.

If we lose Adams, he takes over, and at $900K+, ought to be able to do that well.  His problem has been injuries and competition from Adams keeping him on the bench.

"Everybody has a plan until they get punched in the mouth." - Iron Mike

Bitch covered my plaid?
The sorrow inside me grows.
I need my plaid pitch.

"It goes without saying that when things don't go your way they just don't go your way. " - JCO

"He can't kick with his left foot, he can't tackle, he can't head the ball and he doesn't score many goals. Apart from that, he's all right.”
George Best, on David Beckham

Indyanapolis

Indyanapolis

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,114 posts
  • Supports:Metro, Huracan more and more

If we lose Adams, he takes over, and at $900K+, ought to be able to do that well.  His problem has been injuries and competition from Adams keeping him on the bench.

I have zero qualms with Rza slotting into a starting spot any game. Definitely overpaid, but its a loan so it doesnt really bother me. At the very least hes a slightly above average MLS player, which is certainly better than most backups in this league.
Frankly, since I am merely a fan and a not a fancy American soccer writer, I'm going to congratulate Wright-Phillips on a well hit goal. If I was an American soccer writer, I'd claim that the recently retired Henry was wearing an invisibility cloak and carried the ball into the net for the obviously unskilled Wright-Phillips.

If you scan YouTube looking for Bradley Wright-Phillips, youll find numerous goal compilations, a few interviews and, eventually, an excerpt from the grime mixtape series Lord of the Mics.

Indyanapolis

Indyanapolis

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,114 posts
At this point Im (maybe incorrectly) operating on the assumption that well have Olosunde and that Ivan guy by the end of the window.
Frankly, since I am merely a fan and a not a fancy American soccer writer, I'm going to congratulate Wright-Phillips on a well hit goal. If I was an American soccer writer, I'd claim that the recently retired Henry was wearing an invisibility cloak and carried the ball into the net for the obviously unskilled Wright-Phillips.

If you scan YouTube looking for Bradley Wright-Phillips, youll find numerous goal compilations, a few interviews and, eventually, an excerpt from the grime mixtape series Lord of the Mics.

Indyanapolis

Indyanapolis

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,114 posts

EDIT-Yeah, Ivan. My bad. I looked at the 1st half of the longish vid of his. He looks so out of place. Maybe he's a fit. 

Saw a description of that video as clowning a bunch of beer league and 4th tier jabronis. Really hard to draw any real conclusions from that.

Wouldnt be unhappy with giving him a shot though. Wish we could do something like a 2 week USL trial or something.

defendyourself

defendyourself

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 814 posts
  • Supports:RBNY

for every Rza we have a Long who is underpaid, one of the benefits of having a team that relies on youth development.  I don't really care as long as the commitment to overpaid players isn't long.  Just make the deepest and best squad you can each year.  Because Rza (at least when healthy) is good, its cool

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users