104 replies to this topic

AbercrombieAnde

AbercrombieAnde

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,729 posts
  • Supports:METRO
Its time to accept that metro is dead and gone. This team is RB New York. When will one accept this. When there are no longer any former metros on the team? When we move to harrison? When they change the team name?

gravediGGer

gravediGGer

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,418 posts

Its time to accept that metro is dead and gone. This team is RB New York. When will one accept this. When there are no longer any former metros on the team? When we move to harrison? When they change the team name?

Your profile says you support Metro. It starts with you, don't preach to us.

Sometimes I think the entire Red Bull existence has been some 19 year old kids football manager save file he only plays when he comes home drunk. - 'Mibabalou'

#FUCKredbull

AbercrombieAnde

AbercrombieAnde

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,729 posts
Yeah I did support metro. I posted this in response to people bitching about all the RB paraphernalia on the post game show. If the team was metro it was be plastered with metro logos. Stop living in the past. Either support RB or move on.

USreject1186

USreject1186

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,791 posts
  • Supports:The Metro,US Natl,Ger,Hungary
Haven't some people been saying this for a while now? Where have you been? Even if the team is called RedBull, I still support the Metro. It's Metro by heart, not by the name.
"With women, it's always one of two things. Either they won't sleep with you, and then there's really no need to ever call them again. Or they DO sleep with you... and then there's really no need to ever call them again." -Monty(Waiting)

As a wise man once said (theredmenace) "Drunk mouths speak sober minds. And apparently, drunk hands grope slightly less drunk asses."

Mike Petke on Julian de Guzman's tackle on Angel: "I just thought it was a combination of them being frustrated and an average player putting a horrible tackle on a good player. Uncalled for."

AbercrombieAnde

AbercrombieAnde

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,729 posts
Call it No Trophy SC for all I care. Its ironic that I get put in beat the dead horse forum when I wasnt one of the many complaining about the RB logo in the post game show.

wgoood2

wgoood2

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,478 posts
  • Supports:METROSTARS!!
I believe once we move from Giants stadium, Metro is officially dead.

Metromaniac01

Metromaniac01

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,565 posts
  • Supports:Metrostars, US Nats, SMF

If the team was called Red Bull New York when I started coming...well I probably wouldn't have started coming...the day where this becomes a corporate love fest and we can't say Metro and ESC can't swear and we have to fly Red Bull banners is the day when I will think about whether or not its really worth it.

I have heard rumors that maybe the FO is going to buy us banners which we get to "design" ourselves. You know thats only if they have Red Bull logos on them...right? I hope everyone understands that. Every time you give an inch they will ask for more.

Whether it was them not selling me a college ticket (even though I had my college ID) because I was an ESC member or them telling us to stop swearing or them making us fly Red Bull shit, they are making this team ALMOST FUCKING IMPOSSIBLE to support. I am not ready to jump shit, but I hate the way things are going....just my warning to all of you...just remember that we are giving them confidence and the urge to push rules and RB brainwashing (I really don't know a better term) for more every time we fly that stupid Red Bull flag for the money shot.

onionsack

onionsack

Dir. of Football Operations

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,765 posts
  • Supports:New York Cosmos

Its time to accept that metro is dead and gone. This team is RB New York. When will one accept this?

NEVER.
RED BULL OUT!!! - True Soccer fans in NY since 2006

onionsack

onionsack

Dir. of Football Operations

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,765 posts
  • Supports:New York Cosmos

I believe once we move from Giants stadium, Metro is officially dead.

Metro the soccer team is dead. But Metro the "idea" is still alive and well. See people think when we cheer for Metro we always mean Metrostars as if all we are stuck on is missing that name. That is a grave mischarecterization...Metro is now a word that means much more...freedom from the in your face corporate brand marketing spree, freedom from the childish marketing schemes, a symbol for everything the fans hope and dream about from a football club. That is what Metro is...and that will never die as long as it is absent from our pitch.
RED BULL OUT!!! - True Soccer fans in NY since 2006

Metromaniac01

Metromaniac01

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,565 posts
  • Supports:Metrostars, US Nats, SMF
Quoted from the other thread....

You are exactly right..thats exactly what it is and we wont take that bait.

ESC has always been independant and will be as long as me and the other leaders have any say about it. Once you hold out your hand for a handout you start down the path where things can be held over your head to control your actions. We always try to make sure anything we do with them isn't financial in nature, or something not supported by consideration. This bus trip was based on a quid pro qou arrangment not a handout.

This is exactly what I want to hear. I am glad that ESC leadership feels this way. Lets stop flying their flag period.

PSUDude

PSUDude

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,263 posts
honestly, my loyalty is more to the ESC than the team since the sale of Metro. As nice as it is to get some cool Adidas gear from this team, if the ESC wanted to go support the Rough Riders or another local team, that's where I would be. Sure I go sing my balls off every game I can get to, but that's more in the sense of supporting the ESC and making them great, not necessarily make the team great. Along with this, I go and do what I do at the gams in the spirit of the team I started to support even before they were called Metro, not Red Bull.

If I were to accept this team fully, I'd be making a deal with the devil and letting them control me in what I want to do and how I want to do it as far as supporting a team. those who know me know I don't let anyone or anything do that. I am sure there are many who feel the same as I do on some levels

msufiftyseven

msufiftyseven

Reserve Team

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 373 posts
  • Supports:RBNY

Metro the soccer team is dead. But Metro the "idea" is still alive and well. See people think when we cheer for Metro we always mean Metrostars as if all we are stuck on is missing that name. That is a grave mischarecterization...Metro is now a word that means much more...freedom from the in your face coriopratebrand marklinging spree, freedom from the childish marketing schemes, a symbol for everything the fans hope and dream about from a football club. That is what Metro is...and that will never die as long as it is absent from our pitch.

+ fucking 1
South Ward - Home of the Lunatics

120kid

120kid

Reserve Team

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 384 posts
  • Supports:The mighty fucking metros
fucking a... rb is just a continuation of Metro, technically they are the same team. two differnt era's and names but same shit different day. people will always complain about the name but whatever, it is a buisness and shit like that happens because of money. you think in england they like that COCA COLA has a name say in their league, of course not.

bottom line is that metro or RB, they both represent NY soccer and that is it, you can hope for change if you don't like it but realistically this is it for NY soccer for now !
USA...USA...USA...USA...USA..USA

Binks

Binks

Posting From Behind Enemy Lines

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 20,749 posts
  • Supports:Metro, Fulham, RFC

Metro the soccer team is dead. But Metro the "idea" is still alive and well. See people think when we cheer for Metro we always mean Metrostars as if all we are stuck on is missing that name. That is a grave mischarecterization...Metro is now a word that means much more...freedom from the in your face corporate brand marketing spree, freedom from the childish marketing schemes, a symbol for everything the fans hope and dream about from a football club. That is what Metro is...and that will never die as long as it is absent from our pitch.

That name is part of our history. Part of who we are and part of what we will always be. Anyone proud of who they support should be proud of its history and know it regardless of any attempts to rebrand it. We celebrate who we are because of what we were, where we are, and where we are going to be in the future.

I have absolutely no problems with those that want to accept the name change or hang on to the one previous. Shop for a new jersey or buy a new used one on ebay with the old colors. Support and passion for your local side has nothing to do with this nonsense. I wear old and new and don't care what anyone calls them.

I don't really see that there is anything to accept in terms of the name change. By now everyone has made a choice in how they personally deal with this and have moved on.

Pregame pints 15. Ticket to the game 60. Carlsburg, Meatpie and Crisps 16. Seeing an American score on another American at a Premier League match in England; Priceless.
"i just like to be careful right b4 i go on a first date with a chick. too much weird comments on facebook and im dead from the start" - JayDelight

"There's nothing good about my team, my team is shit!" (Harraby Lad to Alexi Lalas about Carlisle United)

And then, just like that, his halitosis and jersey were gone. -Bobby Boswell on Bobbygate

SCNewJersey

SCNewJersey

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,390 posts
  • Supports:RBNY, Celtic, Madrid

That name is part of our history. Part of who we are and part of what we will always be. Anyone proud of who they support should be proud of its history and know it regardless of any attempts to rebrand it. We celebrate who we are because of what we were, where we are, and where we are going to be in the future.

I have absolutely no problems with those that want to accept the name change or hang on to the one previous. Shop for a new jersey or buy a new used one on ebay with the old colors. Support and passion for your local side has nothing to do with this nonsense. I wear old and new and don't care what anyone calls them.

I don't really see that there is anything to accept in terms of the name change. By now everyone has made a choice in how they personally deal with this and have moved on.

The End.
xGSSx

"All the fucking 'experts' in America, everybody who thinks they know about soccer, they can all look at the score tonight and let's see what they have to say now. Nobody has any respect for what we do, for what goes on on the inside, so let them all talk now." ~Michael Bradley

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users