482 replies to this topic

The Metrologist

The Metrologist

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,756 posts
  • Supports:Metro

Fine for you and about 8000 other devotees, but 99.9% of the audience (conservative estimate) does not and will not think of a middling soccer team in NJ when they see the words Red and Bull together, they think of a sickly sweet mixer for those too ladylike to drink their vodka properly. All the additional exposure of the name and the logo via Henry isn't changing that basic fact. It's not supposed to.
No one makes TV commercials to get people to look at their billboards.

juberish

juberish

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,576 posts
  • Supports:RED BULLZ F.C.

Fine for you and about 8000 other devotees, but 99.9% of the audience (conservative estimate) does not and will not think of a middling soccer team in NJ when they see the words Red and Bull together, they think of a sickly sweet mixer for those too ladylike to drink their vodka properly. All the additional exposure of the name and the logo via Henry isn't changing that basic fact. It's not supposed to.

dude, get over the red bull hate.

metrostars is like the gayest name on earth anyway. aside from snickers, no one gives a shit what we're named or owned by, it's all about being entertaining.

NittanyMetros

NittanyMetros

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,892 posts

And none of that changes the fact that Juan Pablo is the best player that Metro has ever seen. Wax poetic all you want, I've never bought RB merch. Mike Petke is on this club, and that's the only justification I need. No one bleeds Metro more than Mike fucking Petke.

#RedBullOut

The Metrologist

The Metrologist

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,756 posts

metrostars is like the gayest name on earth anyway....

How can one argue with statements like these.

The Metrologist

The Metrologist

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,756 posts

And none of that changes the fact that Juan Pablo is the best player that Metro has ever seen. Wax poetic all you want, I've never bought RB merch. Mike Petke is on this club, and that's the only justification I need. No one bleeds Metro more than Mike fucking Petke.

I didn't wax poetic at all. Your bro-love for Mike Petke is fine and touching, but it doesn't address what I'm talking about.

Calcio20

Calcio20

Dir. of Football Operations

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,028 posts
  • Supports:MetroStars FC Juve USMNT

metrostars is like the gayest name on earth anyway. aside from snickers, no one gives a shit what we're named or owned by, it's all about being entertaining.

Yes

guitarguru44

guitarguru44

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,011 posts
  • Supports:Redbulls, USMNT
Blah blah blah Metro is so lame.

Mike Petke doesn't even start and neither does Wolyniec.

Angel doesn't play for the Metro, he plays for the Redbulls.

And if you really are really hardcore you would support the Brooklyn Wanderers or the Newark Caledonians but you are not that hardcore and you support this lameass new age Metro nonesense.

The Redbulls, just like the Metro, are not the first soccer team in this area and they both won't be the last. Supporting teams that don't exist any more is just lame. When will you kids grow up?

guitarguru44

guitarguru44

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,011 posts
  • Supports:Redbulls, USMNT
Or maybe we should all just root for Brooklyn Bridegrooms or the New York Giants because I heard that gets you even more cool points.

NittanyMetros

NittanyMetros

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,892 posts

And if you really are really hardcore you would support the Brooklyn Wanderers or the Newark Caledonians but you are not that hardcore and you support this lameass new age Metro nonesense.

The Redbulls, just like the Metro, are not the first soccer team in this area and they both won't be the last. Supporting teams that don't exist any more is just lame. When will you kids grow up?

I got an idea. Fuck off. I've proudly supported the club since I was 8 years old. Who are you to have an opinion on my support? I'm a season ticket holder for the past 7 years, too. So once again, fuck off.

I'll support the team how I want. Now go run off and earn some more "cool points" on your own time.

Posted Image

#RedBullOut

USreject1186

USreject1186

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,791 posts
  • Supports:The Metro,US Natl,Ger,Hungary

You wonder why some people are skeptical about bringing in new people. Because of assholes like you who just shit on the past of this team. You deny the existence of the Metrostars becuase you are starting to really suck the redbull cock.
"With women, it's always one of two things. Either they won't sleep with you, and then there's really no need to ever call them again. Or they DO sleep with you... and then there's really no need to ever call them again." -Monty(Waiting)

As a wise man once said (theredmenace) "Drunk mouths speak sober minds. And apparently, drunk hands grope slightly less drunk asses."

Mike Petke on Julian de Guzman's tackle on Angel: "I just thought it was a combination of them being frustrated and an average player putting a horrible tackle on a good player. Uncalled for."

GSS Face

GSS Face

Reserve Team

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 408 posts
  • Interests:punk,Oi!,hardcore,ska,reggae. the stuff that most people hate because its not popular or on mtv.
  • Supports:USA,WHUFC,NYRB,US Ancona1905
actually empire s.c. is the only team you should be singing about. the metrostars name was just as much of an advertisement as redbull.
Let's have a war!
Jack up the Dow Jones!
Let's have a war!
It can start in New Jersey!
Let's have a war!
Blame it on the middle-class!
Let's have a war!
We're like rats in a cage!

It already started in the city!
Suburbia will be just as easy...

The Metrologist

The Metrologist

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,756 posts

actually empire s.c. is the only team you should be singing about. the metrostars name was just as much of an advertisement as redbull.

Demonstrably incorrect. It was a vanity name, not a branding project.

Harraby Lad

Harraby Lad

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,606 posts
  • Supports:several real football clubs

I got an idea. Fuck off. I've proudly supported the club since I was 8 years old. Who are you to have an opinion on my support? I'm a season ticket holder for the past 7 years, too. So once again, fuck off.

I'll support the team how I want. Now go run off and earn some more "cool points" on your own time.

Posted Image

This your best ever post.
Master of Karate and Friendship for everyone.

The Metrologist

The Metrologist

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,756 posts

it's all about being entertaining.

If that were true then this experiment would be stone cold dead. Even with Henry, with Marquez, hell - add a 4th DP - there are many sources of much better entertainment in this region than MLS soccer. If you want to hang the organization's hat on being as "entertaining" to the casual sports audience as all the baseball, football, hoops, hockey, and special sporting events around here, as entertaining to local soccer fans as the Big Leagues Overseas, and as entertaining to the masses as all the other stuff the region has to offer throughout the year, you're signing its death warrant. I can get "entertaining" anywhere - often cheaper and better.

The one hope of a pro soccer team in this region is to BE a soccer team ensconced in soccer culture, and to be uniquely and identifiably "New York" (I mean the metropolitan region.) It's a big opportunity because there's nothing else like it, but for four years and counting they've been failing miserably on both points. A couple big names won't do much to resolve that.

ElTriMetro

ElTriMetro

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,887 posts
  • Supports:Metros, Club America.

Posted Image

+1

"Red Bull on the pitch - Metro in our hearts."

#RedBullOut

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users