• 17,138 posts
  • Supports:Irresistable Mermaids/Liverpool/RU

--------------9.Fabio 11.Klimala

-------------------17.Harper

-----------37.Clark........44.Diarra

------------------16.Yearwood

-...5.Gutman 4.Reyes ...33.Long 7.Edwards

-----------------13.Coronel

If you  are playing them in their "natural positions," it would be more like Clark/Davis (creative attacking miod)  for Harper (wide attacking mid), Harper (wide attacking mid) for Diarra (#6), DIarra (#6) for Yearwood (wide mid).

"Everybody has a plan until they get punched in the mouth." - Iron Mike

Bitch covered my plaid?
The sorrow inside me grows.
I need my plaid pitch.

"It goes without saying that when things don't go your way they just don't go your way. " - JCO

"He can't kick with his left foot, he can't tackle, he can't head the ball and he doesn't score many goals. Apart from that, he's all right.”
George Best, on David Beckham

67% Class

67% Class

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 657 posts
  • Supports:NYRB

If you  are playing them in their "natural positions," it would be more like Clark/Davis (creative attacking miod)  for Harper (wide attacking mid), Harper (wide attacking mid) for Diarra (#6), DIarra (#6) for Yearwood (wide mid).

I think those midlfield players are tight in the Struber 442, not wide at all. Of course, we are all assuming Struber has two tricks.442 diamond and a 3-5-2... not sure if that is really the case. 

The Falcon

The Falcon

Reserve Team

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 349 posts
  • Supports:New York Red Bulls

My guess at starting lineup

4-5-1

GK (still up for grabs)

Duncan-Long-Egbo-Edwards

Harper-Diarra-Amaya-Clark-Royer

Fabio

Bench: GK, Gutman, Reyes, CCJ, Valot, Yearwood, White

thoward18

thoward18

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,646 posts
  • Supports:Metro

I wish the best for the kid but I think we can safely say now that Ben Mines was not finding playing time on this roster. 

elf

elf

Dir. of Football Operations

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,191 posts
  • Supports:Metrostars
Royer.... fabio.....clark
......davis☆...yearwood....
..........diarra.........
Gutman..long..reyes..Duncan
.........coronel.........

iced1776

iced1776

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,921 posts
  • Supports:NY Red Bulls, FC Barcelona
Royer and Harper are still the two guys I can't quite plug in since Strubers two preferred formations (5-3-2 and 4-4-2 diamond) don't use wingers. Gotta figure strikers who drift around kinda like Henry used to?

Komba

Komba

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,739 posts

Royer and Harper are still the two guys I can't quite plug in since Strubers two preferred formations (5-3-2 and 4-4-2 diamond) don't use wingers. Gotta figure strikers who drift around kinda like Henry used to?

Agree... I'm not optimistic with Royer and this formation.  Royer was at his best in the 4-2-3-1 and especially that 3-3-3-1 thing we played.  Harper I still have to see regularly to get a feel for.

I still see this happening:

---------Royer--Fabio

--------------Clark

---Amaya--------Diarra

----------Yearwood

Pendant Reyes Long Duncan

Still worried about that defense mostly because of Reyes and Pendant, not sure how Royer fits, the 6 spot probably isn't the best spot for Yearwood.

TK_RBNY

TK_RBNY

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,152 posts
  • Supports:Red Bulls, Fulham

Agree... I'm not optimistic with Royer and this formation.  Royer was at his best in the 4-2-3-1 and especially that 3-3-3-1 thing we played.  Harper I still have to see regularly to get a feel for.

I still see this happening:

---------Royer--Fabio
--------------Clark
---Amaya--------Diarra
----------Yearwood
Pendant Reyes Long Duncan

Still worried about that defense mostly because of Reyes and Pendant, not sure how Royer fits, the 6 spot probably isn't the best spot for Yearwood.

If Diarra is in there you can flip him and Yearwood. Outside of maybe Amaya? and putting Davis there, Diarra is best suited for that 6 role. That all depends on his fitness though

Also Gutman is a lock for LB, believe Pendant is injured although the team will never tell us. MLS roster page has him on the injured list. Even though their pages arent accurate it would explain why Pendant was absent in Florida

McSoccer

McSoccer

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,371 posts
  • Supports:New York Red Bulls, Arsenal

Still worried about that defense mostly because of Reyes and Pendant...

You can stop your worrying about Pendant because Gutman is going to be the starting left back.

Eleazar

Eleazar

One who helps God

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 21,920 posts
  • Interests:Metro, the USMNT and Boston College Athletics
  • Supports:METRO

Fabio Klimala

-----Amaya

Clark Yearwood

------Diarra

Def & Coronel

RIP Guillermo Romulo, Alexander Francis Orig, Celenio Eleazar, and my Mom, Resurreccion Eleazar.

RIP Cesar Castello, Mike Vallo, Glenn Stampiglia, Bob Paquette, and Warren Lee

Bkyoungboss

Bkyoungboss

New Signing

• Members
  • Pip
  • 69 posts
--------------9.Fabio 11.Klimala

-------------------17.Harper

-----------8.Amaya........16.Yearwood

------------------44.Diarra

-...5.Gutman 4.Reyes ...33.Long 7.Edwards

-----------------13.Coronel

TK_RBNY

TK_RBNY

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,152 posts

Fabio Klimala
-----Amaya
Clark Yearwood
------Diarra
Def & Coronel

+ Harper, Carmona, Lacava, Sowe, and probably a make or break year for Omir. A lot of young attacking talent in the pipeline.

Eleazar

Eleazar

One who helps God

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 21,920 posts
  • Interests:Metro, the USMNT and Boston College Athletics
  • Supports:METRO

I don't think Lacava or Sowe will play much for the 1st team. Just a hunch. Hope they can be productive with the reserves again. Carmona, iirc, is allegedly spending the entire season on loan to RB2, similar to when Casseres spent [almost all of] 2018 with the reserves. 

I expect Harper to get plenty of first team looks. No idea re production, but we'll see. 

RIP Guillermo Romulo, Alexander Francis Orig, Celenio Eleazar, and my Mom, Resurreccion Eleazar.

RIP Cesar Castello, Mike Vallo, Glenn Stampiglia, Bob Paquette, and Warren Lee

TK_RBNY

TK_RBNY

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,152 posts

I don't think Lacava or Sowe will play much for the 1st team. Just a hunch. Hope they can be productive with the reserves again. Carmona, iirc, is allegedly spending the entire season on loan to RB2, similar to when Casseres spent [almost all of] 2018 with the reserves. 

I expect Harper to get plenty of first team looks. No idea re production, but we'll see. 

No I dont either. Just meant the attacking pipeline is strong on paper. Harper and Omir will get their chances this year, the rest of the guys will get the bulk of their time with RB2

iced1776

iced1776

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,921 posts
  • Supports:NY Red Bulls, FC Barcelona

I'm surprised that so many of you guys are penciling Harper into the midfield, some even back in the #8 spot. Is that just because you assume he'll definitely start at least somewhere given he's a new acquisition? I thought he was an outright attacking winger who sometimes plays striker. At his age, especially if we bring in Klimala but maybe even behind Royer, I don't think its crazy to think he'll be a rotational starter this season.

At the risk of this coming off as a "deepest team ever" joke, we legit have almost two full midfields of viable players. Left are the starters for me, right is second string but not too shabby. The back three in either formation could swap for each other depending on how Struber see's it

------Clark----------                   ------Valot-------

CCJ----Yearwood                   Davis-------???

------Amaya--------                   -----Diarra------

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users