108 replies to this topic

RedBullScouse

RedBullScouse

Dir. of Football Operations

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 17,129 posts
  • Supports:Irresistable Mermaids/Liverpool/RU

The resale market in the other sports hasnt been as hot as one might expect. Some folks are still nervous about going out. In NY you have to get a PCR test which is between 140-250 out of pocket (Starting April 1st one can present a vaccination card for entry) and is up to your health insurance to reimburse. So that is quelling the market. Also if I am buying a package of tickets, there is a possibility of not being able to make every game due to work or family commitments. Being able to transfer/resell tickets should be allowed. Capitalism is beautiful, you can choose to buy or sell a ticket at a market determined price.

Fuck that.   Just dont take a ticket if you'`re  not going and make them available for the next real fan in line.

"Everybody has a plan until they get punched in the mouth." - Iron Mike

Bitch covered my plaid?
The sorrow inside me grows.
I need my plaid pitch.

"It goes without saying that when things don't go your way they just don't go your way. " - JCO

"He can't kick with his left foot, he can't tackle, he can't head the ball and he doesn't score many goals. Apart from that, he's all right.”
George Best, on David Beckham

JBigjake54

JBigjake54

Amicus Curiae

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 20,413 posts
  • Supports:MetroStars
Received an email from the FO suggesting that tickets will be rationed. Apparently we will be advised two weeks prior to the home opener, and each subsequent game, whether we have been allotted tickets, and where.

We are good enough to beat the best teams, and bad enough to lose to the worst teams. 

RedBullScouse

RedBullScouse

Dir. of Football Operations

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 17,129 posts
  • Supports:Irresistable Mermaids/Liverpool/RU

Received an email from the FO suggesting that tickets will be rationed. Apparently we will be advised two weeks prior to the home opener, and each subsequent game, whether we have been allotted tickets, and where.

Yup... said 15% capacity allowed at the moment.    No indication of how tickets will be allocated., whether by lottery or algorithm or whatever.   I hope they give preference to people one week who didn't get tickets the previous week, and to people with the most message board activity.

"Everybody has a plan until they get punched in the mouth." - Iron Mike

Bitch covered my plaid?
The sorrow inside me grows.
I need my plaid pitch.

"It goes without saying that when things don't go your way they just don't go your way. " - JCO

"He can't kick with his left foot, he can't tackle, he can't head the ball and he doesn't score many goals. Apart from that, he's all right.”
George Best, on David Beckham

JBigjake54

JBigjake54

Amicus Curiae

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 20,413 posts

I hope they give preference to people ... with the most message board activity.

😁
MF only?

We are good enough to beat the best teams, and bad enough to lose to the worst teams. 

JBigjake54

JBigjake54

Amicus Curiae

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 20,413 posts
NJ increasing outdoor capacity to 30%.
RBA should now be up to 7,500 seats.
More than enough for the average crowd.
Although many will be in the Upper Deck.
https://www.nj.com/c...-announces.html

jp917

jp917

Reserve Team

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 194 posts
  • Supports:New York Red Bulls
Dyer is saying that the tarps and construction might be done by opening day

https://twitter.com/...0772813824?s=21

SatansHockey

SatansHockey

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,333 posts

Dyer is saying that the tarps and construction might be done by opening day

https://twitter.com/...0772813824?s=21

Read that again, he's not saying that, he said he's hoping it's done.... Also lmfao at the "construction" being the reason we have the tarps.

regulator

regulator

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,781 posts
  • Supports:Metrostars, USMNT, Ecuador
Supposedly an email went out from the team stating that RBA will be kept at 15% capacity (rather than 30% per the most recent orders from the governor).

SatansHockey

SatansHockey

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,333 posts

Supposedly an email went out from the team stating that RBA will be kept at 15% capacity (rather than 30% per the most recent orders from the governor).

Not saying it's not true but I didn't get any emails saying that.

JBigjake54

JBigjake54

Amicus Curiae

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 20,413 posts

Supposedly an email went out from the team

To who?

stating that RBA will be kept at 15% capacity (rather than 30% per the most recent orders from the governor).

This seems foolish, as 15% would mean rationing, while even 25% would probably encompass all STHs.
Of course, TSM could apply.
Nothing like pissing off the remnants of a fan base.

Brian.MLS

Brian.MLS

RIP MetroStars

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,004 posts
  • Supports:Metro, RBNYII, RBNY U23s, USMNT

To who?

This seems foolish, as 15% would mean rationing, while even 25% would probably encompass all STHs.
Of course, TSM could apply.
Nothing like pissing off the remnants of a fan base.

I received an email on this today. I just hope it's not a sad marketing play to bring more STH on board.

"...Although Governor Murphy has announced that venues with a seating capacity of over 2,500 can host a capacity of up to 30%, due to compliance with social distancing measures, Red Bull Arenas capacity will remain at 15% at this time.

If there is remaining inventory for single match tickets, they will be available on Ticketmaster approximately two (2) weeks before each limited capacity home match. For example, tickets for the home opener on April 17 will become available around April 5.

Want greater priority? Become a Red Member today!..."
2013, 2015 & 2018 Supporters Shield Winners

@CurseofCaricola

JBigjake54

JBigjake54

Amicus Curiae

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 20,413 posts

I received an email on this today.

I am an STH & have received nothing so far.
Checked RBNY website & saw nothing.

"due to compliance with social distancing measures, Red Bull Arenas capacity will remain at 15% at this time."

IOW, the FO has planned for 3,750 attendees, and cannot figure out how to socially distance 4,000, 5,000, 6,000 or 7,000 people in a 25,000 capacity stadium.

McSoccer

McSoccer

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,369 posts
  • Supports:New York Red Bulls, Arsenal

IOW, the FO has planned for 3,750 attendees, and cannot figure out how to socially distance 4,000, 5,000, 6,000 or 7,000 people in a 25,000 capacity stadium.

Maybe its about the concourse areas.

guanaco20

guanaco20

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 979 posts
  • Supports:NY RedBulls
They have also extended the tickets availability to Partial Plan holders. But our options are right now, the first 5 games and from there game to game. Im a Partial Plan holder....probably means they dont have ~3,750 STH committed to attend.

Efried

Efried

Reserve Team

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 409 posts
  • Supports:Metro

I am an STH & have received nothing so far.
Checked RBNY website & saw nothing.

they may also want to play it safe to start and slowly open things up. Also may not be able to get the same number of staff from a security and f&b stand point

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users