180 replies to this topic

Borats

Borats

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,897 posts
  • Supports:NY/NJ Metrostars

Two obvious reds. Ref and VAR ref are simply incompetent. That's MLS for you.

iced1776

iced1776

Dir. of Football Operations

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,342 posts
  • Supports:NY Red Bulls, FC Barcelona

I was a little annoyed with the MLS Digital crew here giving the idea that this was an equally violent game on both sides. A few borderline yellows and Tolkin throwing the ball at Copetti from the ground are apparently on par with two tackles with a serious likelihood of injuring someone, one of which sent our player off the field. This entire segment should have been a skewering of Bronico and Jones.

guanaco20

guanaco20

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,458 posts
  • Supports:NY RedBulls

Does the MLS review games for any potential errors made by the Ref staff? This game has obvious errors when red cards should have been awarded. 

iced1776

iced1776

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,342 posts

Does the MLS review games for any potential errors made by the Ref staff? This game has obvious errors when red cards should have been awarded. 

Yeah PRO has pretty extensive processes for reviewing refereeing performances, its just not always made transparent to the public unless something really insane has happened. Usually if a crew has a nightmare game like they did in this one, they will be assigned to lower division games or lesser roles in MLS games while they undergo training to correct what went wrong.

PRO also does a weekly video that explains every VAR situation in detail. This is from the Week 4 games

RedBullScouse

RedBullScouse

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 19,798 posts
  • Supports:Irresistable Mermaids/Liverpool/RU

https://www.charlott...atch-suspension

Brandt Bronico was issued a one match suspension and an undisclosed fine by the MLS Disciplinary Committee for serious foul play during last weekend’s match against the New York Red Bulls

"Everybody has a plan until they get punched in the mouth." - Iron Mike

Bitch covered my plaid?
The sorrow inside me grows.
I need my plaid pitch.

"It goes without saying that when things don't go your way they just don't go your way. " - JCO

"He can't kick with his left foot, he can't tackle, he can't head the ball and he doesn't score many goals. Apart from that, he's all right.”
George Best, on David Beckham

jjtbone

jjtbone

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 654 posts
  • Supports:RBNY Player Hatah!

Brandt Bronico was issued a one match suspension and an undisclosed fine by the MLS Disciplinary Committee for serious foul play during last weekend’s match against the New York Red Bulls

There should have been at least two here, that take out of Cam Harper was nasty and very dangerous.  

Metrohoboken

Metrohoboken

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,583 posts
Anyone know what these undisclosed fine look like?
Any guess?

Bradley Wright-Phillips "I prefer it at Red Bull Arena, but it was OK. I could imagine it being good for a baseball crowd.

JBigjake54

JBigjake54

Amicus Curiae

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 24,313 posts
  • Supports:MetroStars

Brandt Bronico was issued a one match suspension and an undisclosed fine by the MLS Disciplinary Committee for serious foul play during last weekends match against the New York Red Bulls

https://www.mlssocce...lenge-fernandez

We are good enough to beat the best teams, and bad enough to lose to the worst teams. 

bkizoulis

bkizoulis

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 933 posts
Fuck the league and their refs.. bronico should be banned next time we face eachother. Admitting now youre wrong doesnt do anything for us.

Borats

Borats

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,897 posts
  • Supports:NY/NJ Metrostars

And yet VAR ref could not tell this was a red. Pretty pathetic. Who gives a shit about one game suspension now. Could have been 3 points for us if the asshole makes the most obvious call in his life. It's at times like this that people actually wonder, isn't this exactly why we got VAR? If he can't get this right, why does the guy have a job, I just don't get it.

iced1776

iced1776

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,342 posts

Fuck the league and their refs.. bronico should be banned next time we face eachother. Admitting now youre wrong doesnt do anything for us.

That's actually how MLS Next Pro is doing it this year. I can't remember what they do if its the last time you play that team for the year though.

McSoccer

McSoccer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,057 posts
  • Supports:New York Red Bulls, Arsenal

And yet VAR ref could not tell this was a red. Pretty pathetic. Who gives a shit about one game suspension now. Could have been 3 points for us if the asshole makes the most obvious call in his life. It's at times like this that people actually wonder, isn't this exactly why we got VAR? If he can't get this right, why does the guy have a job, I just don't get it.

Have to agree on VAR. As is, VAR still gets enough stuff wrong that Im not sure its worth all the down time we have to sit through in games now.

Brian.MLS

Brian.MLS

RIP MetroStars

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,478 posts
  • Supports:Metro/NYRBII

That's actually how MLS Next Pro is doing it this year. I can't remember what they do if its the last time you play that team for the year though.

Then it's the next match.
Smartest way to do it.
2013, 2015 & 2018 Supporters Shield Winners

@CurseofCaricola

MetroFanatic

MetroFanatic

Choose Metro.

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 20,262 posts
  • Supports:Metro

Then it's the next match.
Smartest way to do it.

What if someone gets traded or transferred before serving the suspension?

No real good way to do this.

MetroFanatic.com. Metro Forever.

67% Class

67% Class

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,748 posts
  • Supports:Metro

What if someone gets traded or transferred before serving the suspension?

No real good way to do this.

Yeah, the purpose of the red card is to penalize and discourage unsafe actions.... not to reward the team who was slighted. 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users