268 replies to this topic

Mr Fish

Mr Fish

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 632 posts
  • Supports:Red Bull NY
SPLEEN-VENTING ALERT! We are live Tuesday night at 9p! www.nasn.tv/live! Call in!

Mr Fish

Mr Fish

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 632 posts
This week we dug into the new acquisitions, pondered KFC, and chatted with Ives, who may or may not be fair to RBNY. Give a listen.

Metrohoboken

Metrohoboken

Dir. of Football Operations

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,517 posts

This week we dug into the new acquisitions, pondered KFC, and chatted with Ives, who may or may not be fair to RBNY. Give a listen.

Great show this week. Excellent suggestion if we trade Kenny Cooper trade to Chivas and to try to get Nick Labrocca. Local guy who has really stepped it up and plays in a position we need. I think he plays primarily on the outside but can play centrally.

Bradley Wright-Phillips "I prefer it at Red Bull Arena, but it was OK. I could imagine it being good for a baseball crowd.

hackmeister

hackmeister

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,326 posts
  • Interests:Futbol, linux, hunting, drinking beer
  • Supports:NY Red Bulls
So Ives claims that Espindola had a down season in 2012 even though his stats were all time highs (except for goals where he was -1 from the previous season). I called out Ives on twitter about this and he basically said because Espindola didn't score in the big games (playoffs) he basically had a down season. By this logic Henry, Cooper, Wondo and Montero all had down seasons.

nlk10010

nlk10010

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,201 posts

So Ives claims that Espindola had a down season in 2012 even though his stats were all time highs (except for goals where he was -1 from the previous season). I called out Ives on twitter about this and he basically said because Espindola didn't score in the big games (playoffs) he basically had a down season. By this logic Henry, Cooper, Wondo and Montero all had down seasons.

Good point. Besides, Ives needs to define "big game" before his opinion can carry any weight.

"The company loves its money.

If they could, they'd go to strip clubs and throw naked women at money."

Shoot the Bull

Shoot the Bull

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 864 posts
  • Interests:RBNY
  • Supports:RBNY, Arsenal

I saw that exchange on twitter, Hack.

I loved your reply when her said you obviously werent paying attention to Espindola's career.

A simple LOL..... :)

Ives is such a tool when he's called out.....
Proud supporter and STH of RBNY - In it through thick and thin.

Forza Metro! We love ya. Oh, and Fuck DC scum.

twitter: @mromilio

iced1776

iced1776

Dir. of Football Operations

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,335 posts
  • Supports:NY Red Bulls, FC Barcelona

Great show this week. Excellent suggestion if we trade Kenny Cooper trade to Chivas and to try to get Nick Labrocca. Local guy who has really stepped it up and plays in a position we need. I think he plays primarily on the outside but can play centrally.

He had a great 2011 season playing at the top of a diamond midfield, so that would allow us to move Cahill up top.

hackmeister

hackmeister

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,326 posts
  • Interests:Futbol, linux, hunting, drinking beer
  • Supports:NY Red Bulls

Ives is such a tool when he's called out.....

He might be an awesome guy in person but he just seems to have an anti NYRB bias and gets pissy when challenged on things. Whenever NYRB makes a move his default reaction is like "what a terrible move....". If it's anybody else it's more positive. Whatever.

Mr Fish

Mr Fish

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 632 posts
It's all Supporters all the time on our latest show, the Supporters Special! Give a listen.

Telegraphed

Telegraphed

Reserve Team

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 319 posts
You guys do an outstanding job on this show time and again, just wanted to say thanks. Wasn't even expecting any new episodes at all over the offseason, so makes these new ones even sweeter when there's no games to watch. Keep up the good work!

scheets973

scheets973

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 921 posts
  • Supports:NYRB, USMNT, Santos FC
Yeah, You guys do a great job. I go to sleep listening to a soccer podcast and always enjoy when you guys have a new show. My one recommendation is try to get on stitcher or TuneIn.

Dave Martinez

Dave Martinez

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,107 posts
  • Supports:Soccer in New York

Yeah, You guys do a great job. I go to sleep listening to a soccer podcast and always enjoy when you guys have a new show. My one recommendation is try to get on stitcher or TuneIn.

We are on Stitcher my man! Will look into TuneIn.

Mr Fish

Mr Fish

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 632 posts
Thanks for the kind words, Telegraphed & scheets. As Dave said we have been on Stitcher for most of 2012. Also keep in mind that SR appear on NASN streaming radio.

boburuncle

boburuncle

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 663 posts
  • Supports:NYRB, USMNT, USWNT, Bayern Munchen
Stitcher made it much easier to listen on my tablet.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users