magicmoron

magicmoron

Dir. of Football Operations

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,287 posts
  • Supports:RBNY/Metro, US Nats
"these guys will have no effect on your life"

What about when they score on RBNY and we bitch about how we should have drafted them?

Anyway, great stuff guys.

Dave Martinez

Dave Martinez

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,107 posts
  • Supports:Soccer in New York

"these guys will have no effect on your life"

What about when they score on RBNY and we bitch about how we should have drafted them?

Anyway, great stuff guys.

Touche sir ... touche ... :cheers:

Harraby Lad

Harraby Lad

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,606 posts
  • Supports:several real football clubs
I hear you have Mr Heck on your next broadcast.

Can you ask Mr Heck if he sees the 'New York Red Bulls' name as a help or a hindrance to expanding the fanbase of the Tri-State's only MLS franchise, and then explain why he thinks it helps :cool:
Master of Karate and Friendship for everyone.

adiamas

adiamas

Reserve Team

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 401 posts
  • Supports:NY Red Bulls

I hear you have Mr Heck on your next broadcast.

Can you ask Mr Heck if he sees the 'New York Red Bulls' name as a help or a hindrance to expanding the fanbase of the Tri-State's only MLS franchise, and then explain why he thinks it helps :cool:

Why bother? If he says it's a hindrance, people that hate the name (yourself included) will respond "see! see! even Heck agrees we're right!" and if he says it's not those same people will respond "Did you see that spin! Look how he lies! Stupid NBA guy!".

It's a no win proposition and it can be seen from miles away.

MetroSquard

MetroSquard

ain't nuttin to fcuk wit

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,844 posts
  • Supports:NY Red Bulls, USA

Why bother? If he says it's a hindrance, people that hate the name (yourself included) will respond "see! see! even Heck agrees we're right!" and if he says it's not those same people will respond "Did you see that spin! Look how he lies! Stupid NBA guy!".

This is true for any question he's asked. Heck can announce a cure for cancer and bring in a basket of puppies and people here will still say: "What about a cure for AIDS?" and "He hates cats!"

Harraby Lad

Harraby Lad

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,606 posts
  • Supports:several real football clubs
Here come the apologists ........
Master of Karate and Friendship for everyone.

Hutskizzle

Hutskizzle

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,765 posts

Here come the apologists ........

Posted Image

Mike
Petke
Fever
Catch It.

Did I Do That?

Did I Do That?

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,747 posts
Posted Image

Mr Fish

Mr Fish

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 632 posts
  • Supports:Red Bull NY
Our latest, with our chat with RBNY President Chris Heck, is available here.

The SR boys are back to chat with Chris Heck, Red Bulls President of Business Operations. We discuss the 2012 home schedule, ticket sales trends, staffing changes, marketing plans, and success metrics for the season to come. First comes a review of Henry at Arsenal as well as roster additions in and around the MLS draft. Training camp is open, fans! Enjoy this Seeing Red!

Oh... and Dave says "strategery." Seriously.

Dave Martinez

Dave Martinez

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,107 posts
  • Supports:Soccer in New York

Our latest, with our chat with RBNY President Chris Heck, is available here.

The SR boys are back to chat with Chris Heck, Red Bulls President of Business Operations. We discuss the 2012 home schedule, ticket sales trends, staffing changes, marketing plans, and success metrics for the season to come. First comes a review of Henry at Arsenal as well as roster additions in and around the MLS draft. Training camp is open, fans! Enjoy this Seeing Red!

Oh... and Dave says "strategery." Seriously.

LMAO ... ouch. You may have minunderestimated my statement sir. (can we record earlier now?!?!? lol)

juberish

juberish

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,576 posts
  • Supports:RED BULLZ F.C.
erm.... Heck sounding testy and weaselly

Did I Do That?

Did I Do That?

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,747 posts
Heck is talking a big game...

A lot of things "on him"

simont

simont

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,113 posts
  • Supports:Red Bulls USMNT Tottenham Hotspur
This guy is a dumb ass did I hear him rite when he side he thinks we could see 20K at the Wed afternoon game. What is he on what ever it is I don’t want it because it makes you sound dumb the wed afternoon game will be played in front of little to no fan I say 7K if lucky.

Chic Charnley

Chic Charnley

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,410 posts
  • Interests:football, soccer, futball....etc
  • Supports:NYRB & PTFC
As always...a great show. Many thanks for the dedication.

Heck does like to use his "metrics" to answer any question regarding detailed numbers.

Heck claims a lot of the 125/126/127 no shows were due to ticket brokers buying the season tickets so that they can make a buck on the Man Utd all star game. The game wasn't announced until March of 2011. So is Heck saying these seats were unsold before this announcement? Or that the 2011 no-shows were a continuation of the 2010 no-shows?

Good news that Heck is actually delving into individual season ticket performance and weeding out the brokers.

Looks like we're getting NYRB (I'm guessing Henry) on the cans of redbull. A "connecting the brand" type of thing. Or simple put an easy form of advertising for NYRB.

Chris Heck does come over as a salesman, but he does sound like he is trying. He seems to be willing to push his ideas and targets getting the stadium full. Does seem frustrated by the MLS scheduling, not much he can do about it.

I'm I still pissed he raised my season ticket by over a third? Yes, I am. Could it help make the stadium more full? I guess we'll find out next year.

No word on whether my now expensive seat is getting a cup holder...very disappointed Mr Heck :D

Jamez973

Jamez973

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,669 posts
  • Interests:Sports, Gambling, Personal Finance, Relaxing
  • Supports:Strippers & Red Bulls
Don't like Mr. Heck comparing RBNY to Yankees. "Well the Yankees play games in the day time during the summer." Great response by Fish, "Yea, but they don't run 6 miles during a game. "

He sounds very confident in his decisions, almost borderline cocky. We'll see how he does this year.

Great show again guys.
R.I.P. - Metromedia aka Metro

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users