66 replies to this topic

#31 TommyMack

TommyMack

Player/Manager

• LARS Admin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,278 posts

Posted 24 February 2009 - 02:36 AM

Look, I don't care if people suggested this last year on these forums NOR that we may be stealing this from ACB right NOW. This is a great chant and I will do whatever it takes to get people on board. It's simple, it rocks, and it supports our team.

Later... we make it our own in some way. But for now, listen to the MP3 and get on board. We can rise up to this.

TM

#32 Caasi Gohd

Caasi Gohd

Dir. of Football Operations

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,780 posts
  • Supports:Galaxy, Pachuca

Posted 24 February 2009 - 02:52 AM

For the record, and to put all this nonsense to rest. I suggested that we do this chant long before ACB ever chanted it.

No, it's not original, I saw it on an LA Kings commercial while watching the LA Clippers on FSPT.

The chant is badass. The best way to do it is in "chant" form and not in "song" form, so we're going to be going along with some clapping rhythm. Also, to avoid changing tempos (which is to the Riot Squad what women are to Waylon Smithers) we're sticking with the first four lines. That's all you gotta learn.

THIS IS LA
OUR CITY OUR HOME
LOS ANGELES
WE NEVER WALK ALONE

#33 samoabob

samoabob

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,600 posts
  • Supports:LA GALAXY! Liverpool FC

Posted 10 March 2009 - 07:39 PM

I haven't heard anything on this song.... whats the deal guys yay or nay. Personally I am down. The more songs that LARS and ACB does together makes better stadium environment. I am just not down to do 'Campiones'

#34 Ed The Zombie

Ed The Zombie

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,690 posts
  • Supports:G's, Club America, WFC, USA

Posted 10 March 2009 - 08:45 PM

I haven't heard anything on this song.... whats the deal guys yay or nay. Personally I am down. The more songs that LARS and ACB does together makes better stadium environment. I am just not down to do 'Campiones'

We did it at the PPC. It worked but only like the first verse. As Isaac pointed out, we really can't handle a tempo change
Fuimos. Bebimos. Chingamos.

#35 tracer

tracer

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,051 posts
  • Interests:Galaxy, m. utd, dodgers, teaching, more dodgers...more galaxy...chickens
  • Supports:LA Galaxy, Dodgers, Man Utd, USMNT

Posted 10 March 2009 - 10:25 PM

We did it at the PPC. It worked but only like the first verse. As Isaac pointed out, we really can't handle a tempo change

it worked for you and me...and a few other heads in 137... i doubt this will get done...

as soon as josh heard ACB had done it he got all insecure ... and that's how most of the folks feel about it...

if it gets started i'll join is as always cause i don't have a pussy... but good luck.

Team Tucker: You might be cool, but I am ZERO cool.  Foo

#36 josh24601

josh24601

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,330 posts
  • Supports:Galaxy, US, Greece

Posted 11 March 2009 - 12:09 AM

For the record, and to put all this nonsense to rest. I suggested that we do this chant long before ACB ever chanted it.

Even if it took hearing that ACB did it to get Tracer excited, I'm still down.

This one will happen.

#37 tracer

tracer

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,051 posts
  • Interests:Galaxy, m. utd, dodgers, teaching, more dodgers...more galaxy...chickens
  • Supports:LA Galaxy, Dodgers, Man Utd, USMNT

Posted 11 March 2009 - 12:19 AM

Even if it took hearing that ACB did it to get Tracer excited, I'm still down.

This one will happen.

not my fault they were more exciting then your constant bitching

Posted Image

Team Tucker: You might be cool, but I am ZERO cool.  Foo

#38 TommyMack

TommyMack

Player/Manager

• LARS Admin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,278 posts

Posted 11 March 2009 - 01:17 AM

Ease up kids, I just need 20 people to learn it right. We do it three times a game, the others get it (after 4 games). When dealing with 300 to 400 people, it takes a few organized individuals multiple times to get the rest involved.

We ARE doing this, and we will do it right. More later.

tm

#39 projectx

projectx

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,375 posts
  • Supports:Los Angeles Galaxy

Posted 11 March 2009 - 02:34 AM

The chorus for This is LA does not change tempo. The song changes tempos frequently, but the chorus stays in the same range, until the last repetition of the chorus which is done more like a chant.

#40 Caasi Gohd

Caasi Gohd

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,780 posts

Posted 11 March 2009 - 10:30 AM

It's the

For-e-ver true
we'll-be
in tribute to our ci-ty

part that got the squad fumbling around like the President without a teleprompter.

It's maybe not technically a change in tempo, but it's enough of a change to get a drunken man confused.

The chant is good though, keep it to the first 4 lines and we should be a-okay. I'd even advocate a call-and-return from 137 to 138 or backwards to get people familiar with it. I'll help either way.

#41 projectx

projectx

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,375 posts
  • Supports:Los Angeles Galaxy

Posted 11 March 2009 - 10:52 AM

It's the

For-e-ver true
we'll-be
in tribute to our ci-ty

The Forever is the only word that dips to the lower rung of the same tempo.

However, it looks like the problem lies in the way it's being said. The song itself does not separate the "Forever true" from "we'll be", they say close together to fit it into one line and to sort of drown the fact that "we'll" doesn't fit the pattern of the rest of the chorus.

EDIT: Upon further review, it's actually

Forever True We'll Stay
In Tribute to our City

#42 Jeremy aka super jew price

Jeremy aka super jew price

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,164 posts
  • Supports:The G's and West Ham

Posted 11 March 2009 - 04:03 PM

I talked to Joey from the Briggs and he wants to play at one of the games. Also he will be standing with us in 137 (yes 137 because that's where I got moved to) a few games this season.
FIRE BRUCE!!

#43 Slug

Slug

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,679 posts
  • Supports:Los Angeles Galaxy, U.S.A.

Posted 11 March 2009 - 05:18 PM

So when are we getting together for practice on these new chants? The Koreans do it, and we steal everything from them. Chants wise that is. They steal our nuclear secrets.

Let's Eat!

#44 TommyMack

TommyMack

Player/Manager

• LARS Admin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,278 posts

Posted 12 March 2009 - 12:54 AM

I deleted a few posts because they were complete shit about 137/138. Bottom line, it IS GENERAL ADMISSION period and stand where you want within reason.

We will sing the WHOLE FUCKING CHORUS because it's not hard... just listen to the song as linked in the first page of this thread. LEARN IT!!!!

We've mastered harder shit. As I said before, give me 20 people who do it right... and we'll teach the rest.

Argument over.

Learn it the way the BRIGGS to it.

tm

#45 Caasi Gohd

Caasi Gohd

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,780 posts

Posted 12 March 2009 - 01:45 AM

Sir, yes, sir!