TK_RBNY

TK_RBNY

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,100 posts
  • Supports:Red Bulls, Fulham
Jensen still in Denmark with his family while the rest of the team is training

Realize he wasnt training with the team anyway, but what is the apprehension to using the one time cut if they arent trying to find a Superliga team that is interested in him?

The team could benefit from trimming some more of the surplus players who dont have a future here (Jensen, Pendant, etc.).

At minimum they should strengthen the team in the summer window with a center back signing

MetroFanatic

MetroFanatic

Choose Metro.

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 20,262 posts
  • Supports:Metro

Seems too logical not to do.

MetroFanatic.com. Metro Forever.

67% Class

67% Class

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,748 posts

Jensen still in Denmark with his family while the rest of the team is training

Realize he wasnt training with the team anyway, but what is the apprehension to using the one time cut if they arent trying to find a Superliga team that is interested in him?

The team could benefit from trimming some more of the surplus players who dont have a future here (Jensen, Pendant, etc.).

At minimum they should strengthen the team in the summer window with a center back signing

If Jensen's salary or INT slot is the obstacle to bringing some else (CB) in, then sure. But if not, then I dont see the benefit. 

Koko

Koko

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,418 posts

Seems too logical not to do.

Which means they wont do it.

iced1776

iced1776

Dir. of Football Operations

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,342 posts
  • Supports:NY Red Bulls, FC Barcelona

If Jensen's salary or INT slot is the obstacle to bringing some else (CB) in, then sure. But if not, then I dont see the benefit. 

Even if Thelwell is technically capable of signing a CB with the current resources at his disposal, $325k and an international slot should vastly expand the options available to him. I think that flexibility is worth cutting a guy who isn't with the team.

thoward18

thoward18

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,490 posts

I wonder if they have a move arranged for the summer window and that's why they didn't cut him. Didn't want to eat his full salary. 

TK_RBNY

TK_RBNY

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,100 posts
Jensen, Egbo, Pendant, Jorgensen are all occupying senior roster/international spots and contributing zero to the squad.

Egbo being loaned down to RB2 effectively takes him off the roster

Jensen is under contract until 2022 and is 4th choice behind Coronel, Meara, and Lewis

Pendant is 3rd/4th choice behind Gutman, an 18 year old, and a right footed Kyle Duncan

Jorgensen is at best 4th/5th choice behind Klimala, Fabio, Royer, and Barlow and cant stay on the field

Team needs another center back, and could use those other spots to prepare for the loss of Clark and any of the loanees/other players who wont be returning

The saving grace is that unlike some other MLS teams RBNY get a decent amount of value out of their supplemental/reserve roster (Clark, Amaya, Nealis, Tolkin)

Efried

Efried

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,001 posts

Jensen, Egbo, Pendant, Jorgensen are all occupying senior roster/international spots and contributing zero to the squad.

Egbo being loaned down to RB2 effectively takes him off the roster

Jensen is under contract until 2022 and is 4th choice behind Coronel, Meara, and Lewis

Pendant is 3rd/4th choice behind Gutman, an 18 year old, and a right footed Kyle Duncan

Jorgensen is at best 4th/5th choice behind Klimala, Fabio, Royer, and Barlow and cant stay on the field

Team needs another center back, and could use those other spots to prepare for the loss of Clark and any of the loanees/other players who wont be returning

The saving grace is that unlike some other MLS teams RBNY get a decent amount of value out of their supplemental/reserve roster (Clark, Amaya, Nealis, Tolkin)

pendant was injured so I wouldnt be so quick to classify where he stands though imo he should be 3rd on the depth chart

67% Class

67% Class

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,748 posts

Even if Thelwell is technically capable of signing a CB with the current resources at his disposal, $325k and an international slot should vastly expand the options available to him. I think that flexibility is worth cutting a guy who isn't with the team.

I see Jensen out in Summer and a new CB or two in bound (plus maybe some more reinforcements if Casseras is traded). Jensen will be sold/traded/cut day 1 and CBs in day 2. I don't think cutting Jensen now gets that CB in any quicker.    

McSoccer

McSoccer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,057 posts
  • Supports:New York Red Bulls, Arsenal
Why use the exemption on him before they need to?

magicmoron

magicmoron

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,315 posts
  • Supports:RBNY/Metro, US Nats

Why use the exemption on him before they need to?

Because we need a CB quite desperately.

McSoccer

McSoccer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,057 posts
  • Supports:New York Red Bulls, Arsenal

Because we need a CB quite desperately.

Cant we cut him at the time we sign the CB? Why not wait and see if we can transfer him?

thoward18

thoward18

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,490 posts

I'm also pretty sure we can remove Long from the active roster and open up cap space that way. 

magicmoron

magicmoron

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,315 posts
  • Supports:RBNY/Metro, US Nats
Wonder if he will attend any Euro games in Copenhagen.

TK_RBNY

TK_RBNY

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,100 posts
Loaned to Kv Westerlo of the Belgian 2nd division for 1 year

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users