96 replies to this topic

defendyourself

defendyourself

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,143 posts
  • Supports:RBNY, USMNT, Arsenal

Based on Struber's comment on Carmona, it does not seem like he thinks Carmona will be contributing to the first team any time soon. 

yeah i dont expect Carmona to appear with the first team until late in the summer earliest.  Unless he really crushes it in the beginning of USL season.  And this is ok.

regulator

regulator

Dir. of Football Operations

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,440 posts
  • Supports:Metrostars, USMNT, Ecuador
Clark didn't appear for us at first either. Until that 1 game when he did.

Carmona is a bit different since he's coming from abroad. Will take some time to get accustomed to living and playing in the US. But can definitely see him getting in some games towards the tail end of the year.

odsum25

odsum25

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 707 posts
  • Supports:RBNY
Called up to the Venezuelan senior team. (Casseres too, of course)

https://twitter.com/...PQAVvatUWw&s=19

defendyourself

defendyourself

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,143 posts
This could end up being a huge year for Wiki. Of all the U22 guys on this team he has the most potential to really pop

Metrohoboken

Metrohoboken

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,583 posts
I think people are discounting him but maybe NYRB is wanting to see what he brings in the new season
I like him snd hope he steps forward this year but cant count on it and they should bring a more experienced player and then let Clark wiki take other minutes - they will both be gone a bunch

Bradley Wright-Phillips "I prefer it at Red Bull Arena, but it was OK. I could imagine it being good for a baseball crowd.

Bjorn The Bear

Bjorn The Bear

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,047 posts
  • Supports:RBNY - Nets - USMNT

I think people are discounting him but maybe NYRB is wanting to see what he brings in the new season
I like him snd hope he steps forward this year but cant count on it and they should bring a more experienced player and then let Clark wiki take other minutes - they will both be gone a bunch

he will be good for sure this season. kid has talent.

defendyourself

defendyourself

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,143 posts

In an ideal world hed be our first backup at the dual 10s after someone else around Morgans age is signed.

TK_RBNY

TK_RBNY

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,100 posts
  • Supports:Red Bulls, Fulham

In an ideal world hed be our first backup at the dual 10s after someone else around Morgans age is signed.

Ideal world, I think thats just proper team building. 1 g and 1 a in 1500 minutes isnt anything to write home about.

iced1776

iced1776

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,342 posts
  • Supports:NY Red Bulls, FC Barcelona

This could end up being a huge year for Wiki. Of all the U22 guys on this team he has the most potential to really pop

He's got all the physical and a lot of the mental tools to be an elite player. Just needs to get a lot better and a lot quicker making decisions in attack. That's the kind of thing you hope gets way better in year 2 as the game starts to slow down for him.

defendyourself

defendyourself

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,143 posts

He's got all the physical and a lot of the mental tools to be an elite player. Just needs to get a lot better and a lot quicker making decisions in attack. That's the kind of thing you hope gets way better in year 2 as the game starts to slow down for him.

especially as someone who was only playing academy soccer in Venezuela 14 months ago

his assist last year to Klimala was such a high level pass to perfectly weight ball outside of foot.  if he can process what to do he has ability to make it happen

https://twitter.com/...008695904579584

RedBullScouse

RedBullScouse

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 19,798 posts
  • Supports:Irresistable Mermaids/Liverpool/RU

In an ideal world Mo Salah would be our first backup

"Everybody has a plan until they get punched in the mouth." - Iron Mike

Bitch covered my plaid?
The sorrow inside me grows.
I need my plaid pitch.

"It goes without saying that when things don't go your way they just don't go your way. " - JCO

"He can't kick with his left foot, he can't tackle, he can't head the ball and he doesn't score many goals. Apart from that, he's all right.”
George Best, on David Beckham

JBigjake54

JBigjake54

Amicus Curiae

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 24,313 posts
  • Supports:MetroStars

In an ideal world Mo Salah would be our first backup

At 29, he is too old for us.

We are good enough to beat the best teams, and bad enough to lose to the worst teams. 

RedBullScouse

RedBullScouse

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 19,798 posts
  • Supports:Irresistable Mermaids/Liverpool/RU

At 29, he is too old for us.

That's why I said back-up.

"Everybody has a plan until they get punched in the mouth." - Iron Mike

Bitch covered my plaid?
The sorrow inside me grows.
I need my plaid pitch.

"It goes without saying that when things don't go your way they just don't go your way. " - JCO

"He can't kick with his left foot, he can't tackle, he can't head the ball and he doesn't score many goals. Apart from that, he's all right.”
George Best, on David Beckham

JBigjake54

JBigjake54

Amicus Curiae

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 24,313 posts
  • Supports:MetroStars

That's why I said back-up.

He will never develop into a first-team player.

We are good enough to beat the best teams, and bad enough to lose to the worst teams. 

Captain Koolaid

Captain Koolaid

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,517 posts
  • Supports:Metro, USMNT, Ecuador
https://youtu.be/5WKfiG8Rpgw

Found this on Wiki, some of his highlights from 2021. Def some room for improvement but you can see the talent. Cant wait to see what he can do this year. ( A little distraction while we wait this off season )

LONG LIVE METRO

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users