RedBullScouse

RedBullScouse

Dir. of Football Operations

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 16,063 posts
  • Supports:Irresistable Mermaids/Liverpool/RU

#20?

I don't like it.  Way too low a number for this squad.

Let's hope more Joel Lindpere and less Walter Garcia.

"Everybody has a plan until they get punched in the mouth." - Iron Mike

Bitch covered my plaid?
The sorrow inside me grows.
I need my plaid pitch.

"It goes without saying that when things don't go your way they just don't go your way. " - JCO

"He can't kick with his left foot, he can't tackle, he can't head the ball and he doesn't score many goals. Apart from that, he's all right.”
George Best, on David Beckham

Eleazar

Eleazar

One who helps God

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 20,140 posts
  • Interests:Metro, the USMNT and Boston College Athletics
  • Supports:METRO

If he could pass like Amado used to...keep him past Dec. 

RIP Guillermo Romulo, Alexander Francis Orig and Celenio Eleazar.

RIP Cesar Castello, Mike Vallo, Glenn Stampiglia, Bob Paquette, and Warren Lee

"Team That I Dream Of" and "Faithful To The Colors" 

McSoccer

McSoccer

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,683 posts
  • Supports:New York Red Bulls, Arsenal

There's no excuse for this guy not to be good.  He was an England youth national player and he played under former RBL coach Hasenhuttl in the EPL.  I admit to not watching a ton of Southampton matches, but I would bet, given their coach, they pressed a decent amount and Sims should be able to hit the ground running.

The bigger issues he may only be here for 9-10 matches, not counting the playoffs.

Not good for RBNY's long term success, but I think it's a positive there is no buy clause for Sims.  It could mean Southampton still view him as an EPL level player and just want him to get minutes in a system that is similar to their own - having a player that is viewed as a potential EPL player for 1/3 of a season plus playoffs is a good thing, even if it's a short thing.  That's a guess on the buy clause, though.  It could just as easily be that Sims didn't want one because he wanted to feel the team out first.

Borats

Borats

Reserve Team

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 366 posts
  • Supports:NY/NJ Metrostars

There's no excuse for this guy not to be good.  He was an England youth national player and he played under former RBL coach Hasenhuttl in the EPL.  I admit to not watching a ton of Southampton matches, but I would bet, given their coach, they pressed a decent amount and Sims should be able to hit the ground running.

The bigger issues he may only be here for 9-10 matches, not counting the playoffs.

Not good for RBNY's long term success, but I think it's a positive there is no buy clause for Sims.  It could mean Southampton still view him as an EPL level player and just want him to get minutes in a system that is similar to their own - having a player that is viewed as a potential EPL player for 1/3 of a season plus playoffs is a good thing, even if it's a short thing.  That's a guess on the buy clause, though.  It could just as easily be that Sims didn't want one because he wanted to feel the team out first.

There could be numerous reasons why there is no buy clause, but I think a lot will be determined by his performance in the next 3 months. If he plays well and RB like him, but Saints have better players, I could see another year in RB uniform. This is a bit premature at this point, when is the guy coming over and is he available for this Sat?

GMoney

GMoney

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,674 posts
  • Supports:New York Red Bulls
[quote name="McSoccer" post="1351561" timestamp="1565708603"

Not good for RBNY's long term success, but I think it's a positive there is no buy clause for Sims.  It could mean Southampton still view him as an EPL level player and just want him to get minutes in a system that is similar to their own - having a player that is viewed as a potential EPL player for 1/3 of a season plus playoffs is a good thing, even if it's a short thing.  That's a guess on the buy clause, though.  It could just as easily be that Sims didn't want one because he wanted to feel the team out first.[/quote]

The Saints do not believe hes a Premiership player. If they did, theres a 0.0% chance theyd loan him to MLS.

If RB likes him at the end of the loan, we can easily make an offer.

The New York Red Bulls previously kicked around Major League Soccer as the MetroStars with limited success. But after transforming under a new banner in 2005, the Red Bulls have become a force to be reckoned with in the Eastern Conference. The club has made leaps of progress since its previous incarnation and now has its focus on bringing the league title to New York. Grab your New York Red Bulls soccer jersey and other gear here at MLSGear.com.

Right Back

Right Back

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,063 posts
  • Interests:RedBullOut
  • Supports:Metro, RedBullOut

...and less Walter Garcia.

Whoa whoa whoa whoa Whoa, we had 0 goals conceded while he was on the field. 

#RedBullOut

Rats get fat, good men die.

RedBullScouse

RedBullScouse

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 16,063 posts
  • Supports:Irresistable Mermaids/Liverpool/RU

A buy clause just sets a price up front.   A purchase is always an option.

"Everybody has a plan until they get punched in the mouth." - Iron Mike

Bitch covered my plaid?
The sorrow inside me grows.
I need my plaid pitch.

"It goes without saying that when things don't go your way they just don't go your way. " - JCO

"He can't kick with his left foot, he can't tackle, he can't head the ball and he doesn't score many goals. Apart from that, he's all right.”
George Best, on David Beckham

McSoccer

McSoccer

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,683 posts

The Saints do not believe hes a Premiership player. If they did, theres a 0.0% chance theyd loan him to MLS.

Adams is doing great in the Bundesliga.  Long has EPL interest.  RBNY players are capable of stepping up.  And, if Southampton wants to develop a player that can play in a press system why wouldn't RBNY be a better fit than a Championship side that plays a totally different style?  He should definitely play here and he'll develop in a system that can translate into what Southampton do.

Part of Adams immediate success at RBL was that he didn't really have to adjust to their style of play.  Southampton COULD be thinking a similar thing.  Also, this week on Seeing Red they mentioned talk of a possible formal working relationship between RBNY and Southampton.

GMoney

GMoney

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,674 posts

Adams is doing great in the Bundesliga.  Long has EPL interest.  RBNY players are capable of stepping up.  And, if Southampton wants to develop a player that can play in a press system why wouldn't RBNY be a better fit than a Championship side that plays a totally different style?  He should definitely play here and he'll develop in a system that can translate into what Southampton do.

Part of Adams immediate success at RBL was that he didn't really have to adjust to their style of play.  Southampton COULD be thinking a similar thing.  Also, this week on Seeing Red they mentioned talk of a possible formal working relationship between RBNY and Southampton.

Very good questions. Ive literally watched more Premiership games in tbt past 18-years than anyone in this country. Ill give you the reality, regardless of its fair or not.

England still sees MLS as a far inferior league. They see 2nd and 3rd division players like BWP, setting records here.

Their serious prospects get loaned to lower level Premiership clubs or Championship clubs, right down the road where they can keep a close eye on them. When Premiership clubs ship players to MLS. The club is saying, its over for them at the parent club.

That doesnt mean the player cant be a good MLS player. There are many examples of it working out well for MLS teams. A good recent example of this is Brad Smith, left back from the Seattle Sounders. Hes been a good player for them after being loaned from Bournemouth. The Cherries arent looking for him to gain experience and come back to commodore a staring spot. Their shedding calories and trimming the fat.

Im not saying its right or wrong, its just the current reality.

The New York Red Bulls previously kicked around Major League Soccer as the MetroStars with limited success. But after transforming under a new banner in 2005, the Red Bulls have become a force to be reckoned with in the Eastern Conference. The club has made leaps of progress since its previous incarnation and now has its focus on bringing the league title to New York. Grab your New York Red Bulls soccer jersey and other gear here at MLSGear.com.

sabremike

sabremike

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,503 posts
  • Supports:Metros, Man Utd, Buffalo Sabres

Very good questions. Ive literally watched more Premiership games in tbt past 18-years than anyone in this country. Ill give you the reality, regardless of its fair or not.

England still sees MLS as a far inferior league. They see 2nd and 3rd division players like BWP, setting records here.

Their serious prospects get loaned to lower level Premiership clubs or Championship clubs, right down the road where they can keep a close eye on them. When Premiership clubs ship players to MLS. The club is saying, its over for them at the parent club.

That doesnt mean the player cant be a good MLS player. There are many examples of it working out well for MLS teams. A good recent example of this is Brad Smith, left back from the Seattle Sounders. Hes been a good player for them after being loaned from Bournemouth. The Cherries arent looking for him to gain experience and come back to commodore a staring spot. Their shedding calories and trimming the fat.

I find their pretentious attitude hilarious because the quality of play in the championship is nowhere near as high as they believe it is.
Let's Go Buffalo!!!

McSoccer

McSoccer

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,683 posts

Outside of ManCity lending players to MLS, I know we dont see EPL-to-MLS loans happen where the player is a legit prospect. But, Southampton is different. Theyre a club that actually develops players. Im just saying, its a possibility that they look at RBNY specifically (style of play, Adams, Long) and feel Sims can develop here better than the Championship. Its not out of the realm of possibility, especially given the rumor that there are talks of a formal relationship between the clubs. I wouldnt think hes a high level prospect, but theres a chance Southampton sees some value in him.

Eleazar

Eleazar

One who helps God

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 20,140 posts
  • Interests:Metro, the USMNT and Boston College Athletics
  • Supports:METRO

isn't he out of contract after the 2020 season? i'm leaning towards that he won't be an every day EPL player. but if he is given a chance to do something here, and if he likes it enough, i'm sure the aforementioned budding relationship between the 2 teams will be able to work something out for him to stay throughout the remainder of his contract? i wouldn't put it past them for something like that, it could work, so why not? 

Luke Rodgers loved it here, even told Sam while they were both on trial at Portsmouth(?) that he'd come back for free. Sam loved it here. Could be the same for Sims too, if we're lucky, no? 

RIP Guillermo Romulo, Alexander Francis Orig and Celenio Eleazar.

RIP Cesar Castello, Mike Vallo, Glenn Stampiglia, Bob Paquette, and Warren Lee

"Team That I Dream Of" and "Faithful To The Colors" 

GMoney

GMoney

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,674 posts

Outside of ManCity lending players to MLS, I know we dont see EPL-to-MLS loans happen where the player is a legit prospect. But, Southampton is different. Theyre a club that actually develops players. Im just saying, its a possibility that they look at RBNY specifically (style of play, Adams, Long) and feel Sims can develop here better than the Championship. Its not out of the realm of possibility, especially given the rumor that there are talks of a formal relationship between the clubs. I wouldnt think hes a high level prospect, but theres a chance Southampton sees some value in him.

I hear what youre saying....its just not reality. If you think they have any idea of the NYRB style of play, youre fooling yourself. Do you know Lutons style of play in the Championship? Of course not. Because you dont care about that team or league. They dont care about MLS or NYRB.

Also, the Saints are the best developmental program in England. They definitely dont need MLS help developing their players.

When a guy is Sims age and still havent broken through, theyre no longer a prospect in their eyes. Guys like James Ward-Prowse are prospects who broke through at the right age (from their perspective). Luke Shaw, Callum Chambers, etc.

That doesnt mean Sims wont be a really good MLS player because I hope he will be.

McSoccer

McSoccer

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,683 posts

I hear what youre saying....its just not reality. If you think they have any idea of the NYRB style of play, youre fooling yourself. Do you know Lutons style of play in the Championship? Of course not. Because you dont care about that team or league. They dont care about MLS or NYRB.

Also, the Saints are the best developmental program in England. They definitely dont need MLS help developing their players.

When a guy is Sims age and still havent broken through, theyre no longer a prospect in their eyes. Guys like James Ward-Prowse are prospects who broke through at the right age (from their perspective). Luke Shaw, Callum Chambers, etc.

That doesnt mean Sims wont be a really good MLS player because I hope he will be.

I watched a decent number of Fulham matches their last two seasons in the Championship.  It's a unique league and not necessarily the best for player development given the money involved for these teams if they get promoted.  Do I expect to ever see Sims in a Southampton kit again? No, but I wouldn't be shocked.

Southampton was rumored to be one of the teams interested in Long, right?  I wonder if they're going to offer Sims and cash for Long after the season...

GMoney

GMoney

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,674 posts

I watched a decent number of Fulham matches their last two seasons in the Championship.  It's a unique league and not necessarily the best for player development given the money involved for these teams if they get promoted.  Do I expect to ever see Sims in a Southampton kit again? No, but I wouldn't be shocked.

Southampton was rumored to be one of the teams interested in Long, right?  I wonder if they're going to offer Sims and cash for Long after the season...

Good chat brother, you know your stuff.

You never know with Long. I think West Ham was the most serious in the pursuit and applied for a work permit for him.

I think there are lots of lower lever Premiership players and Championship players whos be really good in MLS. History has supported that.

BTW, I watched Fulhams 1st Championship game this season.....they were really bad unfortunately.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users