• This topic is locked This topic is locked
146 replies to this topic

#31 tracer

tracer

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,051 posts
  • Interests:Galaxy, m. utd, dodgers, teaching, more dodgers...more galaxy...chickens
  • Supports:LA Galaxy, Dodgers, Man Utd, USMNT

Posted 27 May 2011 - 07:52 PM

Accept it. Just accept it. Unless you can change the mind of the higher ups wirtting the checks, there's nothing you can do. Nothing. Cancel your season tix, stop going to games, strongly worded letter to the front office, all of that will be insignificant to Uncle Phil and everyone else at AEG. David Beckham is part of your Los Angeles Galaxy. And he will be a part of the team forever. When sports historians go back and look at the roster for the G's, his name will be there. Nothing you can do to erase it.

:cheers:

Team Tucker: You might be cool, but I am ZERO cool.  Foo

#32 Catamount

Catamount

Dir. of Football Operations

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,634 posts

Posted 27 May 2011 - 09:50 PM

Sorry. I'm too American to accept the idea that one player on the team should be given privileges the others don't have, not because he's a better player but because wants it that way. Grumpy laces up his boots the same way everyone else does. If Bruce is prepared to let every player on the roster go to a friend's retirement party and miss a match that counts, then I'd be fine with it. You and I both know that won't happen, so it shouldn't happen for Grumpy. AEG loves Grumpy more than the Galaxy. That's what keeps me up at night. To stop caring about that would require that I stop caring about the Galaxy. So until AEG cares more about the Galaxy than Grumpy, and Grumpy cares more about the team than himself, I will continue to be just as bothered as I would with any situation where and individual is treated as being more important than the team (e.g. The US Daddy's Team).
:angry:

#33 Slug

Slug

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,679 posts
  • Supports:Los Angeles Galaxy, U.S.A.

Posted 27 May 2011 - 11:09 PM

Well Cat, you are not gonna sleep well for a long time. AEG does not care about you or the Galaxy. They care about profits and their investors. And in the end, thats what really matters. Its a fucking business not a public owned team. Do you guys not fucking get it after all these years? JFC!!!

Let's Eat!

#34 Catamount

Catamount

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,634 posts

Posted 27 May 2011 - 11:37 PM

Well Cat, you are not gonna sleep well for a long time. AEG does not care about you or the Galaxy. They care about profits and their investors. And in the end, thats what really matters. Its a fucking business not a public owned team. Do you guys not fucking get it after all these years? JFC!!!

Well Slug! You're going to continue to accept mediocrity and make excuses for lack of commitment, when commitment is what it takes to win championships. Jerry Buss knows how to run a business that wins championships. You act like they are mutually exclusive. Job one is to win championships. As long as that happens you have a business to worry about. If there is no hope for a championship then you won't have a business. Look at Chivas USA.

Please don't patronize those of us who understand what it takes to win a championship. Business has much less to do with it than commitment, passion and cohesiveness top to bottom. So talk all you want about how we need to accept this, and accept that because it is a "reality". Sounds like the Clipper front office to me. As thankful as I am for MLS and how far it has come. As excited as I am to see young talented players with the kinds of opportunities I never had, US Soccer will not reach the next level as long as individuals are more important than the team and money trumps soccer. The NBA is the best league in the world, but the US isn't the best basketball team. Same problem.
:pint:

#35 Cristobal Guillermo

Cristobal Guillermo

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,817 posts
  • Supports:GaLAxy, USWNT, Reign, Tacoma Stars

Posted 28 May 2011 - 12:50 AM

Accept it. Just accept it. Unless you can change the mind of the higher ups wirtting the checks, there's nothing you can do. Nothing. Cancel your season tix, stop going to games, strongly worded letter to the front office, all of that will be insignificant to Uncle Phil and everyone else at AEG. David Beckham is part of your Los Angeles Galaxy. And he will be a part of the team forever. When sports historians go back and look at the roster for the G's, his name will be there. Nothing you can do to erase it.

You can accept it. I plan to go on being pissed off. Maybe my pissed-off thought waves will cause Uncle Phil and Timmay Lieweke to be struck with an epiphany and sell the team to someone who gives a shit while they go off and become monks in a Nepalese monastery. That seems to me more likely than my simply accepting this shit.

Proud "been a fan since '96" douchenozzle

Cogito me cogitare, ergo cogito me esse. Et futuito istam pullam!

http://www.nybooks.c.../15/our-moloch/

#36 haggis

haggis

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,438 posts
  • Interests:Beer, Cheebs, Kebabs, Curry Sauce, all things Axl Huckleberry and my anxiety-ridden beagle, and my wife who is my life (not necessarily in that order)<br /><br />But, he's a good beagle!
  • Supports:Galaxy, Rangers, and Good Beer!

Posted 28 May 2011 - 02:03 PM

US Soccer will not reach the next level as long as individuals are more important than the team and money trumps soccer. The NBA is the best league in the world, but the US isn't the best basketball team. Same problem.

Spot On!

I also hope The G's win some Trophies, not some meaningless Supporter's Shield.

As Andy said to Red, Hope is a good thing.
Judas: "We welcomed you with open arms, but will be seeing you off with the 2 finger salute!"

BMAB: Drunkenese for By Me Another Beer!
"For fear that one drink will be lonesome, take another to keep it company, and another to keep the peace between them." -Anonymous

Hey, Kool Aid!

For the love of beer, it was a pretzel!

#37 cesar

cesar

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,146 posts
  • Supports:Women

Posted 28 May 2011 - 02:39 PM

Did beckham ask to go to the champions league final? His buddies are playing.

#38 Slug

Slug

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,679 posts

Posted 31 May 2011 - 04:02 PM

Well Slug! You're going to continue to accept mediocrity and make excuses for lack of commitment, when commitment is what it takes to win championships. Jerry Buss knows how to run a business that wins championships. You act like they are mutually exclusive. Job one is to win championships. As long as that happens you have a business to worry about. If there is no hope for a championship then you won't have a business. Look at Chivas USA.

Please don't patronize those of us who understand what it takes to win a championship. Business has much less to do with it than commitment, passion and cohesiveness top to bottom. So talk all you want about how we need to accept this, and accept that because it is a "reality". Sounds like the Clipper front office to me. As thankful as I am for MLS and how far it has come. As excited as I am to see young talented players with the kinds of opportunities I never had, US Soccer will not reach the next level as long as individuals are more important than the team and money trumps soccer. The NBA is the best league in the world, but the US isn't the best basketball team. Same problem.
:pint:

Plain and simple ... meh. Accept it.

Let's Eat!

#39 Catamount

Catamount

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,634 posts

Posted 31 May 2011 - 05:49 PM

Plain and simple ... meh. Accept it.

Meh. Make excuses... :cheers:

#40 Slug

Slug

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,679 posts

Posted 31 May 2011 - 09:01 PM

Meh. Make excuses... :cheers:

It's easy to make excuses.
It's harder to love.
Love him.
Accept him.

Let's Eat!

#41 Catamount

Catamount

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,634 posts

Posted 31 May 2011 - 11:39 PM

It's easy to make excuses.
It's harder to love.
Love him.
Accept him.

I do love him! Very much! That's why I expect more of him. That's why I can't accept him being less than he fully could be. How could you possibly settle for less? For his sake? :(

#42 Ed The Zombie

Ed The Zombie

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,690 posts
  • Supports:G's, Club America, WFC, USA

Posted 10 June 2011 - 02:16 AM

Hold on folks

Becks as player/manager?
Fuimos. Bebimos. Chingamos.

#43 Catamount

Catamount

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,634 posts

Posted 10 June 2011 - 09:25 AM

Hold on folks

Becks as player/manager?

The url says .co.uk at the end, so taken with a case of Morten's salt. Grumpy is going to put in long hours, assist and play second fiddle to Bruce, while playing in Europe at the same time? :lol: :o :huh:

#44 WTF!!?

WTF!!?

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 892 posts
  • Supports:ITFC-LAG

Posted 10 June 2011 - 10:45 AM

Hate to ruin the countdown but, don't MLS Contracts expire Dec 31?
I Ramble and Twitter and waste a lot of time on Facebook.

"Beckham is as much committed to the Galaxy as Amy Winehouse is committed to staying sober."
-- Gunner

"Becks is Anna Kournikova in a jockstrap."
--Ian O'Connor in the Hackensack (NJ) Record

#45 haggis

haggis

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,438 posts
  • Interests:Beer, Cheebs, Kebabs, Curry Sauce, all things Axl Huckleberry and my anxiety-ridden beagle, and my wife who is my life (not necessarily in that order)<br /><br />But, he's a good beagle!
  • Supports:Galaxy, Rangers, and Good Beer!

Posted 25 November 2011 - 10:56 PM

Au Revoir Boules D'or......

still don't think he is leaving, but did make ESPN news feed.
Judas: "We welcomed you with open arms, but will be seeing you off with the 2 finger salute!"

BMAB: Drunkenese for By Me Another Beer!
"For fear that one drink will be lonesome, take another to keep it company, and another to keep the peace between them." -Anonymous

Hey, Kool Aid!

For the love of beer, it was a pretzel!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users