• Please log in to reply
113 replies to this topic

Father Ted

Father Ted

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 928 posts

Yeah! I remember how that late goal put us through to the quarter-finals over Belgium in 2014 in Brazil!
Oh, wait ...
https://m.youtube.co...h?v=UhItEAEeaRk

Good thing we're not playing Belgium in the MLS playoffs then.

We've faltered the last few seasons when we've hit a wall in the playoffs and each time it seems we don't have that spark off the bench when we need it.  If we're needing a goal with 15 mins to go in the playoffs, who would you rather bring on?  Etienne Jr or Wondo?

sabremike

sabremike

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,238 posts
  • Supports:Metros, Man Utd, Buffalo Sabres
Do the Mets bring in reinforcements to the Cyclones to win the NY Penn League? We are just a developmental side for the soda people, it is what it is. We mean nothing to them in the general scheme of things. Even the big signings like Kaku are with the idea of selling them in a few years to make a profit.
Let's Go Buffalo!!!

thoward18

thoward18

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,019 posts
  • Supports:Metro

Good thing we're not playing Belgium in the MLS playoffs then.

We've faltered the last few seasons when we've hit a wall in the playoffs and each time it seems we don't have that spark off the bench when we need it.  If we're needing a goal with 15 mins to go in the playoffs, who would you rather bring on?  Etienne Jr or Wondo?

Etienne Jr. The only thing Wondo has going for him right now is name recognition. 

Indyanapolis

Indyanapolis

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,159 posts
  • Supports:Metro, Huracan more and more
Are we going to claim Abang as a new signing now that hes finally not on loan anywhere?
Frankly, since I am merely a fan and a not a fancy American soccer writer, I'm going to congratulate Wright-Phillips on a well hit goal. If I was an American soccer writer, I'd claim that the recently retired Henry was wearing an invisibility cloak and carried the ball into the net for the obviously unskilled Wright-Phillips.

If you scan YouTube looking for Bradley Wright-Phillips, youll find numerous goal compilations, a few interviews and, eventually, an excerpt from the grime mixtape series Lord of the Mics.

Koko

Koko

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,508 posts

If we're needing a goal with 15 mins to go in the playoffs, who would you rather bring on?  Etienne Jr or Wondo?

Neither player gets me super excited for those 15 minutes, but something is better than nothing. And its sad that thats the highest expectation I have for the transfer window. Go energy soda.

Anyway, Id like to have Etienne already on the field and then ALSO bring Wondo on.

Just add a proven attacking body. Please.

CGF

CGF

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,337 posts
  • Supports:RBNY

I prefer late subs that change the dynamic of the game. A pure finisher is one thing, but Etienne with energy can create time and space against tired defenders. 

"Thank you, Jesus. (Martinez.)"- Jamison

JayDelight729

JayDelight729

Dir. of Football Operations

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 16,926 posts

Even the big signings like Kaku are with the idea of selling them in a few years to make a profit.

Isn't that the idea for every team, but about a half dozen in the world?

"Obviously, I want to make a living (in soccer), to say the least," he said. "There's so much you can accomplish in the soccer world, and right now I'm focused on having a good season with the Red Bulls. Ultimately, our goal is to win the MLS Cup, and I see no reason why we can't." - #4 Tyler Adams

regulator

regulator

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,488 posts
  • Supports:Metrostars, USMNT, Ecuador
Shh don't ruin the anti red bull circle jerk

Eleazar

Eleazar

One who helps God

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 19,104 posts
  • Interests:Metro, the USMNT and Boston College Athletics
  • Supports:METRO

Isn't that the idea for every team, but about a half dozen in the world?

unrealistic for anyone in the fanbase to want this team to be the premier club team in the entirety of the Americas,. if we want to sniff that title, we have to buy guys, and flip em. 

RIP Guillermo Romulo, Alexander Francis Orig and Celenio Eleazar.

RIP Cesar Castello and Mike Vallo

"Metro..."

JayDelight729

JayDelight729

Dir. of Football Operations

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 16,926 posts

unrealistic for anyone in the fanbase to want this team to be the premier club team in the entirety of the Americas,. if we want to sniff that title, we have to buy guys, and flip em. 

And there's nothing wrong with that. In fact, I'm thrilled RBNY has reached the stage of feeder club. MLS matters now on the world level now and people are noticing.

"Obviously, I want to make a living (in soccer), to say the least," he said. "There's so much you can accomplish in the soccer world, and right now I'm focused on having a good season with the Red Bulls. Ultimately, our goal is to win the MLS Cup, and I see no reason why we can't." - #4 Tyler Adams

uptownbull

uptownbull

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,498 posts
  • Supports:metro, barca, usa

I just want to be spoiled like an MLS 3.0 new jack and see my team go all in with three DPs.

Eleazar

Eleazar

One who helps God

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 19,104 posts
  • Interests:Metro, the USMNT and Boston College Athletics
  • Supports:METRO

I just want to be spoiled like an MLS 3.0 new jack and see my team go all in with three DPs.

good thing you didn't post this on twitter, else ppl would get triggered. 

RIP Guillermo Romulo, Alexander Francis Orig and Celenio Eleazar.

RIP Cesar Castello and Mike Vallo

"Metro..."

SatansHockey

SatansHockey

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,057 posts
  • Supports:New York Red Bulls
I get tied for first in most points per game and blah blah blah but this team really needs that 3rd DP that makes a big impact when it matters most in the playoffs. Not using something that can make the team better is foolish and makes me think we'll be bounced from the playoffs early again this year.

uptownbull

uptownbull

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,498 posts
  • Supports:metro, barca, usa

This team is beatable over two games. Two great players can be shut down by a good defense, especially when they're smaller and not suited to games with a lot of long/aerial balls.

Slightly disappointed in Davis' goalscoring thus far. He's doing great, unsung work in CM. Just missing that Felipe-esque long shot factor. DP3 at right mid and holy jeebus.

General Robles

General Robles

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 747 posts
  • Supports:New York, Newcastle, Palermo

Thank god this team doesn't actually suck. Can't imagine the meltdown we'd be seeing here. 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users