SatansHockey

SatansHockey

Dir. of Football Operations

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,293 posts
  • Supports:New York Red Bulls

GSS: still cunts

What happened? I wasn't feeling so great tonight so I ended up sitting in 201 tonight. It made me realize how shitty it really sounds with the sections doing different songs at the same time. It sounded like they had their own drum tonight so both drums were playing different songs at the same time.

I wish we could all get along and get on the same page but we have a better shot at winning the MLS cup before that happens.

Eleazar

Eleazar

One who helps God

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,966 posts
  • Interests:Metro, the USMNT and Boston College Athletics
  • Supports:METRO

shrugs. 

RIP Guillermo Romulo, Alexander Francis Orig, Celenio Eleazar, and my Mom, Resurreccion Eleazar.

RIP Cesar Castello, Mike Vallo, Glenn Stampiglia, Bob Paquette, and Warren Lee

NittanyMetros

NittanyMetros

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,892 posts
  • Supports:Metro

I personally lost my cool after like ten of em started giving us the finger for no reason.

#RedBullOut

Eleazar

Eleazar

One who helps God

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,966 posts

oh, that explains mike's posts, then.

RIP Guillermo Romulo, Alexander Francis Orig, Celenio Eleazar, and my Mom, Resurreccion Eleazar.

matador

matador

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,594 posts
  • Supports:metro, USMNT

Usually I will defend GSU but them having a separate drum totally fucked up the sound of the whole south ward.  They weren't just skipping the spanish songs, they also did their own thing through we are the boys, come on you boys in white, and other songs that ESC only began doing to sing with them and VA in the first place.  

break516beatz

break516beatz

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,052 posts
  • Supports:Metro, USMNT, Man United

I usually don't get involved with SG nonsense because I believe we are all here for the same reason but GSS really fucked things up last night. Between them doing different songs than the rest of the SW and them flipping them off 101 (I saw one guy but I'm sure there were more) it was a shitshow.

F U NYCFC

Our home, our club. You will always be #2 in NY/NJ

If you want to hear my ramblings on football and hockey on Twitter, give me a follow: @jeffreykleiman

Eleazar

Eleazar

One who helps God

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,966 posts

michele-bachmann-shrug.jpg

ElTriMetro

ElTriMetro

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,887 posts
  • Supports:Metros, Club America.
GSS hijo de puta!

And for the record, come on you boys in white SUCKS.

"Red Bull on the pitch - Metro in our hearts."

#RedBullOut

Haig

Haig

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,793 posts
  • Supports:Bora Bora Metro
Happy that we took the train from Buffalo to see a win, but the GSU deciding to go rogue and trying to make it about themselves was total bullshit. Backfired, too -- you could hear them about as much as the away supporters, which is to say not at all, because the rest of the South Ward got louder when the first three rows of 133 started doing their own thing.

Definitely seemed like it was Spanish songs that set this off. I don't care what crap excuse there is, but anyone who calls themselves antifa and them turns around and shouts down Spanish songs doesn't have the foggiest about what antifa is about.

Solidaridad-Internacional-Antifascista-S
╔╦╗┌─┐┌┬┐┬─┐┌─┐  ╔═╗┌─┐┬─┐┌─┐┬  ┬┌─┐┬─┐
║║║├┤  │ ├┬┘│ │  ╠╣ │ │├┬┘├┤ └┐┌┘├┤ ├┬┘
╩ ╩└─┘ ┴ ┴└─└─┘  ╚  └─┘┴└─└─┘ └┘ └─┘┴└─

cryforburke

cryforburke

Reserve Team

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 445 posts
  • Supports:RBNY

What the fuck is the problem with singing Spanish songs?  How could there possibly be any kind of sane argument against it?  What kind of tea party nonsense is going on here?  

MikeV

MikeV

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,833 posts
  • Supports:Metros

What the fuck is the problem with singing Spanish songs?  How could there possibly be any kind of sane argument against it?  What kind of tea party nonsense is going on here?  

It makes as much sense as being against 'modern football' while also being against people using 'Metro' instead of Red Bulls. 

Metromaniac01

Metromaniac01

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,565 posts
  • Supports:Metrostars, US Nats, SMF
I hadn't been to a game since May or June and was pretty shocked by what I saw on Saturday. I have always been a fan of GSU. Back in the day it was only ESC and many people weren't too hip about seeing a new group. SMF made it a point to be welcoming and try to convince others that two groups was alright. We always had their back in 16A, inside Giants Stadium, on road trips, at El Pastor, we've been to Bellos a handful of times for pregame. Anyways you get the point, I am much more pro-GSU than the average ESC fellow.

My conclusion after Saturday is that it seems like GSU is trying to take a stance and show they they are different (whether that is harder, cooler, more badass idk) than the other SGs that support the same team as GSU. It started when SMF was walking into the stadium and crossed paths with GSU leadership. These are guys we used to spend time with outside of games, I've been to their houses and met them on the town dinner. When down in DC for a trip, SMF #2 (who lived in DC at the time) took those guys out to dinner and showed em a good time. Yet when we see them on the sidewalk before the game this Saturday they can't even be bothered to look up or respond, they just walk right past us, brushing shoulders but obviously too cool to say hey to some fellow supporters and friends they hadn't seen for a while. It was very middle-schoolish.

Whatever though SMF was still ready to have a good time. We got into the section and were doing our thing. I even told El Braneckito, hey man look at GSU, they got those 3 flags and theres organized jumping, they look pretty good. We were getting down and having a pretty good game, and then someone in ESC started our best song, "As Long As I'm Breathing." This song was WRITTEN by one of our own members (every other song we do is borrowed from Europe or South America) and it is one of our only songs that supporters of other clubs don't sing. But for some reason GSU wasn't participating at all and even seemed to be mocking it. I asked SMF #2 what was going on and he said, "GSU doesn't sing Spanish songs." And I am thinking but it's "As Long As I'm Breathing." Thats not Spanish. But the song has ONE (that is not an error, only one) Spanish word in the song so apparently GSU cannot sing it! Honestly are you kidding me? I couldn't believe it.

But then it got better! We started doing Vamos and El Braneckito told me about the nachos things. I looked over at GSU to see one of 3 things. Either people were not singing at all, they were were singing nachos grande, or they were doing some combination of those two while flipping ESC the bird and yelling stupid wanna be tough guy stuff like, "think you're tough get down here," or "I'll kick your ass" etc. 

So there I was singing one of my favorite songs watching while a whole group refused and some of them even yelled in my direction to come fight them. At this point, I am at a loss for words. In the past when singing Vamos the whole section would join in, get stronger and closer, and it really fires up the energy of the section. This time while singing it, I felt a little different.

Of course this continued when we sang Ole Ole Ola. I honestly can't remember the last time I sang louder than that. I had so much more energy and desire to show up our own fans than any Montreal away fans or anyone else. I just couldn't believe how our own fans were trying so hard to intentionally sabotage our own supporters.

So does saying "Nachos Grande" instead of "Vamos" make GSU racist? No. Does pouting like a little child every time we start a Spanish song make them racist? Not really. Does refusing to sing a song because it contains one single Spanish word make them racist? Ehhh. Does trying to fight ESC every time they start a Spanish song make you racist? Not entirely. Does flipping the bird, yelling at, and trying to start shit with any fan that starts a Spanish song mean they are racist. Not necessarily.....but when you combine all of this stuff, it certainly begs the question.

We all support the same team right? GSU has added a lot of new "chants" borrowed from English teams. They aren't songs, but ESC participates in all of them. And with that said, GSU can't be bothered to sing songs that have been around this team since WAYYY before they were? And only because these songs are Spanish? 

That's what I saw on Saturday after being away from RBA for a couple months. Thats how I came up with that opinion that they are trying to distinguish themselves from the other SGs as tougher, more extreme, or whatever.

ElTriMetro

ElTriMetro

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,887 posts
  • Supports:Metros, Club America.
GSU, compadre, chingues a tu madre.

"Red Bull on the pitch - Metro in our hearts."

#RedBullOut

Jeremy Thunder

Jeremy Thunder

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,217 posts
  • Supports:Metro
If only everybody realized how pathetic this all looks from an outside perspective.

We're talking about grown men singing rhyming songs about an American soccer team who can't manage to convince 25,000 people at a time to give a fuck, and they're fighting one another about which dorky song is better or worse than which. This is not a good look.

Why don't they just move to the other side of the stadium? VA and ESC seem to be able to move past their differences. Send the four rows of racist tryhard goons to the other end.

__    __   ______Spirit_of_96 __ __     _____    
 /_/\  /\_\ /\_____\/\_______)\/_/\__/\  ) ___ (   
 ) ) \/ ( (( (_____/\(___  __\/) ) ) ) )/ /\_/\ \  
/_/ \  / \_\\ \__\    / / /   /_/ /_/_// /_/ (_\ \ 
\ \ \\// / // /__/_  ( ( (    \ \ \ \ \\ \ )_/ / / 
 )_) )( (_(( (_____\  \ \ \    )_) ) \ \\ \/_\/ /  
 \_\/  \/_/ \/_____/  /_/_/    \_\/ \_\/ )_____(   
                   Red Bull Out                                 

Mouth of Sauron

Mouth of Sauron

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,819 posts
  • Interests:My master's bidding
  • Supports:Sauron

I think we need a 4th SG. Maybe a 5th. 

Is there any in this rout with authority to treat with me? Or indeed with wit to understand me?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users