Eleazar

Eleazar

One who helps God

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,967 posts
  • Interests:Metro, the USMNT and Boston College Athletics
  • Supports:METRO

The team made the playoffs. But with the way 101 was for most of the home games, it might as well have been 1999 or 2009. 

RIP Guillermo Romulo, Alexander Francis Orig, Celenio Eleazar, and my Mom, Resurreccion Eleazar.

RIP Cesar Castello, Mike Vallo, Glenn Stampiglia, Bob Paquette, and Warren Lee

Koko

Koko

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,418 posts
  • Supports:Metro
Last year I told them that I was cancelling my season tickets because they werent signing enough talent.

There was very little argument from them.

General Robles

General Robles

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,260 posts
  • Supports:Metro & Newcastle

Just Cancel the fucking season

Fairly good odds that happens, I'd say. 

RedBullCola

RedBullCola

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 699 posts
  • Supports:Redbulls

not all talent develops as expected.  If we followed the bring in all the DPs Tyler would be riding the bench.

But again spend some real $$$ to bring in lots of young DPs and other talent.  

Tyler was a massive talent the moment he came to the first team.  Any DP(s) that would keep Tyler on the bench would have been amazing.

Were talking Cahill, Henry level.

ivo

ivo

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,369 posts
  • Supports:NYRB, Real Madrid

Tyler was a massive talent the moment he came to the first team.  Any DP(s) that would keep Tyler on the bench would have been amazing.

Were talking Cahill, Henry level.

Let's calm down here, no need to rewrite history even if we all love Tyler. Dax, who's certainly not a DP at the levels you mention, was doing a good enough job in a similar role the previous season.

JBigjake54

JBigjake54

Amicus Curiae

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 24,313 posts
  • Supports:MetroStars

Last year I told them that I was cancelling my season tickets because they werent signing enough talent.

You realize that that $340 cost us the opportunity to sign a South American NT player?

We are good enough to beat the best teams, and bad enough to lose to the worst teams. 

iced1776

iced1776

Dir. of Football Operations

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,342 posts
  • Supports:NY Red Bulls, FC Barcelona

Let's calm down here, no need to rewrite history even if we all love Tyler. Dax, who's certainly not a DP at the levels you mention, was doing a good enough job in a similar role the previous season.

I think he was responding to the idea that bringing in DPs would be a bad thing because talented homegrown players like Tyler wouldn't get as clear of a chance to play. We're all at least a little sentimental towards homegrown players, but I agree with RedBullCola. Bottom line is the more talent the team has the better we'll be, even if its at the expense of some homegrown minutes.

Koko

Koko

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,418 posts

You realize that that $340 cost us the opportunity to sign a South American NT player?

I believe that my season ticket money drastically affects signings yes.

RedBullCola

RedBullCola

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 699 posts

Tyler plays 3 maybe 4 positions. My point is that one DP would not keep a player like him on the bench.

If he was stuck on the bench it because were fielding a super team week in week out.

uptownbull

uptownbull

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,775 posts
  • Supports:METRO! Barca, PR libre

With the Red Bull price point, I'm having trouble telling if these are jokes or factual commentary about $350 affecting signings.

RED. BULL. OUT. 

#SaveTheMetro

MetroFanatic

MetroFanatic

Choose Metro.

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 20,262 posts

Atlanta signs a Mexican international winger on a FREE transfer.

We lose our DP winger.

Rinse, repeat.

MetroFanatic.com. Metro Forever.

RedBullCola

RedBullCola

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 699 posts
Remember when we were complaining about bringing in too many over the hill STARS.

Id kill for those days.

Metrohoboken

Metrohoboken

Dir. of Football Operations

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,583 posts

Remember when we were complaining about bringing in too many over the hill STARS.

Id kill for those days.

which got us nothing for the first 16 years? 1996-2012.

2013 with the over the hill stars was great and then the young teams since then who brought us more than those stars. 

Bradley Wright-Phillips "I prefer it at Red Bull Arena, but it was OK. I could imagine it being good for a baseball crowd.

Indyanapolis

Indyanapolis

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,113 posts
If only there was a balance between Tom Barlow and a 40 year old looking for a paycheck.

What a shame that there are no soccer players who meet that description.

If you scan YouTube looking for Bradley Wright-Phillips, youll find numerous goal compilations, a few interviews and, eventually, an excerpt from the grime mixtape series Lord of the Mics.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users